Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Watergate prosecutor compares Trump to King George, a 'flimflam artist'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Watergate prosecutor compares Trump to King George, a 'flimflam artist'

By Luis Sanchez - 06/02/18 09:42 PM EDT

Assistant Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman said Saturday that the idea the president can’t be charged with obstruction of justice was reminiscent of King George's rule over the American colonies.

“First of all, the whole idea that he can’t be charged with obstruction of justice — the last time that ever happened in this country is when we were ruled by King George,” Akerman told MSNBC. “That’s what the whole rule of law is about. The president has to faithfully execute the laws.”

“If it he winds up having the corrupt intent to put the kibosh to an investigation, that’s obstruction of justice … If I advise someone to take the fifth amendment … that’s fine. But if I advise them with the corrupt intent to do it to cover up crimes I committed, that’s obstruction of justice. That applies to the president,” Akerman added.

Akerman’s comments come after The New York Times obtained and published a confidential letter from President Trump’s lawyers to special counsel Robert Mueller that argued Trump couldn’t have obstructed justice because he has constitutional authority over all federal investigations.

The 20-page letter from January lays out that the Trump can’t legally obstruct justice and that he has the power to “terminate the inquiry, or even exercise his power to pardon.”

Akerman criticized the Trump administration for trying to discredit Mueller's probe into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, specifically targeting Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who has been a vocal critic against the investigation.

“They’re just trying to put up a bunch of flimflam,” Akerman said. “Donald Trump is just a flimflam artist trying to sell more snake oil, and this is another way to package the same snake oil he’s been selling to the public through Rudy Giuliani for the last week.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...for-arguing-he
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“If it he winds up having the corrupt intent to put the kibosh to an investigation, that’s obstruction of justice … If I advise someone to take the fifth amendment … that’s fine. But if I advise them with the corrupt intent to do it to cover up crimes I committed, that’s obstruction of justice. That applies to the president,” Akerman added.
    No it doesn't. Who are these stupid people? First of all, the President hasn't committed any "crimes", so far, no one else has either. So far the only phony "crimes" are these statements that you coerce guilty pleas on for "lying to the FBI" during questioning about some investigation of a non-crime, which makes them immaterial since there is no crime to begin with. If the FBI decides to investigate a murder, they don't have a missing person, they don't have a body, but for some reason they are investigating a murder, and they ask someone did you work at your job on Tuesday, April 7th (a year earlier), and since you normally work on Tuesday, you say "yes", because you assume you did, but they check around and find out that you weren't in the office on Tuesday, you worked from home on Tuesday because the company was cleaning the office carpets that Tuesday, and they charge you with lying to the FBI and offer you a plea deal to plead guilty.

You misspoke, you were wrong, is that a lie? Yes, according to the FBI that is a lie that can land you in federal prison. Now, they never found a body, no one ever showed up missing, and the murder investigation was shut down by the President of the United States due to the lack of a murder having been committed. who said ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT!!. But you're off to prison for some reduced period of time due to your plea deal for "lying to the FBI". And the President says, oh no, you're not going to jail for that, YOU'RE PARDONED!!

God Bless the President who has the courage to stand up to the eternally rotten FBI and completely out of control UNJUST US Department of Justice.

And you know what? I think we've got such a President and I hope to God, he cuts the head off of this travesty and sends all these rotten FBI'ers and crooked lawyers in the Justice Department to jail. They need a taste, a long expensive taste of their own medicine.

In my opinion.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-02-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn