Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Pahrump, NV Focus Campaign **Re-Opened

Pahrump, NV "Undocumented Foreign National Registration Ordinance" was proposed. The proposal would attempt to force illegal immigrants to register with the town. And they would have to pay a fee to do so.

Re-Opened Campaign.

Synopsis

Pahrump is a Victory Campaing but has been Re-Opened to address a new ordiance, the "Undocumented Foreign National Registration Ordinance"

The Pahrump council is proposing a "English Language and Patriot Reaffirmation Ordinance," which would make English Pahrump's official language, prohibit flying a foreign flag by itself and make it illegal to close a business in support of protests, such as those this summer over immigration issues.

The ordinance would also pull out the economic rug from under the town's illegal immigrants by making it a crime to hire them, rent to them, or lend or give money to them.

On Sept. 26th, Although the act won't be voted on for at least six weeks, it is expected to be read into the record for the first of three times at the board's meeting at 7 tonight.

...Pahrump, would bar illegal immigrants from opening accounts or cashing checks. The law would prohibit accepting foreign identification (Matricular), offering housing, or loaning or giving money to undocumented immigrants...

Oct. 24th, Town Board Meeting

Nov. 14th, English only, Flag and denial of benefits ordinance passed. Victory!

Feb. 14, 2007 English Ord. Repealed by new council

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Re-Opened Campaign

Dec. 12th Meeting, "Now this week, the "Undocumented Foreign National Registration Ordinance" was proposed. "

If passed, the proposal would attempt to force illegal immigrants to register with the town. And they would have to pay a fee to do so.

The flag ordinance was rejected. The UFNRO was tabled.

Activist Instructions

We need ALIPAC Activists to make calls, send letters, faxes, and e-mails to all members of the Pahrump Council asking them to please pass the ordinances to prevent illegal aliens from city employment and rental properties. You may want to share with them some articles about what other cities are doing and some of the problems and public attitudes (polls) about illegal immigration.

Examples

Dear Councilman _________:

I am calling/writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Pahrump as soon as possible. The federal government is not adequately securing our border or enforcing our existing immigration laws. I feel it is incumbent upon our states and cities to take action to protect communities from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has many negative repercussions for our communities including depressed wages, increased health care costs, increased costs to taxpayers, increased crime, infectious diseases, and lost American jobs.

I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.

Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort.

Thank You,

Contact Information

Pahrump, NV

http://www.pahrumpnv.org/

400 N. Nevada Highway 160
    Pahrump, NV 89060
    Telephone: 775-727-5107
    Fax 775-727-0345
    townoffice@pahrumpnv.org

The board meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month.
    Feb. 13 & 27

TOWN BOARD OFFICIALS

Richard Billman
    Town Board Chairperson
    Home 751-1661
    Office 702-633-8080
    rbillman@excite.com

Paul Willis
    Town Board Clerk
    Work 727-1404
    Cell 764-7535
    nyegop@usintouch.com

Laurayne Murray
    Town Board
    727-5107 ext. #17
    Cell 764-9005
    tclcm@usintouch.com

Michael Miraglia
    Town Board
    775/727-5107 ext 3
    m.m@netscape.com

Ronald W. Johnson
    Town Board
    Cell 910-1245
    miron@usintouch.com

News

Nevada Town Repeals English-Only Law

Hispanics flex MAPA muscle

12/13/06 - Packed meeting hall was a turning point in Pahrump's history, some say

12/13/06 - English-only, other anti-immigrant laws spread in U.S.

12/12/06 - Proposed ordinance would require undocumented workers to register

Dec. 8th - Pahrump Considers New Controversial Proposal

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=47576

BACKLASH: Pahrump flag ban won't fly

Pahrump Passes English Only Ordinance

Oct. 17th Nevada Town Considering Banning Banking by Illegal Immigrants

Anti-immigrant kookery demands rebuke in Pahrump

'English' ordinance proposal elicits diverse reactions

Council to hear strict anti-illegal immigrant ordinance

Harrumph, says Pahrump

Focus Campaigns Status
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Okay, emails sent. I'll post any replies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fantastic! You guys are the best. I'm getting to work with the e-mails.

Thanks Cribster! Jump right in and let us know if you get a response.

Dear Board Member,

I would like to know the status of the English Language and Patriot Reaffirmation Ordinance.

Also, I would like to express my desire for passage of the ordinance. Illegal immigration has become a serious problem in America and our federal government has let us down. We are the ones, at the local level living with the problems on a daily basis. It's easy for those in DC to turn a blind eye. Please help the citizens of Pahrump.

Thanks,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ronald Johnson is either behind on reading mail or is getting a whole lot of it.

Delivery unsuccessful: Mailbox has exceeded the limit

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <miron@usintouch.com>

The size of this mailbox has exceeded the mailbox limit

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Ronald Johnson is either behind on reading mail or is getting a whole lot of it.

Delivery unsuccessful: Mailbox has exceeded the limit

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <miron@usintouch.com>

The size of this mailbox has exceeded the mailbox limit

Dixie
    I spent nearly two hours yesterday writing a different, personalized letter to every address listed above. I've also written to the initiator of the ordinance, Michael Miraglia three times since I heard about this and haven't received a reply from anybody yet.

Dixie, I got the same message from Mr. Johnson. I was hoping that it was because he's getting bombarded from this site. I think he may be on vacation, I'll keep resending until it gets through.

Cribster,

Good job! You can try calling their office sometimes you will get a strait answer. Often, they have answering machines and you can leave a message on the weekend. I know when I call my local council, they "do a little side step" and avoid me. I've got a reputation. Imagine that.

Talking to an aid is better than being ignored. Don't be discouraged if you don't get to speak directly to the councilman. My best advice is be nice and ask questions and tell them your opinion. The people on the council work for you. They should answer to you too.

You might try calling the reporter that has been covering the story and he can tell you which officials are for and against the ordinance.

There is more than one way to get their attention. Keep us posted!

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Cribster,

Good job! You can try calling their office sometimes you will get a strait answer. Often, they have answering machines and you can leave a message on the weekend. I know when I call my local council, they "do a little side step" and avoid me. I've got a reputation. Imagine that.

Talking to an aid is better than being ignored. Don't be discouraged if you don't get to speak directly to the councilman. My best advice is be nice and ask questions and tell them your opinion. The people on the council work for you. They should answer to you too.

You might try calling the reporter that has been covering the story and he can tell you which officials are for and against the ordinance.

There is more than one way to get their attention. Keep us posted!

Dixie
    Thanks Dixie, who surprisingly has a reputation.

For the next two town meetings they are just going to present what the ordinance contains so I'm going to slow play them for now and start hammering them when it gets closer to voting time.

I want my opinion to be fresh in their minds when it comes time to make the decisions.

Cribster,

Don't be shocked by the opposition. They will bring a lot of people but the majority will not even live around Pahrump. They will even bring children. Just ignore them. They are representing people that are not allowed to vote and have no rights in this country. They don't matter.

Around here, they are kinda mean so be ready for that and keep your cool if they try to talk about the issues with you. If you have been around the opposition "organizations" before then I'm sure you know what to do. If you need more details, I can give you more advice.

Dixie

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast