Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tiredofapathy

I think I understand what you are saying and this is why I was not too happy about the idea of privatizing SS.

Feel free to show me where I am wrong because I absolutely do not understand anything about investing - except in land (for use), water and food.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    tiredofapathy

I think I understand what you are saying and this is why I was not too happy about the idea of privatizing SS.

Feel free to show me where I am wrong because I absolutely do not understand anything about investing - except in land (for use), water and food.
    Social Security was meant to help retired people not supply them with a means of livable income. Of course that was never taught to previous generations and now he have more people depending on it as their only way of surviving. There are ways to invest when you are young without loosing your retirement such as mutual funds, or just putting it into Cd's or savings accounts. But in the Want Now generation, people are not thinking about the future. They do not understand the concept of saving up the cash before you buy something or going without until they can afford it.

We cannot rely on the government to take care of us. FEMA proved and is proving that with the Katrina victims. We have people in our area affected by floods several years ago who still have not received the aide they were promised. We have to be self reliant.

The SS system should be phased out meaning those who are already in it should remain in it for the remainder of their lives and those who do not want to be in it any longer should be allowed to do as they please with their monies and not expect any assistance from the government when they retire.

That is just my opinion.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Truthfully JP, social welfare as a whole is a failure, not just SSI. What do you think is gonna happen when the middle class can no longer bear the burden of welfare programs funded through income taxes? Can you imagine the chaos as the current "voluntary wards of the state", the illegal welfare vampires, and the anchor baby crowd fight for turf and evaporating funds? Every city in the US will look like New Orleans the day after Katrina hit! When that begins, (and it ain't gonna be long) those gated communities and pretty little social enclaves are gonna be crushed by the angry masses who are accustomed to the "freebee" lifestyle. They may not give a flip right now, but it's gonna get up close and personal soon enough. If the economy tanks, it will be even sooner! Every American and legal US resident, regardless of class or income needs to get onboard the illegal immigration railroad and start shoveling the coal just as hard as they can go!

OK, I get SS is a boondoggle - and it was never intended to furnish us old fogeys with a motorhome and travels across the country. The good or bad is not what I am talking about.

When they were talking of privatizing, I agree people could put money in mutual funds, but there are good and bad managers of mutual funds.

But, we know our government, at least I hope we do by now. If this illegal immigration horror hasn't shown their true colors, nothing will.

We should know they are never going to suggest anything that will help the people - without helping their corporation and banking buddies first.
    So I don't think they would ever have allowed people to completely make the decisions about where the money was invested. They would be sure they were invested in places that helped their buddies.

So, that is why I think privatizing is a bad thing. Now if you mean just allow people to opt out - and take the chance of starving in their old age - that may not be so bad. What they were proposing, I think, was a hand out to their friends.

Welfare is bad two ways. It is backbreaking for the American worker and it is a horrid waste of human potential.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12