Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was just coming of age back then, I suppose.

I remember when The Beatles just came out and there was a lot of controversy. You basically had two camps; Those that liked them and those that didn't.

The devision seemed to spread like wildfire. Till then we seemed to function as one and believe that what the television told us we believed, we believed!

The division opened up a whole new world. People expressed differences in the war, hair, and many other things. It was a trip to get together and discuss many new topics and especially the old topics.

We found many out many held our secret thoughts as well and we found a whole new world of friends. Even when we didn't agree we still shared. And we shared the times. And good times they were in large part.

I think we are entering another era when we realize that, what the television is telling us, isn't what's most of our hearts.

I hope the comedians rise up like they did in the sixties and help bring us all back together.

Peace brothers and sisters...

oh the sisters.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    We have a 16 year old son. My husband's feelings are so strong that he keeps pounding it into his head, that unless this nation was directly at risk (like with Pearl Harbor), and we were not at war, not to join the military.

Then again, he is our only son, and the only one to carry my husbands family name, my brother (retired Navy) said if requested, he was exempt from all but stateside service.

I am also glad that people have learned from the past (except people like the anarchists), and treat our returning troops with more respect and concern, I think that can be a huge step in helping them geth through the rough memories.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    We have a 16 year old son. My husband's feelings are so strong that he keeps pounding it into his head, that unless this nation was directly at risk (like with Pearl Harbor), and we were not at war, not to join the military.

Then again, he is our only son, and the only one to carry my husbands family name, my brother (retired Navy) said if requested, he was exempt from all but stateside service.

I am also glad that people have learned from the past (except people like the anarchists), and treat our returning troops with more respect and concern, I think that can be a huge step in helping them geth through the rough memories.
    Saving Private Ryan...

Stoke: One thing that really was wonderful...hippy chicks...

MW
    If you value freedom, liberty, and peace, you must be prepared to defend yourself and your allies (friends) through war. Additionally, being prepared to do so is the best possible deterrent to war. I don't think anyone here would disagree that in some circumstances war is necessary and just.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can agree, a war with a righteous cause is necessary. Defense of our nation, defense of the defenseless, and to attempt to aid those who ask our help in gaining freedom from tyranny.

My husband works with many Vietnamese immigrants. All of the older ones have come up to him, on veterans day no less, and thanked him for being there and trying to help. This happened his second year working there, I remember, it brought him to tears (good ones).

Even though so much of the Vietnam war was thought to be bad, and our involvement was questioned, many people wanted our help and were grateful that we did try. My belief is our governments inability to handle it right and then pulling out as they did, is to blame for the failure in Vietnam.

I never want to see my son or nephews have to fight. We know there can never be any guarantee of this, but we pray for it.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

“Forever vigilant…â€

1. Does history record that the “Christiansâ€

I mentioned the comedians in my earlier post and got this in an email today.

Ray Stevens sort of spans both the Vietnam Era and the TEA Party era if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q59ZcFguUOo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12