Page 478 of 844 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 8438
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 11 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

DIY Home Decorating

Baked Apple Chips! so easy and delicious...

click here for recipe ---> http://diycozyhome.com/baked-apple-chips/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Keep Your Emergency Stockpiles In Multiple Locations

November 14, 2013 by Frank Bates

At this point, everybody knows how important it is to stockpile food, water and other necessities for an emergency. I can’t imagine anyone saying, following a disaster, “If only someone had told me that I should prepare for something like this.” A few people are well-prepared, many people are somewhat prepared and most people aren’t prepared at all; but nobody can say they weren’t warned that they could be without these crucial items should a crisis occur.
    On the other hand, there seems to be much less awareness of the need to have stockpiles of food, water and other items in at least two different places, preferably three. Even many preppers who have amassed serious amounts of bottled water, canned food, toiletries and a host of can openers, flashlights, batteries, radios, blankets, clothing, first-aid kits and weapons are putting all of their eggs in one basket if they keep everything at the same location.
    A home is a great place to stockpile food, water and other essentials. That’s where I keep my largest supplies, because that’s the place my family and I are most likely to be when the stuff hits the fan. And even if I’m not home at that exact moment, I will probably be in a position to return there shortly.
    My home is not only where I keep the majority of my emergency supplies, it’s also the place that I’ve spent time and money to secure. If a breakdown in society occurs following a disaster, I want to be as prepared as possible to protect my family and belongings.
    But what if my home is destroyed or severely damaged by whatever crisis occurs? If that’s the only place where I have my emergency goods stockpiled (and either I can’t get to them or they’ve been destroyed by the disaster), I will have wasted a huge amount of time and money preparing for the exact scenario in which I find myself.
    If you think people who have failed to prepare are going to feel stupid for not heeding all the warnings, just think how dumb we’ll feel if all our efforts to prepare are wiped out because we put everything in the same place. It is absolutely essential that you keep supplies in multiple locations. If you have a year’s supply of goods at home, keep six months’ worth in at least one other place. If you have six months’ worth of goods at home, store at least three months’ worth at a secondary location.
    Now the question becomes: Exactly where should my second and perhaps third locations be? There are several important factors to consider. For one, these other locations need to be close enough to get to, yet far enough away that they’re unlikely to be affected by the same disaster that just did a number on your home. Just as important, these locations have to offer the same features that your home does — a cool, dry place where food and water won’t be negatively affected by sunlight, moisture and extreme temperatures.
    Of course, it’s up to you to decide where those second and possibly third locations will be, but among the possibilities are a storage unit that you can rent, a root cellar or storage bunker on your property but away from your house, inside a separate building that you own in town, within a building that a trusted friend owns, or buried in a remote area where only you would think to look.
    Finally, as all good preppers know, don’t advertise the fact that you have stockpiled food and water for an emergency in your home and at other locations. People will remember that, and you could have some unwelcome visitors following a disaster.

–Frank Bates

http://personalliberty.com/2013/11/1...ple-locations/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HOW TO MAKE FIRE WITH A GUM WRAPPER !!!! Ask Jeff Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-5bRdq_3OQ

A little AA battery trick they don't want you to know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV6kxQYGVs0

How to Make A Prison Lighter From a Bubble Gum Wrapper. MUST SEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVf2JssdYWg

Dead Lighter Fire Starter - Zombie Survival Tips #18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20IQnUSP060

Homestead Survival

http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/watt.../#.UoWsoOJnOIw

Wattle Garden Beds – Different Ideas (Using Green Tree Branches as a Building Material)

Homestead Survival

http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/upgr.../#.Uobr9eJnOIw

How to Upgrade & Engrave Furniture Project

Using a Dremel tool, stencils, a bit of wood stain and weekend of free time… you will be amazed at what you can create.

Heat Your Room For 15 Cents a Day

November 12th, 2013

The following video shows us an ingenious way to heat a whole room for under 15 cents or possibly even cheaper if you find cheaper candles or maybe larger ones.

It’s simple, here’s what you need:

• Small candles such as the ones seen is the video which are found at Ikea
    • A metal cake pan
    • Two clay planter pots, one smaller than the other
    • A lighter to light the candles

This awesome idea works on convection, which is accomplished by the air moving around between the two clay pots. This helps create a forced air effect which pushes the hot air around the room.

Watch the video below to see how it’s done:

http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/heat-yo...nts-a-day.html