Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Video That Shows Beck Flip-Flopping

Watch the first video. I am curious to see what some of your opinions are as to why he flip-flopped.

http://www.indecisionforever.com/2009/0 ... hypocrisy/
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Re: Video That Shows Beck Flip-Flopping

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Watch the first video. I am curious to see what some of your opinions are as to why he flip-flopped.

http://www.indecisionforever.com/2009/0 ... hypocrisy/
    Beck started out 2008 as the victim of a botched hemorrhoids operation when what should have been a routine outpatient procedure sent him to the hospital for five days. In the hospital, the serious painkillers he was on led him to contemplate suicide. A video of Beck, unshaven, disheveled, bleary-eyed and with his head propped up on a pillow as he told his fans about his disastrous health care experience, became a YouTube sensation in early 2008.

========================================

I saw all of those shows real-time.
    When he was talking at first, he had only regular healthcare done. It is true that we have the best.
    Then he almost died from a botched Hemorrhoid operation.

Hospitals are laying off more and more people and the nurses and doctors are over worked and understaffed.
    It is not their fault.
    There is bound to be problems if you run below minimum.....

Jon Stewart has no job if he tells the whole truth, he spins everything to make it fit his Liberal agenda. I hope you only watch him for laughs and not your news?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

WorriedAmerican, did you watch the whole video? Beck said himself how bad our healthcare is. Then all of a sudden he flip flopped. Why? If it was a problem then, why is he saying we have the best now?

Also, America ranks fairly far down the list as far as healthcare. We have one of the highest infant morality rates in the world. That alone says a lot about our healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    WorriedAmerican, did you watch the whole video? Beck said himself how bad our healthcare is. Then all of a sudden he flip flopped. Why? If it was a problem then, why is he saying we have the best now?

Also, America ranks fairly far down the list as far as healthcare. We have one of the highest infant morality rates in the world. That alone says a lot about our healthcare.
    It was three separate shows, not one. Jon edited them together.

Glenn loves his healthcare, then he almost dies, he's upset with his healthcare, he realises mistakes are made, he loves his healthcare again.

It's like loving your kid and then one day out of 365, you don't like him. It doesn't mean you hate your kid.

Jon Stewart is a Liberal that invents some situations to have a better show. He's an angry middle-aged Liberal spewing mis-statements.

Other than that his mom probably loves him.
    Dick Morris

Beck knows just as much as we do that health care sucks, but ill deal with that over any government run system that covers Illegals, hell illegals or not the govt needs to get out of my life!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Beck knows just as much as we do that health care sucks, but ill deal with that over any government run system that covers Illegals, hell illegals or not the govt needs to get out of my life!!
    I think most people want healthcare reform.
    It's this CONGRESS we don't want having their grimmy little fingers on it.
    Then there is the Mother of all Messiah's evil intentions for us little people.
    They have proved daily that they can't be trusted.
    Dick Morris

During the primary debates in the last election Beck acted like Ron Paul was some kind of lunatic, I think even calling him a "fruitcake" but acted totally different to him when he had him on his show sometime later. It just seemed so disingenuous.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

By the way kniggit, I have been a Monty Python fan for YEARS, and I love the name and the avatar, taken from my one of the best parts of the movie. I know the script by heart.

I used to watch Beck when he was on Headline News, but now that he moved to Fox, the guy has gone a bit perquacky.
    There he said he was no journalist, a former rodeo clown and a recovering alcoholic, but his program on Fox is presenting him as the absolute authority on our country's problems. Hannity and O'Reilly both are a bit easier to listen to that this guy with blood shooting out of his eyes, and recomminding torches and pitchforks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I used to watch Beck when he was on Headline News, but now that he moved to Fox, the guy has gone a bit perquacky.
    There he said he was no journalist, a former rodeo clown and a recovering alcoholic, but his program on Fox is presenting him as the absolute authority on our country's problems. Hannity and O'Reilly both are a bit easier to listen to that this guy with blood shooting out of his eyes, and recomminding torches and pitchforks.
    The difference between Beck and O'Reilly and them is that Beck
    does a Political Comedy Tour and uses satire as does Bill Maher on the Democrat side.

He isn't a journalist! He is a news commentator.
    He is a recovered(ing) alcoholic, what's your point on that?

Personally I think people that are *ssholes and have nothing to give up are worse.
    They will always be that *sshole.......
    Beck hides nothing about himself so go ahead and judge him all you want.

Therefore their appraoches are different. I'm surprised you didn't get that?
    No one else uses humor like Beck does on his show.
    He is a showman and a well read, and investigative man with ADHD.

It's apples and oranges you're comparing Vortex.

I agree with 80% of Beck, usually it's the religion that separates me from him.

Of course someone is going to treat their guest respectfully.
    He would Obama too, but he would have hard questions and not belittle him.

He is a student of the Constitution, a Libritarian, so he feels we all have our rights to feel however we want
    BUT we can't impose those feelings on others.

He literally goes by the constitution unlike MANY others on TV.
    So doesn't Ron Paul so I'm surprised he said what you wrote here? I will check into it.
    Ron Paul has been PROVEN to have been RIGHT when others were wrong.
    People view him differently now I think.
    He's a hero for me.

So Rodeo clowns are a job beneath you? I think it's called,
    "A VERY DANGEROUS JOB Vortex, it isn't a Burger King Job!"
    I also thought he was just kidding on being a Rodeo Clown?

* Glenn is always packing heat due to close-minded individuals....

After reading it myself I bet not many reading it have had AS SUCCESSFUL a career as Beck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I just looked him up and Wiki says:
    Glenn Lee Beck (born February 10, 1964) is an American radio and television host, conservative political commentator, author, and entrepreneur. He hosts The Glenn Beck Program, a nationally syndicated talk-radio show that airs throughout the United States on Premiere Radio Networks. Beck also hosts a self-titled television show on Fox News Channel.

In addition to broadcasting, he has written three New York Times-bestselling books, and is the publisher of Fusion Magazine. Beck also stars in a one-man stage show that tours the US twice a year.[1]

Personal life
    Beck was born in Mount Vernon, Washington in February 1964, and raised a Roman Catholic. His early life was pitted with tragedies; his mother and one of his brothers committed suicide, and a sibling had a fatal heart attack.[2] He graduated from Sehome High School in Bellingham, Washington in 1982.

A 2007 profile in "LDS Living" magazine provides a comprehensive history of Beck's early life and career in radio, and states that his first significant exposure to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints came at age 18 when, after graduating high school, he moved from Washington to Salt Lake City, Utah and shared an apartment with a former Mormon missionary. The article goes on to say that his first marriage ended in divorce at age 30 (1994). He and his second wife, Tania, joined the church in October 1999, partly at the urging of his eldest daughter, Mary, who has cerebral palsy.[3]

Beck was admitted to a special program for non-traditional students at Yale University while he was working for a New Haven-area radio station, having received at least one of his recommendations from Senator Joe Lieberman. During this time Beck took a single theology class, dropping out around the time of his divorce.[4]

Beck is a self-described recovering alcoholic and addict. He and his first wife divorced amid his struggle with substance abuse. Beck cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous in his sobriety, and he eventually converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,[5] which teaches against the consumption of alcohol.

By his first marriage, Beck has two teenage daughters, Hannah and Mary. With his second wife, Tania, he has two children, Raphe and Cheyenne. He is currently a resident of New Canaan, Connecticut.

Career

Radio
    See also: Glenn Beck Program
    Beck began his radio career when he won a local radio contest to be a DJ for an hour, and was eventually granted a part-time job. He hosted Christian radio on Saturday, rock on Sunday and country on weeknights. In the mid 80s he worked at WRKA radio in Louisville, Kentucky as a morning-drive DJ. His show was called Captain Beck and the A-Team.

After graduating from high school, Beck pursued his career as a Top 40 DJ. By the time he was in his 20s, Beck was on WKCI-FM (KC101), a Top 40 radio station in Hamden, Connecticut, hosting the local morning show with Pat Gray. Originally the show was billed as the Glenn and Pat Show. When Gray left the show, Beck continued with co-host Vinnie Penn. While working in Connecticut, he appeared and sang background vocals on The Delrays' Red, White and Blues CD, a fund raising effort by then Governor John G. Rowland produced by guitarist Tom Guerra. The CD was well received and was promoted by a series of live appearances.

The Glenn Beck Program first aired in 2000 on WFLA (AM) in Tampa, Florida, and took their afternoon time slot from eighteenth to first place within a year.[6] In January 2002, Premiere Radio Networks launched the show nationwide on forty-seven stations. The show then moved to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, broadcasting from new flagship station WPHT.

In January 2002, The Glenn Beck Program launched nationally on Premiere Radio Networks. On November 5, 2007, The New York Times reported that Premiere Radio Networks was extending Beck's contract. By May 2008, it had reached over 280 terrestrial stations as well as XM Satellite. It was ranked 4th in the nation with over six and a half million listeners.[7]

Television
    In January 2006, CNN's Headline News announced that Beck would host a nightly news-commentary show in their new primetime block Headline Prime. The show, simply called Glenn Beck, aired weeknights at 7:00 p.m., repeating at 9:00 p.m. and midnight (all times Eastern) from May 8, 2006 to October 16, 2008.

By 2007, Beck's success on CNN had ABC wanting him for occasional appearances on Good Morning America.[citation needed]

CNN Headline News described the show as "an unconventional look at the news of the day featuring his often amusing perspective on the top stories from world events and politics to pop culture and everyday hassles."[8] At the end of his time at CNN-HLN, Beck had the second largest audience behind Nancy Grace.[9] On July 21, 2008, Beck filled in for Larry King on the show Larry King Live.[10] In 2008, Beck won the Marconi Radio Award for Network Syndicated Personality of the Year.[11]

On October 16, 2008 it was announced that Glenn Beck would join the Fox News Channel, leaving behind CNN Headline News. CNN pulled the program off the air the same day. A news hour with Jane Velez-Mitchell filled Beck's former slot, with subsequent slots filled by Lou Dobbs Tonight encores.[12] After moving to the Fox News Channel, Beck began to host Glenn Beck airing weekdays at 5pm ET, beginning January 19 2009, as well as a weekend version.[13] His first guests included Karl Rove, Governor Sarah Palin, and the wives of Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos.[citation needed] He also has a regular segment every Friday on the Fox News Channel program The O'Reilly Factor titled "At your Beck and call."[citation needed]

Books
    The Real America: Messages from the Heart and Heartland, released September 1, 2003
    An Inconvenient Book, released November 20, 2007, was #1 on the New York Times Best Seller list for the week of December 9, 2007
    The Christmas Sweater, released on November 11, 2008, was #1 on the New York Times Best Seller list for the week of November 30, 2008, and the week of December 25, 2008.
    Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine, released June 2009.
    Arguing with Idiots: America's Next Epic Battle: 1776 vs. 1984, scheduled for September 2009 release.
    Additionally, Beck was the author of the foreword to the 2008 edition of conservative author Cleon Skousen's The 5,000 Year Leap. Beck has described the book as "divinely inspired."[14]

An interview with Beck about The Christmas Sweater appeared on James Dobson's Focus on the Family web site but was removed after complaints by an evangelical group that the article failed to mention that he is a Mormon. [15][16]

Beck is also the publisher of the comedy magazine Fusion Magazine, which is a play on the slogan of the The Glenn Beck Program, "The Fusion of Entertainment and Enlightenment."

Live events
    In March 2003, Beck ran a series of rallies called Glenn Beck's Rally for America in support of troops deployed for the upcoming Iraq War. He ran the final rally at Marshall University over the Memorial Day weekend. In subsequent years, Beck has toured American cities twice a year, presenting a one-man stage show. His stage productions are a mix of stand-up comedy and inspirational speaking.[17] His current tour is called Glenn Beck's Common Sense Comedy Tour.

In 2005, the summer show Glenn Beck: On Ice advocated diminishing the role of politics in daily life. The 2006 summer show The Mid-Life Crisis Tour featured life's lessons from the perspective of a middle-aged man.

In June 2007, Beck completed his latest tour called An Inconvenient Tour. It focused on the inconvenient aspects of everyday life, and was a parody of Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth in name only. On July 4, 2007, Beck served as host of the 2007 Toyota Tundra "Stadium of Fire" in Provo, Utah. The annual event at LaVell Edwards Stadium on the Brigham Young University campus is presented by America's Freedom Foundation, a non-profit organization whose mission is "to provide deeply felt emotional experiences that celebrate and promote the traditional American values of family, freedom, God and country."[18]

On May 17, 2008, Beck gave the keynote speech at the NRA convention in Louisville, Kentucky.[19] Also in 2008, Beck's summer show was Beck '08: Unelectable, a political comedy tour. It was also carried for one night live via satellite to suitably equipped theatres around the U.S. For his annual winter tour, Glenn Beck's Christmas Tour, Beck focuses on a Christmas theme. In 2008, the Christmas tour was a live performance of his novel The Christmas Sweater. The last stop on the tour was simulcast via satellite to hundreds of suitably equipped movie theatres around the US. The performance was also replayed the following day (titled an "encore" performance) in many of those same theatres.
    Each year in January, Beck and Stu Burguiere return to their original home station of 970 WFLA to provide commentary on the yearly Gasparilla Pirate Festival parade. Additionally, Beck's We Surround Them meeting has been an offshoot of the "You Are Not Alone" Special.

Media persona and commentary
    Further information: Glenn Beck (TV program) and Glenn Beck (Radio program)
    Beck's on-air persona has been described as a "mix of moral lessons, outrage and an apocalyptic view of the future ... capturing the feelings of an alienated class of Americans."[20] Beck has referred to himself as an entertainer,[20] a rodeo clown,[20] and identified with Howard Beale "When he came out of the rain and he was like, none of this makes any sense. I am that guy."[21]

Time Magazine describes Beck as "[t]he new populist superstar of Fox News" saying it is easier to see a set of attitudes rather than a specific ideology, noting his criticism of Wall Street, yet defending bonuses to AIG and denouncing conspiracies against FEMA but warning against indoctrination of children by the AmeriCorps program. Time concludes that "[w]hat unites Beck's disparate themes is a sense of siege" but notes that Beck describes his program as "the fusion of entertainment and enlightenment." [22]

Beck's candid opinions have helped make his shows successful,[23] but have also resulted in protest and advertiser boycotts. In late July 2009, Beck argued that reparations and social justice were driving President Obama's agenda, discussing issues of diversity and institutional racism.[24]
    That week in response to the Henry Gates controversy, Beck stated that Obama has repeatedly exposed himself as having "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture" and concluded that "This guy is, I believe, a racist."[25] These remarks drew criticism from MSNBC commentators, the NAACP, and others.[25][26] Advertisers including LexisNexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance and GEICO have requested their ads be removed from his programming.[27][28]

Political views
    Glenn Beck has alternately described himself as a conservative or a libertarian.[29] He repeatedly refutes claims that he is a member of the Republican Party.[citation needed]

Gun Rights
    Beck supports individual gun ownership rights, and is against gun control legislation.[30] On June 2, 2008, Beck interviewed Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana on his syndicated radio talk show about the Second Amendment, gun control, and the state of Montana. The interview was mostly focused on Montana's status as a state if the United States Supreme Court ever ruled that gun ownership was a collective right and not an individual right, thus violating Montana's compact with the United States government for its entry as a state. The interview also covered several other subjects including global warming, high fuel prices, alternative energy, and Schweitzer's ideas on how best to deal with the aforementioned issues.[31][32]

On May 7, 2009 Beck spoke on his Fox News show about the Montana Firearms Freedom Act which was signed by Governor Brian Schweitzer on April 15, 2009 and will become effective October 1, 2009. The law exempts firearms made and kept in Montana from Federal firearms regulations.[citation needed]

Other Issues
    Beck also is pro-life, including being opposed to euthanasia, in which he said that he could not "imagine telling God that he lived in a society that decided who should live or not."[citation needed] His position on embryonic stem cell research is that he hopes that it can be done without the destruction of another life, and admits his daughter's cerebral palsy affects his viewpoint. In a more recent statement, Beck clearly stated his opposition to federally funded stem cell research.[citation needed]

Beck favors hard currency and opposes the Federal Reserve.[citation needed]

The 9/12 Project
    The 9/12 Project is a campaign that was announced by Beck on March 13, 2009. It is named for nine principles and twelve values, extolled by Beck, that he says embody the spirit of the American people on the day after the September 11 attacks.[33][34]
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast