Page 148 of 844 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 8437
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Keep Food Reserves Safe In A Crisis

November 14, 2011
    by Peggy Layton

Keep long-term food storage in a locked room.

I have heard people jokingly say that they don’t need extra food reserves because they have guns. They casually say, “I will just come to your house.” I believe that people will do whatever they have to do to get food for their family. How will we protect the food reserves we have worked so hard to purchase, store and secure?
    We really need to think about this question. Where would be the safest place to store food, water, extra clothing, cash and other necessities? We need to protect these things not only from bugs, rodents and other animals but from looters as well.
    Precautions You Can Take To Protect Your Food Investment
    I read a true story about a woman who came home from work and found one of her neighbors hauling out bags of groceries from her kitchen pantry. The neighbor was unemployed and financially strapped, so she broke into the house next door and took their food. She was caught and charged with burglary. She was put in jail and is being prosecuted. As times get tougher, more people are going to be unemployed and will do whatever it takes to feed their families; looting will become more prevalent. Many good people will be suffering the consequences of not being prepared with food reserves.
    If you have food reserves, I caution you to take stock of your current situation and decide where you should keep your emergency food. Some of the food you purchase needs to be rotated, such as canned goods, dried eggs, powdered milk and perishables like winter squash, potatoes and other vegetables. The food with the shortest shelf life needs to be accessible so it can be rotated and used faster. I suggest you keep long-term food storage in a room that has a lock and key. It might be necessary to lock it with a dead bolt. Hide an extra key somewhere that you will be able to get to in a disaster. Tell your family how to access the food. If someone comes to you asking for food, you can give it out as you wish and not have it taken from you by looters.
    Many people have guns to protect their families and themselves from predators and looters. All guns and ammo must be kept locked up as well in a gun safe or a locked room.
    I think locking up all emergency survival items is very important. Keep in mind that if there was a crisis and you needed to get to your stockpile quickly, you must be able to find the key easily.
    I have friends who keep their food in basements; others keep their food in metal storage containers. Most people keep their food in their kitchen pantry and probably would not be able to make more than a few days’ worth of meals if they had to. We have a root cellar with a food-storage shed on top of it. I also keep food in our basement, in the pantry and in the garage. Wherever you decide to keep your food reserves, you must guard them like you would any other valuable asset.
    I believe everyone needs a heavy-duty safe that can be bolted to a cement floor from the inside. I have some friends who went to Hawaii for a vacation. When they returned home, they were shocked to find their safe busted open in their back yard and all their valuables, including $8,000, gone. The safe had been in a bedroom closet. Had the safe been bolted down properly (from the inside) to a cement floor, the thieves would not have been able to take it.
    Why Should We Store Food Reserves and What Are We Preparing For?

• A disruption to food production resulting in food scarcity.
    • Rising fuel prices, which can result in trucking strikes.
    • Harmful outbreaks of bacteria that cause foodborne illnesses.
    • Loss of jobs due to rising unemployment.
    • Loss of homes due to foreclosure.
    • Natural disasters due to changing weather patterns, which include droughts, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes and freezing ice storms.
    • Hyperinflation.
    • Terrorist attacks, social unrest, anarchy and war.
    There are a lot of good reasons to store food. Food in the pantry is better than money in the bank. I believe in a food savings account. If the banks have any kind of problems, we may not be able to get our money out. What will we do? Some of our savings is better off being in a food savings account in our pantry or basement. Food reserves bring a sense of security and peace of mind. I like being self-reliant. It gives me independence, freedom and a sense of security that if needed, I could take care of myself and my family for an extended period of time — especially if there were no grocery stores open and no one else to turn to.
    My reserve of food is a form of starvation insurance. This type of insurance holds its value. Once you pay for it and put it away, you can still eat it. It could save someone’s life.

• Did you know that 2 percent of the population of the world grows the food and 98 percent of the population depends on that food? That is true dependency.
    • In Africa during the summer of 2011, more than 29,000 children under the age of 5 died due to malnutrition and starvation. Children in America are also going to bed hungry. What would happen if the welfare system shut down due to lack of funds? What would government-assisted families do?
    • I worry about my seven children and their families and how they are going to make it financially in hard times. They don’t have the finances to purchase the extra food. I encourage them to stockpile extra food, but it just doesn’t seem to be a priority. Some live in apartments, some are in college, some are newly married, some have young children, and some have new homes with high mortgage payments.
    • Millions of Americans are losing their jobs because of the economic situation our Nation is experiencing. Some people still have jobs, yet can’t even afford food to feed their family. Three million people in the United States are unemployed and will go from the workforce to the welfare lines this year. This can happen quickly to anyone.
    • Millions of Americans are losing their homes as a result of mortgages being overinflated. Making mortgage payments will soon be the last thing on the minds of Americans. The No. 1 thing on people’s minds will be where they are going to get their next meal. We are in the midst of an economic crisis that is devaluing the American dollar and could turn hyperinflation into monetary collapse.
    The National Inflation Association predicts that by the year 2015, the U.S. dollar will lose all of its purchasing power and empty grocery store shelves will be common in America. For every economic problem the U.S. government tries to solve, it always creates two or three much larger problems in the process.
    Families will need to help each other. Multiple generations of families might need to live together. Young adults might need to move back home with their parents to avoid being homeless. Every parent should store for himself first and then for his extended family members that might need help. Then, store extra for their friends and neighbors in need. This will take sacrifice and focus. A food savings account builds over time, just like savings in a bank account does.
    Long-Term Food Reserves
    I have mentioned many times before in previous articles that I am involved in a company called eFoods Global. The company changed its name to Go Foods Global. It is a way of announcing their products as an on-the-go, just-add-water type of food. The food can be stored long-term, it can be shared with others, or it can be served tonight for busy families. These foods are quick fix meals. Everything is in the pouch. You just add water, cook for 20 minutes and it is done. The food comes in Mylar® pouches and has four servings per pouch. They are sealed with oxygen absorbers in the pouch, which makes this a long-term food product that will last on the shelf for 15 years.

• New products that were announced at the national convention: instant stick packs of Kona Coffee, Orange Passion Green Tea and Tropical Energy Drink. The new entrees are Thai Coconut Noodles, Santé Fe Fiesta Rice and Creamy Tuscan Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes.
    • The other entrées that are available are 3 Cheese Alfredo Pasta and Cheese, Au Gratin Potatoes, Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Cheddar Rice, Hearty Chili with Cornbread Dumplings, Seasoned Mashed potatoes, Vegetable Beef Stew, and Wisconsin White Cheddar with Pasta Shells.
    • There are breads such as Pancake Mix, Southern Buttermilk Biscuits, Whole Wheat Bread, and Cornbread Muffins.
    • The breakfast items include Almond granola and Natural Oatmeal.
    • The soups include Cheddar Broccoli, Chicken Noodle, Potato Cheddar, Southwestern Tortilla, Sweet Corn Chowder and Western Potato Chowder.
    • There is a snack called dried Tropical Fruit Mix.
    • They have a variety of other items like non-hybrid Garden Seeds, The Berkey Light Water Filter and the Katadyn Hiker Pro Water Filter.
    I suggest that you take a portion of your monthly food budget and purchase a stock of food for yourself. You can use Go Foods every day for meals or store them for an emergency.
    Go Foods Global is now shipping to Canada. There is an opportunity in the United States and Canada to be an independent business owner and sell the Go Foods Global food. If you love these foods and want to help others get prepared with emergency food reserves, this opportunity is for you. This is how anyone can start a food reserves business and earn enough money to purchase food for himself. Check it out at www.peggylayton.mygofoods.com
    Food Storage And Self-Sufficiency Products Available
    If you are interested in any of the seven books I have written, such as Emergency Food Storage and Survival Handbook or Cookin’ with Home Storage, water storage tanks, ION water treatment, dehydrated or freeze-dried food storage sealed in gallon-sized cans with a shelf life of 15 years, wheat grinders, Bio-Clean sewage treatment, 72-hour packs or emergency medical supplies, click here.

http://wichitaobserver.com/keep-food...-a-crisis.html
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Survival Tips: Winter Storms And Power Outages

November 14, 2011
    by Personal Liberty News Desk

A recent storm that tore through New England dumped more than a foot of snow in some areas and left hundreds of thousands without power for several days. This type of weather event is not rare during winter months and citizens should be prepared.

The Associated Press reported that some residents outside of Hartford, Connecticut, were still without power, eight days after the storm passed through the region. http://www.courant.com/news/local/state ... 4237.story

In the event of a severe winter storm, individuals may want to have gathered the necessary tools and supplies. These include backup generators, a battery-powered or hand-cranked radio, flashlights, a supply of extra batteries, stores of nonperishable food and adequate amounts of water, according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency. http://blog.fema.gov/2011/11/colder-wea ... pared.html

The agency reported that when the power does go out individuals should turn on their generators outside, in order to prevent carbon monoxide exposure. Doors and windows should be kept closed as much as possible in order to prevent heat loss from a residence.

The Bergen Record reported that families may want to take drives in the car in order to get a warm meal, get out of the house or just to take a child’s mind off of the lack of power in the house. http://www.northjersey.com/community/13 ... rents.html

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/sur ... 11_14_PLA_[P11518455]&rrid=238434262
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MF Global, Fraud, Debased Currencies & Precious Metals : Nielson Update http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ65-9X4 ... re=related

CHAPMAN UPDATE: Occupy, CFTC, Silver, Tyranny, Gaddafi, B of A Crimes & REVOLUTION http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g518UpWh ... ure=relmfu

$8,000 GOLD and $400 SILVER : James Turk [Part 1 of 2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ECHa8QI ... ure=relmfu

$8,000 GOLD and $400 SILVER : James Turk [Part 2 of 2]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4sRArrqZ-0

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 01-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Where America Buys and Sells Guns. http://www.gunsamerica.com

Choosing a Handgun for Self Defense Pt.2 - by Jim Higginbotham http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/gunfigh ... a-handgun/

LaserMax Guiderod Lasers for Novice Shooters http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/laserma ... ers-review

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Gardasil Horror - Schoolgirl Sleeps 23 Hrs Day After Jab

Girl, 13, left in 'waking coma' and sleeps for 23 hours a day after severe reaction to cervical cancer jabs

Lucy Hinks is unable to walk or talk after having injections at school

Parents warn others to check on potential side effects of Cervarix vaccine

By Paul Sims
    Last updated at 8:41 PM on 14th November 2011
    253 Comments

Bad reaction: Lucy Hinks, 13, began to experience extreme exhaustion soon after having the cervical cancer vaccine alongside classmates

They were told the vaccine had few side-effects and would protect their daughter from cervical cancer.
    But Steve and Pauline Hinks are convinced the controversial HPV jab is behind their daughter Lucy’s mystery illness which is making her sleep up to 23 hours a day.
    Tests have so far ruled out a brain tumour and glandular fever and the 13-year-old’s paediatric consultant is investigating potential links with the vaccine Cervarix.
    The jab was used in a national vaccination programme which started in September 2008. But it has already been linked to several cases of girls displaying severe side-effects.
    Before she received the vaccine, Lucy was perfectly healthy, had an excellent school attendance record and was among the top students in her year.
    But just weeks after she received the third dose of Cervarix in May this year she began to feel exhausted. By July she had lost a stone in weight and was sleeping almost round-the-clock.
    ‘Some nights I’ve been so worried that I wake several times to make sure she’s still breathing,’ said her mother.
    ‘I was concerned about the potential side-effects because Lucy had a severe reaction from the MMR vaccine.

‘But I was reassured by the school nurse that side-effects were extremely unlikely. We feel betrayed because, like most parents, we trust the health authorities with our children’s lives.’
    Mr Hinks, a health and safety manager at the Pirelli tyre factory in Carlisle, said: ‘We are desperate to find some sort of treatment which will give us back the daughter we had before.

HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS (HPV)

• Almost all cases of cervical cancer start off as an HPV infection.
    • There are more than 30 types of HPV. The virus is typically transmitted through sexual contact.
    • 80 per cent of women will contract a form of HPV by the time they reach 50, most forms are harmless.
    • Two of the types, numbers 16 and 18, are responsible for 70 per cent of cervical cancer cases.
    • These two strains are treatable with HPV vaccines which are 98 per cent effective.
    • The other types of HPV are not preventable with the injections, which is why women must still have regular smear tests.
    • Only 5-10 per cent of women infected with the virus face the risk of the disease developing into cervical cancer.
    • This process usually takes 15–20 years.
    ‘We have to keep hoping that recovery will be soon.’
    The vaccine is given to girls aged 12 and 13 in a nationwide programme which followed clinical trials in 2005 on more than 18,000 women under 26.
    Parents who do not wish their daughters to have it must opt out. The vaccine is most effective when given to girls before they become sexually active.
    In the first year of the nationwide vaccination programme more than 2,000 girls in the UK had health problems after being given the jab.
    Jackie Fletcher, from pressure group JABS, called for the vaccine to be abandoned until it can be established beyond doubt that it is safe.
    She said: ‘There have been some real horror stories. After the injection, suddenly they’ve got things like chronic fatigue syndrome.’
    A spokesman for Cervarix’s manufacturers, GlaxoSmithKline, said the company took reports of adverse reactions very seriously and added: ‘The UK medicines safety agency regularly reviews all suspected adverse events and had concluded that no new or serious risks have been identified during the use of Cervarix in the UK and that the balance of benefits and risks remains positive.’
    Robert Music, director of Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust, said: ‘If year on year take-up of the vaccine continues to be around 80 per cent the incidence of cervical cancer could be reduced by two-thirds in women under 30 by 2025.’
    Her parents fear it could be years before she recovers. They now care for Lucy - who has lost nearly three stone - around the clock and describe their lives as a 'living nightmare'.
    The couple, from Port Carlisle, Cumbria, are urging parents to find out about the potential side effects of the vaccine, Cervarix.
    Their warning comes as thousands of year eight pupils prepare to receive the vaccine in schools.
    Mrs Hinks said: 'I would not wish what we've been through on anyone.
    'I've not seen the whites of Lucy's eyes for weeks and nobody can tell us when it will turn.
    'I would urge parents to get all the facts, gather as much information as you can. Decide for yourself if it's right for your child.'

Constant care: Lucy's parents now attend her every need and one of them is always nearby. She is pictured with her sister Emily, 12, (left) who was recently offered the injection

She added: 'I could put up with the constant sleep. I believe her body needs it.
    'But it's the fact that to me she's in a waking coma, with no treatment.
    'At first we didn't pay any major attention to it. We were only aware there was something seriously wrong this July.'
    Lucy, a bright scholar at Nelson Tomlinson School with a gift for maths, had her third and final instalment of the vaccine in May.
    Soon afterwards, she started displaying signs of exhaustion.
    'Then she got up one weekend,' said Mrs Hinks. 'She shouted for me, she was too exhausted to stand.'
    Initially, Lucy's GP found her spleen and liver were enlarged. Then, after the teenager collapsed in the doctor's waiting room, she was taken to Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary.
    She was submitted to a barrage of tests over the weeks to come, including those for glandular fever and a brain tumour. But these failed to find any cause.
    Coping mechanism: Steve Hinks trawls the internet for cures

Later in the summer, Lucy was again admitted to hospital. This time she was unable to walk at all.

Mr Hinks said: 'She had been able to limp from the settee to the toilet herself.
    'But suddenly she couldn't take a single step. She lost her balance, her arms and legs were failing.

'We got a letter from the consultant at the hospital. It says it's quite possible that this might turn out to be a reaction to the HPV vaccine.'
    Mrs Hinks, who gets up to her daughter through the night, said: 'At one stage I thought she was going to die in her sleep.'
    Recently, the family installed a stairlift to take Lucy from her bed to the living room sofa.

'I bring her downstairs because she's part of the family,' said Mrs Hinks. 'I want her down here and hope that subconsciously she can hear something of what's going on.'

They have rigged up an electric bell which Lucy presses when she needs pain relief.
    'She can whisper five words,' said Mr Hinks, who uses a microphone to help make out Lucy's barely audible syllables.

'She says "hurting, toilet, tablet, water" and, most of all, "mum".'

Mr and Mrs Hinks spoon feed their daughter her lunch and dinner. Meals must consist of soft food, because chewing takes precious energy.
    The couple said doctors are now 95 per cent sure Lucy's diagnosis of ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is correct.
    Mrs Hinks has revisited the decision to allow Lucy to have the vaccine many times.
    'I have regrets,' she said. 'But it's no good having them because you can't change what we've got. Hindsight is a marvellous thing.'

Though neither has any criticisms of the local vaccination programme, Mr and Mrs Hinks are now urging parents to make sure they have as much information as possible before making a decision.
    'Talk to people about it,' said Mrs Hinks. 'You decide, not the Government, whether it's right for your child.

CERVICAL CANCER JAB CONTROVERSY

The NHS initiated its UK HPV immunisation programme in September 2008.

The HPV jab is available on the NHS to those aged between 12 and 13 years old. Many are immunised at school.
    Vaccines are delivered in three shots over six months. They do not have any therapeutic effect on existing HPV infections or cervical lesions which is why girls are vaccinated before they become sexually active.

The vaccine cuts the risk of cervical cancer by about 70 per cent
    Of the four million vaccinations carried out over the programme's first two years, there were 4,445 reported side effects.

• 1,669 reported 'injection-site reactions' for example a sore arm.
    • 1,013 reported allergic reactions, most were rashes.
    • There were 3,591 'other recognised reactions' including 631 cases of nausea and 629 headaches.
    • There were four cases of Guillan-Barre Syndrome, which can lead to paralysis. Although the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency notes: 'There is no evidence that the vaccine has increased the frequency of GBS above that expected to occur naturally in the population'.
    None of the deaths or serious health problems which have followed immunisation has been directly linked to the vaccine - but it has been known to trigger undetected health problems.

Some critics also believe that the HPV injection can give teenagers a false sense of security, encouraging them to be more sexually active because they no longer have to fear cervical cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ncer-jabs.html
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Guerrilla Warfare Gardening 2: Toils no Trouble

Barbara H. Peterson

Farm Wars Outdoor Garden 2011

With the last cabbage processed, this season’s outdoor gardening and food processing project is officially over. That is, all except for soil prep for next season, when we let the geese and goat in the garden to eat the leftovers, then spread the horse manure. Then, it’s all about enjoying the fruits of our labors, and telling the corporate veggie distributors to take their pesticide-laden produce and… well, you know the rest.

This is our fourth year gardening in the high desert, and I’ve got to admit, we messed around and got it right this time. We have enough in the freezer for the year, and the garden fed us and the critters with fresh produce all during the harvest.

Brian planted and hand watered the garden morning and evening. We both weeded and harvested, and I processed. Processing consisted of cleaning, trimming, blanching, chopping and freezing, as well as some drying. We both collect seeds.
    Here are pics of some of the bounty (cabbage, onions, beets, radishes, spinach and zucchini). We had carrots also, but I forgot to take pics of them. The garden area was 60 X 80:

If we can do this, so can you. If you don’t have any land, get with someone who does and see if you can work out a deal to use a bit of it for growing food. I lent out a portion of mine this season as a training garden for a neighbor. If you can grow your own food, you will not starve.
    Don’t wait. Start your garden today. Make plans to nourish your family with good, wholesome food that you can grow yourself. Get rid of the lawn and plant a Guerrilla Warfare Garden instead. And if zoning permits, get a milk goat. A goat and a garden will keep you alive and healthy through any food crisis.

© 2011 Barbara H. Peterson

Guerrilla Warfare Gardening: The Beginning http://farmwars.info/?p=6616

http://farmwars.info/?p=7270
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 06:44 PM.

30% US Drinking Water Has Parkinsons-Causing Chemical

Exposure to industrial solvent 'can increase risk of Parkinson's disease six times' Chemical is banned in food and pharmaceutical industries but is still used as a degreasing agent

30% of U.S. drinking water supplies believed to be contaminated

By Anthony Bond
    Last updated at 4:10 PM on 14th November 2011
    18 Comments

Famous: Former boxer Muhammad Ali is one of world's best-known people to suffer from Parkinson's disease

A global team of scientists are hailing a major breakthrough in finding a significant link between exposure to an industrial solvent and Parkinson's disease.

A team of scientists from the U.S, Canada, Germany and Argentina found that individuals who had been exposed in the workplace to trichloroethylene (TCE) were six-times more likely to develop Parkinson's.
    Due to concerns about its toxicity, the use of TCE in the food and pharmaceutical industries has been banned across much of the world since the 1970s.

However, the chemical is still used as a degreasing agent.

Dr Samuel Goldman of The Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale, California, who co-led the study published in the journal Annals of Neurology, told the BBC: 'Our study confirms that common environmental contaminants may increase the risk of developing Parkinson's, which has considerable public health implications.

'Our findings, as well as prior case reports, suggest a lag time of up to 40 years between TCE exposure and onset of Parkinson's, providing a critical window of opportunity to potentially slow the disease before clinical symptoms appear.'

Parkinson's disease is caused by a loss of nerve cells in part of the brain.
    It can results in limb tremors, slowed movement and speech impairment.
    Researchers wanted to look at the impact on people of exposure to six different solvents, including TCE.

The new findings was based on analysis of 99 pairs of twins from America, one twin with Parkinson's and the other without.

Scientists looked at the work history of the twins as well as hobbies and interests, so they could calculate their exposure to solvents.

Diagnosis: This image shows a brain scan of a person suffering with Parkinson's disease

In the past TCE has been used in glue, carpet-cleaners, paints and dry-cleaning solutions.

It is still used as a degreasing agent for metal parts.

It is also estimated that 30 per cent of U.S. drinking water supplies are contaminated with the chemical.

Dr Michelle Gardner, research development manager at Parkinson's UK, told the BBC that more research needed to be carried out to look at the link between solvents like TCE and Parkinson's.

She added: 'This is the first study to show that the solvent TCE may be associated with an increased risk of developing Parkinson's.

'It is important to highlight that many of the previous uses of this solvent have been discontinued for safety reasons over 30 years ago, and that safety and protection in work places where strong chemicals such as this solvent are used has greatly improved in recent years.'

Two other solvents - perchloroethylene (PERC) and carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) - were also found to pose a significant risk of developing the disease if people were exposed to them.

There was no link found with the three other solvents examined in the study - toluene, xylene and n-hexane.

PERC is used as a dry-cleaning agent and degreasing agent.
    CCl4's major use in the past was in the manufacture of chlorofluorocarbons for use as refrigerants.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z1di2OmKON

Organization Reports Antibiotic Overuse, Warns Of Consequences

November 17, 2011 by Sam Rolley

Some Americans are taking too many antibiotics and the drugs may become completely ineffective if the trend continues.

New research indicates that people throughout the United States—especially in the Southeast— heavily overuse antibiotic drugs, which may accelerate the rate at which the drugs become useless as bacteria develop resistance to the medications.
    The research, conducted by Extending the Cure, found that between 1997 and 2007 the number of antibiotics prescribed on the whole actually fell by about 12 percent, but the number of people who misguidedly take too many rounds of antibiotics rose. The overconsumption of antibiotic drugs is “alarmingly” higher in the Southeast when compared to States in the Pacific Northwest, the research says.
    Among States with the highest antibiotic use in the Nation are West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisiana and Alabama. Extending the Cure contends that the high usage rates stem from patients demanding antibiotics from their doctors for illnesses caused by viruses, like cold and flu, which are not eliminated by antibiotics.
    According to the research, the consequences of antibiotic overuse create a destructive cycle. Antibiotic resistance among bacteria increases—the drugs are already about seven times less effective against E. coli—so doctors prescribe more powerful antibiotics. The cycle accelerates until the drugs, no matter how powerful, might ultimately become completely ineffective against the resistant “superbugs” that the World Health Organization says these pharmaceuticals will help to create.

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/...-consequences/

EPA targets families that generate heat off the grid using traditional wood-burning stoves

Thursday, November 17, 2011
    by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Traditional wood-burning stoves are still one of the most cost-efficient, sustainable, and renewable sources of energy production that families can use to heat their homes. But the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is not a huge fan of them, as was evidenced by its recent decision to push those who use traditional models to convert to EPA-approved -- and oftentimes much more expensive -- alternative models.

Throughout history, civilizations have relied on the burning of wood to cook food, warm water, and heat places of dwelling. After all, trees are an abundant and renewable source of wood, which means that the costs associated with obtaining energy and heat from burning wood are minimal. This, of course, is why many cash-strapped folks today are turning to wood-burning stoves rather than their local utilities.

But the EPA is now expressing concern about the 80 percent-or-so of wood stove users that still rely on non-EPA approved models. Most of the wood stoves manufactured before 1990 do not contain the EPA's certification stamp of approval which, in the eyes of the agency, means they are an unnecessary contributor of excess environmental pollution.

This is debatable, of course, as EPA-approved models can still emit excess smoke just like the others, and may not necessarily provide any pollution-reducing benefits at all. Because of their altered designs, many of the new EPA-approved models do not work as well as the older models, either, especially when used in severely-cold weather http://www.energybulletin.net/51578

Most wood-burning stove companies in the US actually went out of business shortly after the EPA established its original certification requirements for wood stoves back in the 1990s. Many of the companies simply could not develop a complying product that actually worked. Today, the EPA is once again revisiting these New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) guidelines in order to push even more people away from the old stoves.

At the same time, EPA spokeswoman Alison Davis recently tried to whitewash the agency's position against wood stoves by claiming that the EPA is "not in the business of telling people how to heat their homes." No, it is actually in the business of restricting the types of wood stoves manufacturers are allowed to produce and sell, which ultimately does tell people how to heat their homes by robbing them of their freedom of choice.

Sources for this article include: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/11/ ... 321032078/

http://www.naturalnews.com/034179_EPA_w ... toves.html

HOW MANY MORE WILL DIE BEFORE FDA GHOULS ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE?

By: Devvy
    July 14, 2008
    © 2008 - NewsWithViews.com

The American people have grown up with so many federal alphabet soup agencies, they've become immune to the dastardly deeds done by these unelected officials - except when it hits their home. When I refer to the FDA, I don't mean the Federal Drug Administration, I mean the Federal Death Administration. This agency derives its jurisdiction from treaties and has been getting away with destroying people's health for decades, and in too many cases, the result is death. The FDA is nothing more than another out of control agency answerable to no one. It needs to be abolished. While I was still writing news items for NWVs back in 2004, I wrote a piece on Donald Rumsfeld and aspartame. The mail came flooding in with accusations that aspartame was perfectly safe because the ghouls at the FDA said so! I followed up the deluge with a column under my own by-line; Aspartame Concerns - Junk Science, Quack Doctors?

Dr. Betty Martini has been a pioneer in exposing the devastating effects of ingesting that deadly chemical. Naturally, she's been attacked on a regular basis as have doctors and scientists who have studied the effects of aspartame on the human body - particularly the brain. Anyone who dares expose the truth which cuts into the profits of the big pharma houses is persecuted by the ghouls at the Federal Death Administration. Many are political prisoners for doing nothing more than trying to naturally treat their patients.

This is especially true for the multi-billion dollar a year cancer industry; see The Cancer Research Money Machines. Since I wrote that column almost two years ago, more "safe" drugs and treatments, given the stamp of approval by the Federal Death Administration, have proven fatal. Let's start with Gardasil, a new, deadly vaccine that I've covered in previous columns:

July 3, 2008. From the Desk of Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton: Judicial Watch Uncovers Shocking New FDA Documents Related to Gardasil

"Those of you who regularly read this column know that Judicial Watch has taken the lead in exposing the ugly truth about the dangerous side effects associated with Gardasil, the vaccination for human papillomavirus (HPV) currently being administered to young girls.

"Well this week, we released a special report based on new "adverse event reports" and other information obtained from the FDA under the Freedom of Information Act. These reports document 10 reported deaths since September, 2007. (The total number of death reports is at least 18 and as many as 20.) The FDA also produced 140 "serious" reports (27 of which were categorized as "life threatening"), 10 spontaneous abortions and six cases of Guillain-Barre Syndrome - all since January 2008. Here are a few excerpts from the documents we uncovered. The rest can be read in our report. (Warning: These descriptions get very graphic.)"

July 7, 2008. Should parents worry about HPV vaccine? "7,802 "adverse event" reports to CDC since Gardasil was approved. Reports claim drug caused nausea and paralysis -- even death."

Only after enough Americans die or thousands have their health destroyed, does the FDA pull some of these dangerous drugs:

October 8, 2007, FDA pulls Drug for Stomach Ills Is Pulled From the Market: rug for Stomach Ills Is Pulled From the Market: Zelnorm...Arthritis Drug Bextra Pulled: "The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today requested Pfizer recall arthritis drug Bextra (valdexocib) and change the warning label on Celebrex (celecoxib)...Parkinson's disease drug pulled from market: "The FDA pulled a Parkinson's drug from the market after reports of heart valve damage in more than a dozen patients. Pergolide is sold under the name Permax and is believed to raise the risk of heart valve damage by 20 percent." "FDA Okays Stomach Drugs Prilosec And Nexium, For Now. Diabetes drug should be pulled over heart risks, FDA scientist says; Avandia."

How about the widely popular, HRT (hormone replacement therapy) drug, Prempro, found in the government's own study to increase a healthy woman's risk of breast cancer by 24%, stroke by 41% and heart attack by 29%?

April 24, 2007. 70 women 'die each year from cancer after taking HRT. "But the UK-sponsored Million Women Study now suggests HRT resulted in 1,300 extra cases of ovarian cancer between 1991 and 2005. Of these women, 1,000 died of the disease."

2008: Wyeth, Pfizer ordered to pay $27 million in punitive damages. "A Little Rock, Ark., federal jury found Wyeth Pharmaceuticals and Upjohn (a Pfizer unit) liable for $27 million in punitive damages to Donna Scroggin, who sued the drug manufacturers in 2004 after developing breast cancer after taking hormone replacement therapy. The award includes $19.3 million from Wyeth and $7.7 from Upjohn.

"Wyeth manufactures Premarin, an estrogen replacement, and Prempro, which is a combination of estrogen and progestin. These, along with Upjohn's Provera, which contains progestin, are commonly prescribed to treat the unpleasant effects of menopause....About 25 million American women use hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to ease the discomfort of menopause. There are about 5,300 similar cases pending across the country for Premarin and Prempro."

Here's a news flash: These dangerous cocktails are still on the market and being prescribed! I've never taken any form of HRT and am truly thankful I listened to my friend, Dr. Lorraine Day, 14 years ago. The 25 million women who use HRT's in this country just might be 'concerned' they will end up dead from breast and/or cervical cancer. I don't understand why anyone would take these drugs once you read the side effects: "Long-term treatment with Prempro may increase your risk of breast cancer, heart attack, or stroke." To help with hot flashes? Perhaps women should try natural supplements (Evening Primrose Oil, Dong Quai, Black Cohash) and a good 100% Mexican Yam progersterone cream for hot flashes. Okay, I have to give the disclaimer: I'm not a doctor nor am I making a medical referral here. I wouldn't want the Nazi's from the Department of Fatherland Security to charge me with some federal crime, i.e., prescribing natural supplements without the approval of the ghouls at the FDA.

People ask me all the time why can't Americans see what's happening in this country? Why the apathy? Well, a number of reasons: ignorance of the facts, blind loyalty to their political party; they take our freedoms for granted while distracted by meaningless past times likes sports and the mall, as well as being poorly educated on the history of this constitutional republic. I also believe it's because we have a nation of sick and dying people by the millions who are incapable of analyzing the big picture. Americans have been ingesting deadly chemicals into their bodies for decades, courtesy of the FDA. Aspartame is dangerous to your brain; please read this important warning. Aspartame is in most commercial yogurts, diet soft drinks and thousands of food products.

What about fluoride?

Germans and Russians Used Fluoride to Make Prisoners Stupid and Docile

"While a member of the Communist Party, I attended Communist underground training schools outside the City of New York.. Here, under the tutoring of Eugene Dennis, M. Sparks, Morris Chyilds, Jack Kling and others, we were schooled in the art of revolutionary overthrow of the established Government. We discussed quite thoroughly the fluoridation of water supplies and how we were using it in Russia as a tranquilizer in the prison camps. The leaders of our school felt that if it could be induced into the American water supply, it would bring about a spirit of lethargy in the nation; where it would keep the general public docile during a steady encroachment of Communism...We discussed in these schools, the complete art of revolution: the seizure of the main utilities, such as light, power, gas and water, but it was felt by the leadership that if a program of fluoridating the water could be carried out in the nation, it would go a long way toward the advancement of the revolution." Oliver Kenneth Goff, 1957

Americans have been drinking this deadly poison for almost as long as I've been alive. I stopped drinking any tap water 41 years ago; I don't even give it to my dogs or cook with it. A couple hundred million Americans brush their teeth with it everyday, it's in most commercial mouth washes and dentists use it on their patients. So, you have mass ingestion of aspartame, cooking people's brain and destroying their bodies while enriching the big pharmaceutical companies for more drugs to treat the results of aspartame poisoning! Douse the masses with fluoride to make them apathetic, lethargic and unable to resist. In other words, little better than cattle, controlled using the herding technique. I hate to put it that way, but I also hate what's been done to my fellow Americans. Yes, without question, certain drugs and vaccines are safe and they have benefited mankind in remarkable ways. But, that does not excuse the shoddy science being used by manufacturers who cover up the results and then get bad drugs approved by their coconspirators at the FDA.

One emailer, Captain Bobby, kept sending me requests to expose what he calls a lyme disease epidemic. He asked me with deep frustration in his emails why I wouldn't expose this and how people like him are suffering 24/7? If I wrote ten columns a day, eight days a week, I couldn't cover the thousand cuts killing this nation and our people. However, in the mini-master file discussed below, I have included credible information on lyme disease -- including denials that it's even a problem!

Then, there is the real danger from the chemical cocktails being dropped on this country called chemtrails. I've done many columns on this human and environmental disaster; new material is included in the mini-master file discussed below.

There isn't room in this column to list all the articles and studies I have been saving, so what I've done is put them in this mini-master file for you to read over the weekend or when ever you can. Nothing is more important than good health. For you and your family. Also, I strongly recommend you listen to Dr. Sherry Tenpenny during a recent interview on KAJO Radio during the Carl Wilson show. Sherry is an expert regarding vaccines and your right to say no. Every parent in America needs to read her columns and listen to this interview. I have four brothers and sisters. Like our parents, the only vaccines we had were smallpox, diphtheria and polio. I also made sure my daughter received only those three. Thank, God.

How many more Americans will die, have strokes or suffer life long medical problems from deadly chemicals and treatments approved by the FDA? These poltroons in Congress who also own stock in pharmaceutical companies, continue to pass legislation to protect their big $$ donors and dividend checks, while parents try to cope with sick or dying children they love so much. Do you not cry for them? Congress has given these drug peddlers immunity more times than you can imagine to protect them from lawsuits. Look at the hundreds of billions of dollars in settlements, enriching lawyers like former presidential candidate, John Edwards, after these drugs given the "safe" label by the FDA, turned out to be a killer or laid low thousands of Americans by stokes and heart attacks?

Is the head of the FDA (past and present) ever held accountable? NO. They just resign and move on to another lucrative job if there's some heat. How about their lackeys? NO. You can sue the federal government, but it's a nightmare. Why should we the people continue paying taxes for settlements when the people who caused the problem (FDA) are never held accountable?

The honchos at the FDA who do the approving of these deadly cocktails walk around with impunity because they know from past history that these cowards in Congress will not hold them accountable. I believe at the very least, the head of the FDA and his underlings should be indicted by a grand jury for conspiracy to commit murder, reckless disregard for human life and any other charges a grand jury in any of the 50 states can find that applies -- if you could get jurisdiction using the same legal basis as Bugliosi did in his book, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder. It's a slam dunk the corrupt Federal Department of Justice under Attorney General Michael Mukasey, won't lift a finger for justice for the victims.

The FDA pulls these deadly drugs off the market - AFTER people like my brother have a major stroke that almost kills him (VIOXX). Then, the head of the FDA goes back to business as usual and power lunches in DC with his big pharma house buddies and is NEVER held accountable. I say it's long past time these people are held accountable in the criminal justice system. Giving these unelected officials immunity after wreaking such death and destruction on the American people cannot and must not be allowed to continue.

This will NOT happen if the American people vote back in the same incumbents who have done nothing to stop the FDA's madness other than more meaningless hearings. Change cannot happen with the same players. In the meantime, dangerous drugs are still on the market and unsuspecting Americans will die or their health destroyed, requiring them to spend even more money for the pharmaceutical companies (pills) to "treat them." Don't you think it's time to hold Congress and the FDA officials accountable?

Learning links:1 - Master mini-file diseases
    2 - The FDA Has Blood on Its Hands
    3 - Drugmakers go furthest to sway Congress
    4 - Forced mental health screening
    5 - Lawsuit (2000): A good look at what's been going on

© 2008 - NewsWithViews.com - All Rights Reserved

Devvy Kidd authored the booklets, Why A Bankrupt America and Blind Loyalty; 2 million copies sold. Devvy appears on radio shows all over the country, ran for Congress and is a highly sought after public speaker. Devvy belongs to no organization.

She left the Republican Party in 1996 and has been an independent voter ever since. Devvy isn't left, right or in the middle; she is a constitutionalist who believes in the supreme law of the land, not some political party. Her web site (www.devvy.com) contains a tremendous amount of information, solutions and a vast Reading Room.
    Devvy's website: www.devvy.com

Before you send Devvy e-mail, please take the time to check the FAQ section on her web site. It is filled with answers to frequently asked questions and links to reliable research sources.

E-mail is: devvyk@earthlink.net

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd376.htm
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-04-2012 at 06:48 PM.