Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks "working4change"
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    It's my pleasure Sosad

Good news on the education front

23 April 2008
    Illegal immigrants won't get scholarships under bill

The House gave a second approval to a bill that would prohibit illegal immigrants from receiving state-funded scholarships.

Most S.C. college students receive one of the half dozen state-funded scholarships the state allots on merit. Needy students can also qualify for state funded grants.

The bill would disqualify anyone who cannot verify legal citizenship from getting state aid.
    http://thestatecom.typepad.com/ygatoday ... migra.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great, now pass the e-verify!! and go after employers

<<RED ALERT "ACTION NEEDED 4/23">>
    Battleground: South Carolina House!
    Alipac'ers please take action at link below! We need S.C!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-112874.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

OK, Idaho is ready for the charge on South Carolina, we can do this everyone, We need to add another state to our victory list!!
    THIS Idahoan reporting for duty!!

I have already emailed all the Dems (I always start with the Dems hehehehe). Phew! They have a lot of Dems! Is it a Dem-controlled House? If yes, no wonder SC is in trouble.

I will start calling now. I have a dentist appointment this p.m. SHUCKS!! What lousy timing. I will call the Dems first.

LET'S ROLL!!!!!!!!!

<<RED ALERT "ACTION NEEDED 4/23">>
    Battleground: South Carolina House!
    Alipac'ers please take action at link below! We need S.C!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-112874.html[/quote]
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

OK, here is what I've been able to find out:

The bill is titled "South Carolina Illegal Immigration Reform Act" and is S. 392

The bill is currently in Conference Committee, who will issue a report regarding the different Senate and House versions.

The House is currently out of session for the remainder of this day and won't re-adjourn until 10:00 am tomorrow (Thursday). A staffer I spoke to in the "SC Research and Constituents Service" told me he does not believe the biil's report will be out for the Thursday session. I think the House is out of session on Friday. So, the bill report will likely be out early next week and then the committee's compromise version goes back to the Senate and House for vote.

For specific and detailed information on the bill, we need to contact Patrick Dennis, staff lawyer on the Judiciary Committee. He was out when I called, so I was not able to speak to him. The phone number of the Judiciary Committee is (803) 734-3120.

The Judiciary Committee Chairman, Jim Harrison (same # as above), appointed the members of the Conference Committe for S. 392.

I think if anyone is able to find out the members of the Conference Committee for S. 392, if would be helpful if we contact them right away to give them our input BEFORE they issue their committee report.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks EX_OC

See ya wouldn't want to be ya!! ( the dentist that is)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    OK, here is what I've been able to find out:

The bill is titled "South Carolina Illegal Immigration Reform Act" and is S. 392

The bill is currently in Conference Committee, who will issue a report regarding the different Senate and House versions.

The House is currently out of session for the remainder of this day and won't re-adjourn until 10:00 am tomorrow (Thursday). A staffer I spoke to in the "SC Research and Constituents Service" told me he does not believe the biil's report will be out for the Thursday session. I think the House is out of session on Friday. So, the bill report will likely be out early next week and then the committee's compromise version goes back to the Senate and House for vote.

For specific and detailed information on the bill, we need to contact Patrick Dennis, staff lawyer on the Judiciary Committee. He was out when I called, so I was not able to speak to him. The phone number of the Judiciary Committee is (803) 734-3120.

The Judiciary Committee Chairman, Jim Harrison (same # as above), appointed the members of the Conference Committe for S. 392.

I think if anyone is able to find out the members of the Conference Committee for S. 392, if would be helpful if we contact them right away to give them our input BEFORE they issue their committee report.

Do we have someone in that state one of the Senators would be willing to give that info to...My state Senate has givin us that info before but he knows us.

I doublt they will go out of their way for someone out of state.

You're right SoSad. It would be great if we has someone from South Carolina able to contact the Judiciary Committee.

ZEEZIL,

I also just found out about Bill S392. IT IS A COMPREHENSIVE BILL. A staffer told me all about it. Here is the link to the bill:

http://www.scstatehouse.net/cgi-bin/web_bh10.exe

I just emailed W about it.

I think in the bottom of the page the names of the conference people are there.

Am I right?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast