Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

What happens when greed runs rampant?

What happens when greed runs rampant?

By John W. Schoen
    Senior Producer
    MSNBC
    updated 8:56 a.m. ET, Mon., Dec. 24, 2007

With Christmas upon us, many readers turn to thoughts of generosity, kindness and good will. Shane in Alaska is wondering: what happens if a society is guided by greed?

Why is the destiny of a society guided by corporate greed?
    — Shane L. Wasilla, Alaska

We’re not in the “greed is goodâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While I firmly believe in capitalism it cannot exist long term without morals or standards and I fear that is the direction we are taking. Profit is a good thing but profit at any cost no matter the results to country, family and community is simply wrong and we will all pay as a result.

Currently corporations own and operate our government and have a free hand to outsource, ship manufacturing jobs to the third world and import poor under educated people from around the world for slave abor, short term lots of money for some, long term disaster for all.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    On the other hand, the huge demand for loans that were unsustainable was also made possible by some home buyers who bought more house than they could afford.
    This kind of thing is what I understand the least. I want a home of my own, quite badly, but only want what we can afford and take care of, nothing elaborate.

I saw a show where people are trying to get an idea of what their home is worth, and some people have just gone extreme on their "wants" ,versus their needs. These terribly over the top kitchens and baths, and so much floor space for only two people (one D.I.N.K. couple had a 5600 square foot home!!).

It is all about show. People want to show they can afford to live beyond your means, and they certainly want others to know it.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)