Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado (2009)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Colorado (2009)

Colorado (2009) Session

Mission: Oppose SB09-170 would would allow illegal aliens to receive in-state tuition that was introduced by Sen. Chris Romer, D.

Task: Call, Fax, E-Mail

Message Example (craft your own)

Subject Line:
    Opose instate tuition for illegal aliens

To the Honorable Senator/Representative _______,

I'm writing / calling to ask Representative/Senator _______ To please oppose SB09-170, Colorado should not be allowing illegal aliens to receive in-state tuition, there are plenty of citizens in these economic hard times that could use in-state tuition from other states if our Representatives feel the need to allow in-state tuition to others. It is also against federal immigration laws according to "Immigration Nationality Act of 1996" section 8 USC 1623 and it reads …an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit…â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Posted: 03/01/2009 12:30:00 AM MST
    Updated: 03/01/2009 01:59:40 AM MST

A bill to allow illegal immigrants to qualify for in-state college tuition may have the best chance of passing in years because of the support of some key Colorado Republican businessmen.

The latest effort, pushed by state Sen. Chris Romer, D-Denver, would allow illegal immigrants who have attended a Colorado high school for at least three years and graduated to get the in-state tuition rate at state colleges and universities, which would save the undocumented students thousands of dollars. The bill is scheduled to get its first committee hearing Thursday.

A bill passed last year clarified that U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants are Colorado residents and thus eligible for in-state tuition. Romer's bill is aimed at foreign-born

Post Poll - Tuition
    Do you think all graduates from Colorado high schools should receive in-state tuition? (Read Related Story)
    yes
    no
    I don't know
    I don't care

More at link:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-147974.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Will be working on this one!

April
    Emailed and faxed, will post replies when received! Will be calling as well!

Wonder if the government will help my kids

Called them and called again. I asked them all one question, when it comes time when my two kids want to go to college, is our government going to help us? I am sorry if the illegals raised their kids here. That isnt my problem. Just like with the government wanting to give illegals our social security. These people are entitled to nothing until they do the right thing and become citizens. But you hear that the English lang. is too hard to learn. But again, this becomes our problem. The government has to take care of OUR American children first. This excuse of the illegal kids who have so much to offer should be given a chance. Well guess what so do our kids. I didnt vote for Ritter, because this is the one reason why.

Good work winter1956! Keep up the activism.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Thanks for joining in winter1956!

Update:

Mar 3, 2009 4:53 pm US/Mountain
    DENVER

Illegal Immigrants May Not Get College Subsidy

A proposal to allow illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates is being weakened in the face of opposition.

Democratic Sen. Chris Romer said Tuesday he would no longer seek to give these students the same state subsidy other Colorado students get.

The state provides every Colorado student with a voucher worth about $2,000 which they can use at a state college of their choice within the state.

Under Romer's proposal, students who graduated from Colorado high schools and are in the country illegally would qualify to pay lower in-state tuition rates. But they wouldn't get the same subsidy as other students and would have to make up the difference.

He said donors could help them make up the additional cost.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-148243.html

http://cbs4denver.com/local/Illegal.Imm ... 49725.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm sending letters. :P

He[Romer] said donors could help them make up the additional cost.
    "Donors", does he mean parents?
    That's the American way of giving your children a higher education.

My letter Please write your own letter, in your own words:

Honorable Senators,

I'm writing to ask you to please oppose SB09-170, a bill that would unfairly grant in-state tuition to illegal aliens.

In the words found on Colorado State University of Peublo's Website:
    "International students must provide documentation to demonstrate financial self-sufficiency while studying in the United States."

If illegal aliens cannot even pay the tuition, then how can they possibly "demonstrate financial self-sufficency"? This is the standard student visa holders are held to and you want to make an exception for those who are in the country illegally? I don't think that is fair and frankly, it's just wrong.

Additionally, why are you penalizing American students from other states by alowing out-of-state tuition rates, while granting an exception for foreign nationals living in the country illegally? How is that reasonable and fair to the youth of American?

Sincerely,

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great letter Dixie, I have been sending my sample letters no sense in writing them twice!!

Please everyone, it does not take long to write a short note!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast