Updated: March 8, 2007

Synopsis:

Freeland Borough Council is taking a ?wait- and-see approach? regarding the Illegal Immigration Relief Act that is currently in Hazelston, PA.

Activist Instructions:

We need ALIPAC Activists to make calls, send letters, faxes, and e-mails to all members of the Freeland Borough Council asking them to please create and pass the ordinances to prevent illegal aliens from city employment and rental properties. You may want to share with them some articles about what other cities are doing and some of the problems and public attitudes (polls) about illegal immigration.

Examples:

Dear Councilman _________:

I am calling/writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Freeland Borough as soon as possible. The federal government is not adequately securing our border or enforcing our existing immigration laws. I feel it is incumbent upon our states and cities to take action to protect communities from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has many negative repercussions for our communities including depressed wages, increased health care costs, increased costs to taxpayers, increased crime, infectious diseases, and lost American jobs.

I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.

Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort.

Thank You,

Contact Information:

Freeland Borough, PA

Freeland Borough Building
Centre & Walnut Streets
801 Centre Street
Freeland, PA 18224
P: 570-636-0141
F: 570-636-0528

Office Hours
9:00 am?5:00pm

Scheduled Meetings
1st Monday?7:00 pm

Timothy Martin Mayor
Paul Thomas President of Council
Barbara Tulanowski Vice-President of Council

Council Members
Gerald Allen
Gerald Brogan
Sandra Kuklis
David Mahon
John Potoskie

News Articles:

Freeland may consider making changes in landlords? ordinance

Freeland officials keep eye on city?s IIRA fallout

Focus Campaigns Status:

Under consideration. No formal resolution.