Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hello minnie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your niece.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i emailed them all and only got 2 to email back

i email them all that wa sin the list and only 2 emailed me back. it coy privette Thank you,, for your e-mail. I submitted a proposal to our county commissioners in Dec. 2005 to address this issue, and they haven't considered it yet.

Commissioners Bob Carruth and Joni Juba proposed naming a committee to study the illegal immigration issue here in Cabarrus, but nothing has been done yet.

We can't afford to have any more tragic deaths like your niece.

Thank you for your concern. I stand with you.

Coy Privette and joni juba Thank you for your email concerning illegal immigrants in the US. I do agree with you that we must have border security and strict laws regarding anyone who breaks the law either citizen or illegal. I just returned from Washington DC today after meeting with members of Congress and the Senate as well as our immigration officials. Unfortunately, the immigration laws are mandated by Washington. They are also enforced out of Washington, we on the local level can only enforce and uphold what Washington allows us. The bottom line is this, as citizens we must write, call, email and/or visit our representatives in Washington and tell them to "do their job" and address immigration reform. I was told that if a bill is not passed by September, 2007 concerning immigration, we will not see any reform until after the presidential election because it will be a political hot potato. It is sad that politics comes before doing the right thing.

Our commission will be discussing this in our next commissioner's meeting and giving out the contact information of our Washington representatives. Please contact them and tell them we elected them to do the right thing in Washington. To shun their responsibility and push it on the local officials, knowing we do not have the legislative authority, is criminal in my opinion.

I would like to extend my condolences to your family concerning the loss of your niece . here is what they had to say

Cabarrus County developing illegal immigrant ID system
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=78199
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12