Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Westchester Adds Housing to Desegregation Pact

Disgraceful... Talk about reverse discrimination...

Published: August 10, 2009
    Westchester County entered into a landmark desegregation agreement on Monday that would compel it to create hundreds of houses and apartments for moderate-income people in overwhelmingly white communities and aggressively market them to nonwhites in Westchester and New York City.

The agreement, if ratified by the county’s Board of Legislators, would settle a lawsuit filed by an antidiscrimination group and could become a template for increased scrutiny of local governments’ housing policies by the Obama administration.

[b]“This is consistent with the president’s desire to see a fully integrated society,â€

I hope the residents there have better luck than we do. Ever since the real estate market went down hill many people who owned investment units in my condo complex and have not gone into foreclosure have rented them. The units are mostly rented to section 8 people and those people are most often black or hispanic. We now have more vandalism, multiple gangs that are either hispanic or black, gang fights, drug use and dealing. Yesterday I saw a gang tag in the elevator in my building which is a first. The tag is Zoe Boys a violent Haitian gang who was shown on the History Channel's show Gangland. We still have alot of older people in my building and they are starting to ask questions about it all. I worry about some of their safety.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry about that swat.... how stressful. And to think, you and me are picking up their tab ( .

Bad idea to put apartment buildings next to affluent neighborhood.

It will destroy the neighborhood and the nearby country club. I've seen it happen. Just look at the crime stats in apartment complexes and that's all that needs to be said.

The only time I've ever had an auto damaged/vandalized... was while it was parked during the day at my friend's apartment complex. Someone stole all of my hubcaps. Thank God they left the tires.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I could understanding desegregating schools, where kids spend some hours during the day (probably studying Spanish ). That is not a disruption of lives, but desegregation of communities is a disruption beyond sanity. The home you have cherished is suddenly worth a lot less because of the Section 8 apartments a block away.
    swatchick, I have no idea if you have any alarms in your condo, but about three years ago I went to Home Depot and bought those little alarms (one side sticks to the door, the other to the jamb and it goes off when the door is opened about 1/8 inch) and they cost about $7 each. My elderly mom in her apartment started missing things, and when she called management, they acted like she was senile. (I had brought her a bag of oranges and it disappeared from the kitchen counter. Management came in and started going through her bedroom drawers and closets and even looked under the bed!)

I was under the impression that it's illegal to discriminate based on race, but this is what they're pushing? Unbelievable!

How you take care of your home has nothing to do with race, it's has to do with family values, how you were raised, pride, and money! The reason so many Sec 8 homes are destroyed is because the renters don't own the property and don't care about maintenaning their homes. After all, it's not their money that's paying the rent, it's OURS!!

I live in a segregated neighborhood, the only homes that are falling apart are the ones rented to Sec. 8 tenants (white,black, hispanic, asian, etc.)! The owner occupied homes are well maintained, regardless of the race of the owners!

Anyway, maybe more Americans (living in wealthy suburbs) will wake up and smell the coffee once these people move in and that's a good thing!

Wonder how many are going to be moving to Chattaqua? Home of our first "black" president - Bill Clinton?
    "

It has been brought to our attention the above article has been updated.

~~~

August 11, 2009
    By SAM ROBERTS
    Westchester County entered into a landmark desegregation agreement on Monday that would compel it to create hundreds of houses and apartments for moderate-income people in overwhelmingly white communities and aggressively market them to nonwhites in Westchester and New York City.

The agreement, if ratified by the county’s Board of Legislators, would settle a lawsuit filed by an antidiscrimination group and could become a template for increased scrutiny of local governments’ housing policies by the Obama administration.

“This is consistent with the president’s desire to see a fully integrated society,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Vortex I have weapons near my doors. Twice they tried to break in when I was home. The office does not have my key as I don't trust our maintenance people which are mostly illegal aliens. They tried stealing a compressor off an a/c unit on the roof during work hours.