Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why I love my fellow citizens

It's an old article but it represents my feeling why I love my fellow Americans, but dislike the Republicans, but also think that clinton sold out the country, they're all about money. And it makes me disgust Mexico too. Message of the story ? Stop globalization !!!

You remember:

Millions of Americans boycotted tuna to save the dolphins. And we won. Last year the U.S. tuna fleet didn't kill a single dolphin and dolphin deaths have dropped by 96% in the Eastern Pacific.

This is why I love my fellow Americans, I wish millions could also boycott companies that support illegals.
    We know that we're the greatest beef / meat eaters, but we also show respect for nature.

But now one of the great environmental victories of the last decade is being threatened by extremists in Congress and free trade bureaucrats ready to allow the dolphin slaughter to begin again.

Why do we need free trade, so that mexico can dump their cheap products on us, while our fisherman do what's right - preventing to kill dolphins.
    I would be willing to pay more for my tuna that didn't kill a dolphin when it ( tuna ) was caught.

Giving Mexico a License to Kill

Mexico and Venezuela want back into america's canned tuna market, now closed to them because they continue to needlessly capture and slaughter thousands of dolphins each year in their tuna nets. With an anti-environmental Republican majority in Congress - and the Clinton Administration's "free trade" politics - high priced foreign lobbyists have seen an opening to declare war on the U.S. Marine Mammal Protection Act. Bottom line? They want their dolphin-deadly tuna sold in America. Incredibly, they even want it to carry a "dolphin- safe" label!

Trashing U.S. Law and Cheating Consumers

Current law insures that all tuna sold in the U.S. is dolphin-safe:no dolphins can be killed or injured during fishing. This dolphin-safe standards also bans chasing and capturing dolphins in tuna nets because of the harm to dolphin communities. The U.S. tuna industry has remained profitable while our nation became 100% dolphin - safe. There's simply no "free trade" reason for America to sell out its own governmental laws and fling its borders open to the dolphins killers.

that's why nafta was a bad idea. Why do we need free trade ? Why would we want to buy products from Mexico if it continues to kill dolphins ?

In fact, President Clinton and Newt Gingrich promised that passing NAFTA would not result in weakening U.S. environmental protections

Clinton signed nafta ???? Wasn't it bush sr that this this ??!!!
    I'll send my sis a mail, she knows more about economics and free trade. Clinton didn't care about the living creatures of nature by signing nafta ??
    No nafta was signed by Bush sr, I'm sure about it, but I'll ask sis anyway.

Bringing Back the Dolphin Massacre

The Republican sponsored "Dolphin Death Bill" will open the US. to an avalanche of dolphin-deadly tuna from south of the border.

Great, the Republicans supported to give away our tuna market who could survive without killing a single dolphin, but no, the Republicans wanted to have even cheaper tuna en Clinton wanted free trade for what ?? Why quantity over quality ?

It will also let U.S. vessels go back to killing dolphins and change the definition of dolphin-safe to allow capturing and killing dolphins in tuna nets. House bill HR 2823 and its companion bill in the Senate S 1420 will wipe out decades of progress on dolphin protection by establishing annual quotas for "acceptable" dolphin mortality. That means thousands of dolphins will be needlessly maimed and slaughtered simply to restore profitability to a barbaric foreign industry.

Why should we buy foreign products from a country that has no respect for animal life ? Why should we buy products from China that has no respect for human life ? Why should we open our market that will force many good and peaceful American tuna fisherman out of business ? why do we need nafta ?? We don't need nafta.

America has already voted on this issue. During the tuna boycott we made it clear that the only acceptable quota for dolphin kills is zero.

That's why I love my fellow Americans and I'm sorry that our government has never cared about us.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Banned
    NAFTA was signed by Bill Clinton. If you will recall, one of the key issues of the 1992 campaign was Ross Perot's opposition to the passage of NAFTA. That's why Perot took 19% of the vote, but that allowed Clinton to win with only 43% and he went on to sign NAFTA.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    NAFTA was signed by Bill Clinton. If you will recall, one of the key issues of the 1992 campaign was Ross Perot's opposition to the passage of NAFTA. That's why Perot took 19% of the vote, but that allowed Clinton to win with only 43% and he went on to sign NAFTA.
    The article said:

In fact, President Clinton and Newt Gingrich promised that passing NAFTA would not result in weakening U.S. environmental protections.

and it must have been Clinton, what an idiot. But 1992 was also the year that he just started and I thought that Bush already signed it before Clinton took office. Like the Kyoto treaty, Clinton signed before he stepped down, I had the hope that Bush sr signed nafta just before he stepped down. If it's Clinton that signed nafta, then he's a real idiot. How can you sign a treaty that will force americans out of work for a country that can dump their products on our soil and sell it for a low price ? Mark my words: nafta will be bad for all 3 countries. american companies move to mexico and let the mexicans work for slave wages. mexico dumps its cheap products on the american market and americans will lose jobs, etc. We have nafta, what is next ? a world union ??

You refer to perot too.
    So, it was that nafta was already a discussion before the election ? Ross perot ran against bush sr and Clinton. nafta was already an issue during the election, and if perot took votes from bush, then it would be clear that bush would also have signed nafta. I can't recall all that, but if Perot took 19% of the vote, it's a clear signal that a 3rd party can have a strong voice
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

bush 1 presented NAFTA
    kLINTON signed NAFTA
    KLINTON presented CAFTA
    bush 2 signed CAFTA
    bush 2 presented the SPP/NAU agreements
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Yes Cassie, Clinton did sign NAFTA. I was in Mexico during the time of the discussion leading up to NAFTA and the Mexicans concerned about poverty there were very much against NAFTA. Clinton signed it anyway.

What gets me is that we see how bad NAFTA has been for the average Mexican and for American workers and jobs. Yet Bush has plowed ahead with more of these horrific freaking "free" trade deals to benefit corporate owners and management. Sickening.

I agree with the dolphin issue! But it's not only wildlife. It's also other environmental quality issues - other countries are able to escape the controls that we (rightfully) have here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Yes Cassie, Clinton did sign NAFTA. I was in Mexico during the time of the discussion leading up to NAFTA and the Mexicans concerned about poverty there were very much against NAFTA. Clinton signed it anyway.
    I also have the feeling that Mexicans oppose nafta, the mexican americans I know tell me that their relatives oppose nafta because the mexican worker has even become poorer and this is a reason that illegals flee their country. that is what they told, but I can't verify the incease in illegals has anything to do with nafta. I can only believe what I see or know what is true. Clinton was foolish to sign nafta.

What gets me is that we see how bad NAFTA has been for the average Mexican and for American workers and jobs. Yet Bush has plowed ahead with more of these horrific freaking "free" trade deals to benefit corporate owners and management. Sickening.
    That's what I think too, that nafta is only good for greedy business but not for the Mexican, American and Canadian worker. I don't know if the increase in border crossers have anything to do with nafta, but it could be as my friends claimed, yet I can't verify it.

Free trade will only cause that cheap low quality products are dumped on the American market, not only from Mexico, but from several other countries. I try to buy american products only, it's just not always possible. I like Californian wine, but so now and then I drink a French wine. I like the French cheese too, but mostly I'll buy American products.
    I try to avoid Chinese & Japanese products.

I agree with the dolphin issue! But it's not only wildlife. It's also other environmental quality issues - other countries are able to escape the controls that we (rightfully) have here.
    Why is the dolphin issue not qualified as wildlife ? I'm glad that we have laws that protect the environment to, something other countries will disregard. I would never allow our national parks to get in the hands of greedy business to build their factories on these sites. Never will I allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    bush 1 presented NAFTA
    kLINTON signed NAFTA
    KLINTON presented CAFTA
    bush 2 signed CAFTA
    bush 2 presented the SPP/NAU agreements
    What is NAU ???
    when I google for it I'll get Northern Arizona University.
    What has this to do with Bush ?
    Do illegals get free education at the Northern Arizona University ??

Banned
    NAU is the North American Union, the agenda behind Bush's pushing for open borders. NAU will be a merger of the US with Mexico and Canada, erasing our borders with these countries and allowing a free flow of people between countries.

Talk about hell on earth!

I voted for Perot. NAFTA benefits only corporations plain and simple. We need a third party to take the wheel for our country. WE THE PEOPLE HAVE TO RULE THE COUNTRY AGAIN!

Ross Perot 1992 Quote you all remember:

That enormous sucking sound you hear," third-party candidate Ross Perot told American voters during the 1992 presidential campaign, "is American jobs disappearing south to Mexico."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    NAU is the North American Union, the agenda behind Bush's pushing for open borders. NAU will be a merger of the US with Mexico and Canada, erasing our borders with these countries and allowing a free flow of people between countries.

Talk about hell on earth!
    So, the north american union is a step further than nafta ?
    but it consists out of the same countries ??
    Is it like the european union that there's free trade and fre movement of people ??? But.. but.., this would mean that 110 million Mexicans can move to the US legally ? We can never cope with such an influx ! Our nation will fall apart, we can never provide care of 110 million new arrivals ? I hope I'm wrong and that nau is nothing more tha nfree trade, which is wrong too, but always better than complete open borders.
    We'll have indeed hell on earth. Then California, and the rest of the SW is taken over my mexico. What about mykids, their school, it will go down because spanish speaking kids will become majority. And the hospitals ? the roads ? Californian national parks ? violence ??

Note :

I have nothing against mexicans, but we can't have them all move to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I voted for Perot. NAFTA benefits only corporations plain and simple. We need a third party to take the wheel for our country. WE THE PEOPLE HAVE TO RULE THE COUNTRY AGAIN!
    I totally forgot about Perot. He took 19% of the votes, like Crockets ( CG ) told. I just checked it on google, because I didn't know if CG was right. A 3rd party that is going to take 19% of the votes according to some polls will probably make the Dems and GOP be more aware of our illegal immigration crisis.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast