Wave Of Fake Discrimination Sweeps The Restaurant Industry

By Brian Anderson on November 26, 2013
Subscribe to Brian Anderson's Feed

The newest scam appears to be restaurant servers faking discrimination and milking the public for sympathy and money. Two recent cases that made national headline both turned out to be completely fabricated. First there was the black waitress in Tennessee that claimed she got the N-word instead of a tip, and then a lesbian server from New Jersey showed off a check with a note questioning her lifestyle choice.
Tori Christina Jenkins, a black waitress at Red Lobster in Franklin, TN, made the news this past September when she alleged a racist note on one of her checks. She produced the bill which showed the words “none ******” written in lieu of a tip. He father posted a picture of the check on Facebook and the public was outraged. Sympathetic supporters donated over $10,000 to help make up for this “racial injustice.”
The problem is, she faked it. David Barnes, the so-called racist customer, denies that he left any such note and went so far as to hire forensic handwriting expert to prove it. The results: the racist note does not come from Barnes, but it matches perfectly with the waitress’ own handwriting. Barnes, who has taken an unbelievable amount of crap since the incident, is now suing Jenkins for defamation of character.
More recently, Dayna Morales, a lesbian ex-Marine server at the Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, NJ, created a buzz by showing the world a check, which called into question her morality. In her case, there was a note that read: “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I don’t agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life.”

Again, the outpouring of sympathy was enormous. Anonymous supporters donated thousands of dollars to this woman because; as she claimed “I was denied a tip because I am gay.” But wait, it gets warmer and fuzzier: Morales said she intended to give all of the donations to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Imagine the shock when the offending patrons in question came forward to produce evidence that this too was a fraud. The couple, who wish to remain nameless, have provided the original copy of the bill which has no such anti-gay note written on it. Also, it proves that they did in fact tip $18. To back this up, they also gave a copy of their Visa bill, which shows the charge, including the tip, from the restaurant.
The couple has not announced any legal action, but the wife said, “I just felt like people have a right to know that — it’s fine of (sic) people want to donate to her or to the Wounded Warriors, but they’re doing it under a false pretense.”
The media is always quick to swoop in on cases like these, but never put much effort into them once they are proven false. They love to highlight the plight of these poor “victims” but hate to admit they got hoodwinked. I think both of these women should be prosecuted for defrauding the public.
Also, where the hell are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and whoever the gay Al Sharpton is? These so-called leaders revel in finding discrimination where it doesn’t exist. If they ever want to be taken seriously, they need to condemn false accusations of racism and hate as much as they do for real examples of it. Maybe that’s the point: there’s no money in the truth, only race baiting.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/wave-o...rant-industry/