Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

Have to be honest W, had not heard of it....I suppose it might have to do with age differences (I am 40). Battle of the Planets sounds familiar, but cannot recall watching it.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    I liked Isis and Shazam. And of course Wonder Woman. She was hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich

Ostrich

Some Lynda trivia for you Ostrich.

She was born and raised right here in the East Valley and my brother in law went to high school with her. He said he thought she was "cute" back then I guess the "hot" part didn't kick in until later
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

does anybody remember "west wind" on Saturday mornings? Or Shazan? (the cartoon with the flying camel). I really miss "schoolhouse rock" I remember taking a college exam and listening to people humming the tunes from those "commercials" lol. It is still the way I remember the pre-amble to the constitution. I start to recite it and the music in my head clicks in.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The only show I ever watched as a kid was I LOVE LUCY...the original. I couldn't sit still long enough to watch anything else.

Some people watch way too much tv....
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I never was a big cartoon watcher. As a kid, this show was my SciFi viewing: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMtdvBHq2_A&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Am I the only ALIPAC Discussion Boards user that was a big G-Force / Battle of the Planets and Star Blazers fan?

W
    No way! Battle of the Planets was cool! I always used to watch it and my friends and I use to play we were the characters (we actually went outside and played then because we didn't have video games). I never saw Star Blazers though. I lived in rural Wisconsin and it must not have been on in our market.

I've always been a big sci-fi fan too and I watched most of the same shows you mentioned. I only saw a few episodes of Space:1999 though. My mom or dad probably wanted to watch something on the other channel at the time (We had only one TV and - gasp! we had to walk over to the TV and actually reach out and grab a knob to turn the channel). No way it could be better than Star Trek! Kirk rocked!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I watched Star Track

Lost in Space

Space Odyisy 2001 [ my favorite,second to Shawshank Redemption ]

Alfred Hitchcock

W , I was too busy with kids and grandkids to watch most of these .

' Fantastic Voyage' if i recall correctly was about a voyage through the human body and I thought that was a good movie.

'25,000 Leaques Under The Sea ' ? ' was a good one .

Clash of the Titans .

This one was about the gods playing with humans ,like pawns and it had technicolor,which to me was better than this new 'color' they have .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12