Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Your next vacation destination...

This may not be a novel idea. I just joined so others may have discussed this, but let's all plan our next vacation this summer in Arizona. Go to the Grand Canyon (cooler up that way). Stop in Sedona and enjoy the high energy. Tour some canyons. Drive down toward the border for a daredevil stunt.

Support Arizona by going there and spending money so we beat their boycott plans.

Re: Your next vacation destination...

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibrations
    This may not be a novel idea. I just joined so others may have discussed this, but let's all plan our next vacation this summer in Arizona. Go to the Grand Canyon (cooler up that way). Stop in Sedona and enjoy the high energy. Tour some canyons. Drive down toward the border for a daredevil stunt.

Support Arizona by going there and spending money so we beat their boycott plans.
    I have always wanted to take a road trip to Arizona. I just found it hard to find the time to really enjoy the trip without rushing. I am going to MAKE TIME this summer. At least ten days or two weeks....hit the road and enjoy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

goodvibrations - welcome to ALIPAC!

Yes, a few of us have made comments about supporting Arizona businesses, and especially in terms of vacationing there. But I'm glad you started a thread about it. I really hope a lot of people will do this.

It would likely have a lot more impact if we let Arizona governor and legislators know WHY we are vacationing there, and maybe when and where, money spent, etc, so they know we are really doing it. Or maybe write a letter to an Arizona paper telling them about it - maybe they would print it....? Just some ideas.

I just want Arizonans to know we support them, not only with our words, but also with our pocketbooks. Especially since a lot of media coverage is given to those who are threatening boycotts - of course.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Summer heat in Az can be dangerous in the lower elevations, so dress in layers, carry plenty of water and prepare for a possible breakdown.

The higher elevations, Flagstaff, Sedona, etc.. are great in the summer, but can be snowbound in the winter, yet Phoenix, Tucson, Sierra Vista, Tombstone are great in the winter, but cool at night, but hotter than I care to be in the summer.

our club has already planned two trips there

If you cant actually go on vacation to Arizona, another way would be to look up some businesses in Arizona and order from them online. Maybe it could be like some kind of campaign with a motto. So then visitors and shoppers would be sending a message that they are supporting Arizona. Like t shirts or hats that say "Support Arizona Patriots." Something like that. Ok...maybe that is not a good example, but you get what I am saying.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    If you cant actually go on vacation to Arizona, another way would be to look up some businesses in Arizona and order from them online. Maybe it could be like some kind of campaign with a motto. So then visitors and shoppers would be sending a message that they are supporting Arizona. Like t shirts or hats that say "Support Arizona Patriots." Something like that. Ok...maybe that is not a good example, but you get what I am saying.
    I totally agree, I also made a comment yesterday about supporting Arizona online businesses. That would be great for those who can't make it there on vacation.

I like your idea Redpony, I think maybe you're on to something. If we purchased items that in themselves send a message. Maybe we could locate Arizona on-line businesses that sell Patriotic items. Or even any business that sells t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc, that would maybe take special orders. They could make up some t-shirts that say something about "I support Arizona Patriots", like you suggested. Then they could take orders and make them as they're ordered. We could support more than one business. We would need to make sure they are based in Arizona.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    I totally agree, I also made a comment yesterday about supporting Arizona online businesses. That would be great for those who can't make it there on vacation.

I like your idea Redpony, I think maybe you're on to something. If we purchased items that in themselves send a message. Maybe we could locate Arizona on-line businesses that sell Patriotic items. Or even any business that sells t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc, that would maybe take special orders. They could make up some t-shirts that say something about "I support Arizona Patriots", like you suggested. Then they could take orders and make them as they're ordered. We could support more than one business. We would need to make sure they are based in Arizona.
    Yes they would have to be in Arizona. I was thinking of looking up some "brick and mortar" businesses in Arizona that have web sites that also sell online. We did this for ....I think it was Waukegan....a couple years back. I bought an American flag from a brick and mortar business there who also sold merchandise online. Many established businesses also sell online, so it is just a matter of figuring out what items to buy and then looking up Arizona businesses that sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow

Yes they would have to be in Arizona. I was thinking of looking up some "brick and mortar" businesses in Arizona that have web sites that also sell online. We did this for ....I think it was Waukegan....a couple years back. I bought an American flag from a brick and mortar business there who also sold merchandise online. Many established businesses also sell online, so it is just a matter of figuring out what items to buy and then looking up Arizona businesses that sell them.
    Maybe we could contact an Arizona patriot group, like Tuscon Tea Party or Phoenix 9-12ers, or something. Most of those grassroots patriots groups have websites. Maybe we could post a thread on one of their sites asking them for feedback, or about businesses they know about. Sometimes one has to join a group first, before posting. But I know several people in my state who have joined groups in other states via the internet, as a way to network.

Plaaning to pass thru there on vacation in Mid July as we speak. Just the other nite I sent away for an AZ travel packet/booklet. We plan on visiting the North Rim of the grand Canyon so the kids can see it from the back of a mule. It's been about 15 years since we were last there ourselves so looking forward to it!

You can look online or get a free travel guide sent to you here:

http://www.arizonaguide.com/travel-deals-packages