Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WA: Grandma puts TV moves on Camas KFC bandit

[In case you needed a little 'lighter' news to help get you through the end of the week... ]

Grandma puts TV moves on Camas KFC bandit
    Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com
    Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
    Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article
    View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site
    YouNewsTV YouNewsTV™

Story Published: Mar 21, 2008 at 8:36 AM PDT

Story Updated: Mar 21, 2008 at 9:05 AM PDT
    By KOMO Staff
    Video
    CAMAS, Wash. -- At the age of 66, Mary Chamberlain took down a suspected robber on the run and she says it's not as easy as it looks on TV.

Chamberlain is a grandmother of 12, and great-grandmother of one. But her age didn't stop her from jumping into action.

Chamberlain was passing by a KFC restaurant Wednesday when she saw a young man on the run and the store manager yelling after him.

"So I sped up and went down and got in front of him," she said.

But the young man kept running, so she followed him as he jumped fences. She eventually stopped her car, got out and confronted him.

"I said 'what are you doing and where do you think you're going?' And he said 'I didn't do anything, I didn't do anything,"' she said.

Then Chamberlain did something very unexpected.

"I just grabbed and pulled him off the fence," she said. "I just said 'no, you're not going any place' and I put my arm around his neck and found out it's much harder than they make it (seem) on TV."

She says she didn't even know whether he was armed at the time.

"I don't always have my light bulbs on, so I think I didn't think of it. I just did it," she said.

But, as they say, all's well that ends well. Chamberlain held 22-year-old Joshua Crowley until police arrived and arrested him.

Chamberlain's daughter is so proud of her that she plans to make her a red superhero cape.

Camas police praised Chamberlain for her bravery, but they also say it's best to avoid any confrontation with armed robbers.

http://www.katu.com/news/16895626.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Alriiiiiiight, Gramma! You da woman!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

"I don't always have my light bulbs on, so I think I didn't think of it. I just did it," she said.
    How priceless is that? Way to go!!!!!

God lover her.

She was just not "going to take it any more".

Dixie