Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You guys are making great points.....This issue was NOWHERE in 2000, and next to nowhere in 2004. I mean, how many of you guys thought GWB and McCain were traitorous open borders advocates back in 2000?

Much has changed in this nation, and we have only seen the beginning. Our movement's best days are ahead of us. It will be on the table in a big way in the future. A few more May Day illegal immigrant protests would not hurt either.....
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    You guys are making great points.....This issue was NOWHERE in 2000, and next to nowhere in 2004. I mean, how many of you guys thought GWB and McCain were traitorous open borders advocates back in 2000?....
    I did. I registered Republican (after being a life-long Dem) in 1992, specifically so I could vote for Pat Buchanan against George Bush Senior in the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    You guys are making great points.....This issue was NOWHERE in 2000, and next to nowhere in 2004. I mean, how many of you guys thought GWB and McCain were traitorous open borders advocates back in 2000?....
    I did. I registered Republican (after being a life-long Dem) in 1992, specifically so I could vote for Pat Buchanan against George Bush Senior in the primary.
    I salute you!!

I also remember McCain and Bush making amnesty pledges back in 2000. Few noticed because immigration was not a huge national issue back then. Plus I think it was before the entire nation (outside of the Southwest) started feeling the brunt of illegal immigration. But it was one of the many things that solidified my disassociation with the Republican Party in 2000.

BTW, did you vote for Pat in 2000?

See you at the signing!!

I certainly did. And I got a great kick out of seeing Pat Buchanan hijack Ross Perot's party. Pat, by the way, was reporting live from the Democratic convention yesterday. Heard him on the radio on this liberal San Francisco station. And he was so witty and funny and clever and insightful, that he even charmed all the Demos he was talking to.

Just a side note, the following poll was in my local paper. It looks like the Democrat have a hit with their convention.

Poll Results

Who gave the better speech Wednesday at the Democratic National Convention?
    Bill Clinton 23.88%

Joe Biden 8.58%

Didn't Watch 67.54%

268 votes counted.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Just a side note, the following poll was in my local paper. It looks like the Democrat have a hit with their convention.

Poll Results

Bill Clinton 23.88%

Joe Biden 8.58%

Didn't Watch 67.54%

268 votes counted.
    HAHAHHAHA, cayla. THAT IS TOOOOOOO FUNNEEEEEEEE!!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    I certainly did. And I got a great kick out of seeing Pat Buchanan hijack Ross Perot's party. Pat, by the way, was reporting live from the Democratic convention yesterday. Heard him on the radio on this liberal San Francisco station. And he was so witty and funny and clever and insightful, that he even charmed all the Demos he was talking to.
    Yeah, I watch the coverage just to listen to Pat

I also agree that Pat has some cross-party appeal. I think it is because of his independent philosophy and mindset, not tightly tied to either party. His views on trade, the war in Iraq etc. are also divergent from the Rep party line. He is exactly what we need for this nation. Someone who can bring middle-America together under the same fold.

I actually do not think that he hijacked the Reform Party. Outside of abortion, I don't think they disagreed on much. I thought it was more a media myth, used to destroy his candidacy, making it look as if that they were at odds. On the important issue -- immigration, trade, foreign policy, campaign funding -- they agreed. My only problem is that once Pat lost in 2000, he promptly returned to the Republican Party. He should have stayed in the Reform Party and tried to strengthen it, if he did not plan on running again. Leaving it the way he did made it seem that he never really want to be a part of it, and just used it as a vehicle to get in the general election.

BTW, do you think your vote for Pat in 2000 was a wasted vote?

See you at the signing!!

BTW, do you think your vote for Pat in 2000 was a wasted vote?
    No I don't. I voted for Buchanan proudly. I can see merit in all the options: a.) voting Third Party, b.) voting lesser of two evils, or c.) not voting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC

Poll Results

Bill Clinton 23.88%

Joe Biden 8.58%

Didn't Watch 67.54%

268 votes counted.
    I'm one of the many more than 268. Why would I want to watch spin and lies when I can look at Nick Stokes on CSI Las Vegas marathon. OOOOOOOOO doggies. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC

Poll Results

Bill Clinton 23.88%

Joe Biden 8.58%

Didn't Watch 67.54%

268 votes counted.
    Count me in as someone who didn't watch. One reason is I can't stand the Clintons. Hitlerly and her school marm voice and clothes..pointing her acuusatory finger my way. I feel like Im being scolded everytime the beyotch opens her bung hole of a mouth. I can't stand her or her scumbag hubby! Those two will NEVER go away!

I could also go off about all her "minions" who blindly follow her...They all look like homosexuals to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)