Page 275 of 835 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 8348
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Homestead Survival

How To Build A Campfire

Scoutmastercg.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Delicious Thanksgiving Apple Braid Bread Recipe

Apple Braid
    by jenna on April 19, 2011

Hi all, I’m Rachael from La Fuji Mama and am tickled to have been asked by Jenna to share one of my crazy concoctions here on Eat, Live, Run! Jenna is very brave! I’ve had apples on the brain lately, partially due to these three handsome little fellas sitting on my counter top waiting for me to decide what they would become.

I love a good apple pie, but wasn’t really in a pie mood. Then, when I woke up one morning craving homemade bread, inspiration struck. Apples + Homemade Bread = An Apple Braid! So I sliced up the apples into pieces,

tossed them with cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice and threw them in the oven to start cooking while I made the dough for the braid.

When the dough was ready, I rolled it out into a big rectangle, then cut each side into strips. Next I spread the apple filling down the uncut center of the dough, and then crisscrossed the strips of dough over the filling to create a braided effect.

The finished braid went onto a baking sheet into the oven until it was a nice light golden brown. Then I brushed a vanilla cream glaze over the hot braid and set the braid aside to finish cooling. This was the hard part—waiting for the braid to cool. But it’s worth the wait, because the glaze will have time to set a bit, and the filling will have time to cool so that you don’t burn your tastebuds off trying to eat a slice!

The whole process is much more enjoyable if you have a sous chef to help out.

Plus, then you also have someone around to help you eat when you finally get to slice into the braid! The cinnamon apple filling encased in a soft, lightly sweet bread with the vanilla cream glaze is like a cross between a doughnut and an apple pie. I don’t know about you, but that combination makes me a happy girl!

Apple Braid

Makes 1 bread (approximately 12 servings)
    Print this recipe!

For the Apple Filling

3 medium-size Granny Smith apples
    3 tablespoons granulated sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
    2 teaspoons lemon juice

For the Bread

2 1/2 cups bread flour
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 tablespoon instant yeast (I prefer SAF Instant Yeast)
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup warm water
    2 1/4 teaspoons vegetable oil

For the Glaze:

1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
    5 teaspoons whipping cream
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Pinch of kosher salt
    Pinch of nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Make the Apple Filling: Peel, core, and slice the apples into thin slices, then cut the slices in half. Toss the apple pieces with the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Bake the apple filling in an 8-inch square baking pan (or 9-inch pie tin) for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. (Note: Do not turn the oven off at this point. You will be using it to bake the finished braid.)

Make the Bread: While the apple filling is baking, begin preparing the bread dough. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the water and oil and mix the dough for 6 minutes using an electric mixer on medium-high speed.

Spray a smooth clean surface with cooking spray and turn the dough out onto the surface. Knead the dough briefly to give it a smooth surface (this will only take several turns of the dough to accomplish). Spray a rolling pin with cooking spray and roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about 12-inches by 16-inches in size. Lift onto a greased baking sheet.

Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each side into strips about 1-inch wide down each side, leaving the center third of the dough uncut. Spread the apple filling down the middle third of the dough. Fold strips of dough into the center, crisscrossing the filling by alternating strips from each side. Lightly press ends to seal, and straighten out the braid with your hands, if necessary, to straighten.

Bake the braid in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the braid cool for several minutes.

Make the Glaze: Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until blended and smooth.

Brush the glaze in a thick coat over the entire surface of the apple braid while it is still cooling. Carefully transfer the braid to a cooling rack set on a baking sheet (to catch drips) to finish cooling and prevent the bottom of the braid from becoming soggy from sitting in any pooling glaze. Slice and serve.

apple braid

How To Make Kit Kat Lasagna: A Kit Kat Lasagna Recipe

Posted by chris on 10/31/12

While scrolling through my Tumblr feed, I came across something amazing. KIT KAT LASAGNA.

After an unprecedented amount of time spent drooling, I did a little internet sleuthing and learned that the amazingness had it’s genesis on an episode of NBC’s Matthew Perry vehicle, Go On.

The people at the show (or their resident social media gurus) were smart enough to take advantage of this concoction’s obvious viral potential, and post an official Kit Kat Lasagna recipe, in the form of a macro, on the show’s Facebook page.

I know, that was too much talking already. So, without further ado, here’s the image:

On top of that, I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that, at the very least, that top layer of Kit Kats is secured with some Marshmallow Fluff.

Now you know how to make Kit Kat Lasagna. Easy peasy.

http://dogandponyshowwebsite.com/how...t-kat-lasagna/

Froot Loop and Crunch Berries Marshmallow Treats Are Real

Posted by chris on 11/8/12

You know what’s awesome?? Making Rice Krispies Treats with other cereal! Now, I don’t know this from personal experience.

Alas, I actually only know it from checking out the photos on DudeFoods.com, but once you see them, I’m sure you’ll feel the same way.

Here’s a treat made with Froot Loops and Crunch Berries:

IN. CRED. I. BLE.

Right?

Learn exactly how to make these Froot Loop and Crunch Berries Marshmallow Treats, and then check out the other excellent offerings from the dudes at Dude Foods.

You’re welcome.

http://dogandponyshowwebsite.com/fro...ource=promoted

Giant 7-Foot-Long Gummi Python

Warning: This post may cause diabetes. When you run out of Halloween candy, maybe one of these will tide you over for the next 11 months. posted about 13 hours ago
    Donna Dickens BuzzFeed posted a few minutes ago

I know, right? Now tell your friends!

Donna Dickens

View this image ›

Via: obviouswinner.com

Vat 19 is trying to kill us all with sweet, delicious flavored gelatin.
    Weighing in at 27 lbs, the gummi python contains 36,720 calories and costs a whopping $150.

View this image ›

Via: obviouswinner.com

Captain Crunch and Froot Loop Marshmallow Krispie Treats

Posted on June 16, 2012 by CouponClippingCook

I was inspired to make these Krispie Treats by a fellow blogger….

One of my favorite pictures of a recipe was of some Trix Krispies made by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic.

The pictures of Kim’s Trix Krispies were so pretty and looked downright magical.

It was such a good idea to use such a colorful cereal to make Krispie Treats that I just had to make some myself.

The two cereals that just happened to jump right off the shelf and into my grocery cart were Captain Crunch and Froot Loops.

Plus, they were on sale at a great price which is the best part for a Coupon Clipping Cook like me.

These Krispie Treats are delicious made into the traditional squares but here’s an idea….

…..try making them into Krispie Treat Pops dipped in candy toppings.

Fun to make and fun to eat too.

So let’s check out the ingredients.

Captain Crunch and Froot Loop Cereal, butter, marshmallows, and….

….candy toppings.

Here’s how to make it
    (adapted from the original recipe for Rice Krispie Treats).

Add the cereal in a large bowl,

and set aside.

Next,

add the marshmallows to a medium size glass bowl…..

……that can go in the microwave.

Add the butter in the bowl with the marshmallows.

Heat the marshmallows and butter in the microwave for about 3 minutes or just enough so that the marshmallows and butter start to melt.

Then stir the marshmallows and butter together until smooth.

Add the marshmallow mixture to the bowl of cereal and gently stir all ingredients together until the cereal is coated.

Coat a casserole dish or pan (13 x 9 x 2 inch pan) with non-stick cooking spray and then add the marshmallow and cereal mixture to it.

Use a buttered spatula, wax paper, or add water to your hands to gently press the mixture evenly into the pan.

Let cool and cut into squares.

An option is the dip the Krispie squares in candy toppings.

Another option is to add water to your hands, roll the mixture into balls, and let cool.

Then add a lollipop stick to each ball,

and….

…..dip them into candy toppings.

Enjoy
    ~

Ultra Yum.

A fun treat for parties.

JUST THE RECIPE:
    Print Recipe
    Captain Crunch and Froot Loop Marshmallow Krispie Treats
    Serves 12

3 cups Captain Crunch Cereal
    3 cups Froot Loops Cereal
    4 cups Miniature Marshmallows (or about 40 large marshmallows, 10 ounce package)
    3 tablespoons Butter
    Non-Stick Cooking Spray
    Candy Topping

Adapted from the original recipe for Rice Krispie Treats.

DIRECTIONS:

Add the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.

Next add the marshmallows to a medium size glass bowl that can go in the microwave.

Add the butter in the bowl with the marshmallows.

Heat the marshmallows and butter in the microwave for about 3 minutes or just enough so that the marshmallows and butter start to melt.

Then stir the marshmallows and butter together until smooth.

Add the marshmallow mixture to the bowl of cereal and gently stir all ingredients together until the cereal is coated.

Coat a casserole dish or pan (13 x 9 x 2 inch pan) with non-stick cooking spray and then add the marshmallow and cereal mixture to it.

Use a buttered spatula, wax paper, or add water to your hands to gently press the mixture evenly into the pan.

Let cool and cut into squares. An option is the dip the Krispie squares in candy toppings.

Another option is to roll the mixture into balls and let cool.

Then add a lollipop stick to each ball, and dip them into candy toppings.

Captain Crunch and Froot Loop Marshmallow Krispie Treats | CouponClippingCook

This is a GREAT SITE "Go Check Them Out

CouponClippingCook

Here Come the Holidays!

Check out these fun and delicious holiday recipes:

Here are some delicious Things:

Bacon Things:

Potato Things:

Cheese Things:

Coupon Clipping Cook