Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Those Berkey systems are pricey. How do they compare with a Brita? I can't find any reviews on the two....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've also been deeply concerned about this, as events continue to unfold. Self sufficiency is the key here. I read something online yesterday where The Church of Latter Day Saints have been teaching their congregations about this for years. Church communities could play a big part in this as far as educating people and forming some sort of network for emergency preparedness. Look at their success after Katrina. They did a better job than FEMA!

I'm looking into starting a vegetable garden, and that Berkley System sounds good. I've been considering a dehydrator as well because much of the emergency food rations sold online are really quite expensive. I want to try and copy how they prepare their food items. Dehydration is one way. I've also heard they freeze dry things as well. Does anyone know how that is done? What about canning?

Although I live in the suburbs and we have farms further out East, I am sadly quite clueless about this sort of thing. Maybe some folks who have experience with growing, preserving and storing food might like to share their knowledge and advice with the rest of us?

Bump.

Was looking and looking for this to print out and send to my Dad. It certainly deserves a re-visit as some of these predictions have come true or are close to coming true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

Sure are some scarey times we are in...
    I am a native born American citizen and I am getting more and more the idea that 'American' citizenship is being sold to the highest global bidder. Some government officials act as if illegal aliens have more rights than American citizens do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12