Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Why did they have to check a box for that? I wonder if you were hispanic if that meant you got more money or something, I don't know but that's kind of weird.
    Unless you're hispanic, you're "white non-hispanic". Wonder if they'd be screaming if it was "white, non- German" or something. It's like saying you aren't anything if you aren't hispanic. They seriously need to put a lid on this nonsense.
    I also once filled out an application for a huge job fair in the Detroit area that I had never heard of before. It stated that industries all across the board were doing massive amounts of hiring. This was not typical for Michigan but I was thrilled that an event this large was happening and perhaps meant that a turnaround in the Michigan "disaster" was possible. By the time I got to the end of the application process It stated that job applicants had to be "minorities" so I was disqualifed.

Next time this happens I am going to fill it out and go anyway. I will also take a small audio recorder with me to record how they go about kicking a "White Male" out of a job fair on acount of his race, which in the good country that we used to live in was against the law. I am sure that right lawyer would like to hear what goes.

This stuff is making me boil.

But are country doesn't have laws anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini282
    Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    This article is dated 2004.
    Understood. But I am receiving unemployment compensation right now because the Michigan economy is over 8.5 percent. When filling out the application form, the state worker who finished the form on a computer had to check a box for Yes or No if I was "Hispanic" or not...
    Why did they have to check a box for that? I wonder if you were hispanic if that meant you got more money or something, I don't know but that's kind of weird.
    I wish I knew, but I wonder if some sort of welfare follows the Hispanic [yes] box...

Once in Detroit I was told by an office that it would take over 8 hours just to have someone "look" at a food stamp application I filled out. I was there just long enough to see a Muslim female walk into the office and she got seen right away. I left because it was such an obvious racket. Found out that Muslims got welfare through some state agencies not meant for White Americans. I would imagine that "Hispanics" get the same deal.

Its all a racket...

Re: Why does unemployment have to be in Spanish?

[quote="millere"]http://www.dcejc.org/?template=news_dol_october_nineteen.html

Media Release October 19, 2004

Employment Services in D.C. Not Bilingual Enough
    Unemployment, Job Training Not Accessible to Immigrants

(October 19 – Washington, D.C.) The D.C. Department of Employment Services did not comply with federal law requiring bilingual access to government-funded programs, according to an 18-month investigation by the U.S. Department of Labor. In a report issued publicly this week, the DOL said the Department of Employment Services failed to translate key documents and did not do any required monitoring of bilingual services. The Department of Employment Services has a deadline of March 30, 2005 to comply with federal law or risk the loss of federal funding.
    The 18-month investigation was conducted following a formal complaint filed by the D.C. Employment Justice Center in June 2003. “The DOL has confirmed what we have always known from the workers who walk through our doors,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Perhaps we should not longer allow anyone into this country unless they can have a working comprehension of the English language. Apparently, the current requirement of having a basic comprehension is not sufficient.

Unless, the people this program refered to speak no English at all, which would lead me to believe they are here illegally. If so, they are entitled to NO consideration from the Department of Labor.

I'm sick and tired of the demands made upon this country by those who choose to come to this country! News flash to the world: WE SPEAK ENGLISH IN AMERICA! If that bothers you or you cannot adapt, then DON'T COME HERE! Your presence here is not doing us any favors!
    I AGREE. IF THEY CANT SPEAK ENGLISH DONT LET THEM IN. OR CHARGE THEM AN ADVANCE FEE FOR TRANSLATIONS. EITHER THAT OR GET RID OF REQUIREMENTS THAT IMMIGRANTS ARE ENTITLED TO TRANSLATION SERVICES...UNLESS THEY HIRE THE TRANSLATOR THEMSELVES. THEN MAYBE THEY WILL LEARN SOME ENGLISH.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Action needed, please help!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-130972.html

Millere wrote:

By the time I got to the end of the application process It stated that job applicants had to be "minorities" so I was disqualifed.

Next time this happens I am going to fill it out and go anyway. I will also take a small audio recorder with me to record how they go about kicking a "White Male" out of a job fair on acount of his race, which in the good country that we used to live in was against the law. I am sure that right lawyer would like to hear what goes.
    Do it!! And then call the Equal Employment Oppotunity Commission, as this is a violation of the laws of discrimination, where employment hiring must not discrimate against race, nation, creed, religion, etc. Next time also grab an extra application for your buddy who could not make it and save it for evidence.

This thread got me to thinking about my state. English was declared the official language of Idaho in 2006 or 2007. So I emailed the county clerk's office to ask if election ballots in our county were printed in Spanish (stating a waste of money, etc). They emailed me back with NO, NO SPANISH BALLOTS.

THANK GOD!!!

I thought that if a state has declared English as their official language, then all state business has to be done in English. Isn't unemployment a state responsibility? Isn't English the official language in CA? I thought it was. If if is, then this probably can be challenged. With CA in debt the way it is, this is one way to cut costs.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

THIS WAS MY EMAIL:

Subject: Spanish-language ballots?

I would like to know if ___County spends taxpayer money on translating ballots into Spanish. The Idaho Legislature voted and passed a state law making English the official language of Idaho. To me, this means all state businesses are to be conducted in English only, saving taxpayers money on translations.

My question is: Are this coming November 2008 election ballots going to be printed in English only?

I believe that if non-English speakers want ballots in another language, they should pay for it. I do not believe the taxpayer should pay for this. If you conducted an actual survey, you will find that ony a very small percentage will want non-English ballots; so it does not make sense to waste millions of taxpayer dollars to print Spanish translations for a small minority that will all go to waste. It would be more fiscally prudent to make this small percentage pay for it, if that is what they wish. To illustrate: It will cost a Spanish-speaking taxpayer maybe $1 to pay for a Spanish ballot, while it would cost the county thousands of dollars to print Spanish ballots which will only be used by a few -- the rest wasted.

Immigrants are required to learn English as a prerequisite to migrating here. It is in our Federal Immigrations Code. If this is true, there should be NO NEED FOR NUMEROUS TRANSLATIONS, costing taxpayers money. We may actually be surprised to learn how many citizens "learn English overnite" when faced with the prospect of paying for a translated ballot.

Please respond to this email. Thank you.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12