Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    i called and said thanks and told her where the number was posted.
    she said that she had wondered why so many phone calls were coming in all of a sudden.
    I asked about a report in one of the postings on here that ICE was still in the Laurel, Ms., area and she said probably. and i made mention of the post about those who didnt get caught in the raids had apparently came back to work today and maybe another follow up should take place.

My last comment was "you made our week"
    Wow, jamesw, that is awesome!!! Thank you! And that was great that you told her where the calls were coming from. ALIPAC -- YEAH!!

Yeah, they need to do another raid there. Icefan said that that site alone has over 3000 employees. So 600 is peanuts.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    i see no MSM coverage of this raid, the DNC is blocking out the whole thing. lou dobbs is not on the air 4 this one.
    Lou Dobbs is off the air for 2 weeks due to the party conventions.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

stormydane

A video/picture of an illegal trying to come back to work would br "priceless" keep your pictrue phones handy :P

Does the IBEW local have an email or phone number so we can thank them for protecting the working men and women of Mississppi?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I, too, was hoping for Glenn Beck to discuss this. I haven't been able to listen to his radio show this week, so I'm not sure if he's mentioned it on there or not.
    ICEFAN, please verify if what I heard from 3 people at HI is true: I was told that Tuesday morning, some of the illegals were coming down out of the bathroom ceilings, out of 3-phase transformers and out of boxes where they had been hiding since Monday's raid. I heard that they came out of hiding and hit the road running. Any truth to that?
    I agree...they need to hit again. I do know that they are starting to come out of hiding around town...I've seen more Hispanics in the past 24 hours than I had seen on Tuesday. I know that ICE is saying "it's not over," but I wonder what, exactly, that means. Will they hit another employer or hit HI again or just go door-to-door or to Walmart?
    The local paper said Howard should have a press-release on Thursday...can't wait to see what that has to say...."Duh, we didn't know they were illegal."

i dont know what is going up but there are about 200 hispanics,men woman and children, standing out side howards in front of the gaurd shack and between them and the gaurd shack is a bunch of law officers and the news crews just arrived and were pulling out the cameras. watch the news and find out. my husband says it looked like they were about to protest or something. but he said they were just all huddled up.

ok well we found out. they are there to get their checks. but they wont them give to the workers wives or husbands. plus if any of the illegals are there. the ss no. they used are fraud so i guess that means those checks dont belong to them.

stormydane thanks for the update doesn't look like there hiding in fear as the OBLers want eveyone to believe.

Please stay a safe distance in the event of trouble
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    stormydane thanks for the update doesn't look like there hiding in fear as the OBLers want eveyone to believe.

Isn't that the truth. Would love a video of that one on Youtube refuting the OBL's and the Sob stories. LOL

stormydane thanks for the update doesn't look like there hiding in fear as the OBLers want eveyone to believe

I thought the same thing yesterday JimpasZ, when I read about one IA, going to retrieve the SUV from the parking lot, who was briefly interviewed.

They sure don't display any fear when it comes to their high end vehicles and $$$$.

Largest illegal immigration raid takes place in MS

Largest illegal immigration raid takes place in MS
    Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/29/2008 4:00:00 AM

U.S. citizens and legal residents stand to benefit from a recent immigration raid at a Mississippi plant, says an immigration reform activist in that state. According to news reports, it was the largest such round-up in U.S. history. The August 25 raid took place at the Howard Industries transformer plant in Laurel, Mississippi, where nearly 600 illegal aliens were detained.

News reports indicate that all entrances to the plant were sealed by armed Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers, and that some of those arrested were taken to an undisclosed location after being interviewed on site. Company officials defended their hiring practices shortly after the arrests occurred, stating that it "runs every check allowed to ascertain the immigration status of all applicants for jobs."

Dr. Rodney Hunt is president of the Mississippi Federation for Immigration Reform and Enforcement (MFIRE). He is disturbed by reports that illegal immigrants at the plant were filling jobs that should have been given to U.S. citizens and legal residents.

"They include people doing wiring harnesses, [and] painters. These are jobs that Mississippians could be utilizing to take care of their families," he argues. The activist adds that there are reports that "some people were laid off last year and illegal immigrants were hired in their place."

Hunt argues that advocates for illegal immigration cannot continue to use children as an excuse for allowing aliens to break the law. "It's no different from any other person who breaks our laws. Their children suffer. Our prisons are full of lawbreakers whose children are suffering because they broke the law," he continues. "I think we should consider the people who are citizens and...legal residents instead of the illegal people [sic] that are here."

Officials did allow about 100 of the 595 detained workers to return home to their children after being fitted with electronic monitoring bracelets. Many of those who were arrested, however, have already been processed for removal from the U.S. Under Mississippi law, penalties that could levied agaianst Howard Industries include loss of a business license for a year and a ban on state contracts for up to three years.
    http://www.onenewsnow.com:80/Legal/Defa ... ?id=230424