Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Los Angeles Teamsters would be upset if America's shipments were not coming through them and the congested city blocked ports but the people of Arizona, Nevada and Utah are Americans too. At one point the shipping of American cargo through the St. Lawrence was opposed by the eastern seaboard warehousers and American railroads. There are few complaints now regarding shipping done by the Great Lakes states through Canada. In the end a third of the cost of Canadian infrastructure on the project came from the United States government. Shipping Southwestern and Mountain cargo like magnesium through Mexican railroad and port will not even have an environmental impact as did the St. Lawrence Seaway. When HydroQuebec which is a major supplier of electricity to New York and New England does an expansion it is financed with pre-sale contracts with American utility companies. If some Mexican infrastructure projects benefits us we should finance them. It is the same situation with Mexico as with Canada no matter how many ignorant high fiving anti Mexican bigots there are who cut into the conversation. Common sense solutions do not need to justify themselves against ignorance no matter the number of ignorant people within earshot on the "train".
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is the same situation with Mexico as with Canada no matter how many ignorant high fiving anti Mexican bigots there are who cut into the conversation.
    So Richard are you calling me an anti Mexican bigot. LOL to you.

Secure the port of entries/exits and check everyone and everything. Everyone and everywhere are well overdue by noted massive invasion of illegal immigrants from entire world. Everyone including those crossing the Mexican Border.

Importing more is not the answer for American Jobs. What are Americans going to be exporting? Or is deporting illegals an export business, now?

NO to the New World Order, and NO to the North American Union.

LA - Ca Ports of entries must be working to upset you so much. Check and check some more, Americans have footed the bills of the third world way to long. Drug Cartels in Mexico sound so inviting, too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sure yea right whatever

Importing more is not the answer for American Jobs. What are Americans going to be exporting? Or is deporting illegals an export business, now?
    Read Adam Smith "On the Wealth of Nations"
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Richard it is called life's knowledge of "World Elitists and the Middle Class Americans Being Put Into Slavery". LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ive always thought that the USA should create pre fab homes, and other things that we could sell to Mexico and give the Mexicans quality products in exchange for resources. And give Americans jobs, But I do know what you mean by the fact that if we could help Mexico get back on their feet the Illegal Alien problem would sort itself out since they would not want to leave a nice country to go to another. But i think that if we got involved with taking care of their problems before ours it would hurt Us and OUR family's. But after we can recover from this Obamanation I'm ready to help out Mexico, I like Mexico and want to travel back there but its too corrupt right now.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

It's an interesting idea, but for clarification, are we talking about private American-based investors to fund these projects or using our tax dollars to fund them?

I would reject the use of tax dollars for any infrastructure reconstruction, be it in Iraq or in Mexico. Our national debt is already untenable. But if private investors want to put that in Mexico, I have no complaints about that. It's their money, and trillions could be made if Mexico was to somehow transform itself into an economic powerhouse. Unlikely, but who knows.

Below are the top ten Mexican exports to America:

1. Crude oil …US$30.3 billion (15.3% of Mexico to U.S. exports, up 31.8% from 2005)
    2. Car parts & accessories … $21.8 billion (11%, up 5.7%)
    3. Video equipment (e.g. DVD players) … $14.6 billion (7.4%, up 38.3%)
    4. Passenger cars … $14.2 billion (7.2%, up 31.2%)
    5. Other complete & assembled vehicles … $9.6 billion (4.8%, up 20.2%)
    6. Electrical apparatus & parts … $8.5 billion (4.3%, up 15.1%)
    7. Telecommunications equipment … $7.0 billion (3.5%, up 41.2%)
    8. Engines & parts … $5.0 billion (2.5%, up 5.6%)
    9. Computers … $4.3 billion (2.2%, up 3.7%)
    10. Miscellaneous household goods (e.g. clocks) … $4.2 billion (2.1%, down 6%)

Many of these imports have reached their saturation point in the U.S. market. The country doesn't need any more DVD players or cell phones, for example. With the coming downgrade in our standard of living, I don't know that Americans will be buying new cars like they have historically either. We may not get a lot of bang for our buck in Mexican infrastructure projects because those roads aren't transporting goods anyone can a) afford, or b) needs.

Additionally, the thing I think of when I think of foreign aid is Africa. America, the U.N., and a huge number of organizations have dumped billions into Africa over the decades, but it remains in terrible condition. This is due primarily to the corruption of the people handling the money and the resources so generously donated. Since the money is flowing in from the top down, those in power get first dibs. Often they're corrupt. This sort of situation triggered the Black Hawk Down event in Somalia, if you recall.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Mexico imports a lot of American automobiles in other marques and models. The after market for a lot of the same products on the list includes their export to Mexico for sale as second hand goods. Mexico also imports refined petroleum products as well as exporting crude due to insufficient refinery capacity. .

Taxpayers should not finance any kind of corporation to go to Mexico. The corporate tax advantages to go to other countries should be omitted entirely.

How much infrastructure would have to be built in order to curtail illegal immigration? If Mexico could be built up to look like America would that be sufficient?

As long as America is more prosperous than the nations to the south, then we will remain a magnet for illegal immigration, that ofcourse is assuming that the majority of illegal immigration is motivated strictly due to economic reasons alone, and does not include other motivating factors such as political freedom, personal safety, educational opportunities, and so on. If America was to become more like the nations to the south of us only then would one not be so quick to make the trip north.

How much infrastruture would you like to finance in order to draw back perhaps 20 million illegals, and to curtail future illegal immigration?

Private capital will flow where there is an oppotunity for profit vs. risk. Therefore infrastruture projects alone must not be the problem.

Another alternative could be to make America look like the nations of the south politically thereby evening the board for capital competition. Only a bleeding heart pansy would wish to travel this road.

Just my $.02 worth, not yet adjusted for inflation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345