Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree with all of this. In his past, he has stuck a gun in someone elses face in a night club, not to mention countless run ins with the law. His medical issues and personal problems at the time of the shooting should not be of concern to anyone. The facts are simple he was violent before this happened and he is still violent now. He intended to kill Freddy, AL and anyone who saw it happen (Steve).

I plan to be in the court room next week with Barb for closing arguements and the vertic.

Keep us informed, AltoidSteph!

We're concerned and appreciate the non-censored info!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Well, unfortunately I can't leave my house anytime soon to even be at work to get any information/observations. Both my kids became really ill last night.

I will add this. I feel the judge (Judge Carpenter) is being as cautious as possible regarding the trial (not that I don't agree that the jury should have any of that information kept from them). But I think I understand his decisions in that he is (I am assuming), doing everything in his power to prevent any problems with the trial itself (appeals, mistrial, etc.). He presided over a pretty high-profile murder case last year which resulted in a mistrial and there was a question for a while over whether the defendant could even be retried (he was claiming double jeopardy--not certain if that was ever resolved). So, what I'm trying to say is that Judge Carpenter is a good man (I have dealt with him on several occasions through my work) and probably has very good and legitimate reasons for making the decisions he has made with the trial (not that I even personally agree with them). I (we) just have to have faith.

Stephen's little namesake (my son) has not afforded me much sleep in the last 24 hours, so this may not make much sense. And for that, I must apologize again!

Who paid off the judge?

Hope your kids are ok, JennyC.

Thanks for the insight.

My anger with the courts, is that the truth is NOT told to the juries, AND that telling the truth even COULD be considered prejudicial.

Why, PREJUDICIAL? Because it might give the juries the facts to convict. Garbage. If the person should be convicted, then the things used to excuse crime today should not be.

I have friends in Miami, who worked undercover for 1 solid year of their lives on a really big drug case. Their lives were constantly at risk, their family lives in turmoil. This was on a really major king-pin, who had a 2nd home in our city. His poison was causing havoc...a major spike in crime of all kinds, gang warfare and murders, including children killed in drive-bys. This was cocaine, during the 80's. When the bust went down, 5 different agencies were involved. Each group that handled him, gave him his 'Miranda' rights. Just to be sure. So he got them 5 times.

The judge threw the case out because the defense attorney said that was "intimidation", thus misconduct on the part of the police.

My comment was: "Who paid off the judge?"
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Curiouspat,
    I totally agree with your anger at the courts. Don't you sometimes (well, a lot of the time), wish that due process didn't even exist?

Maybe there should be a movement to change the 14th Amendment to only allow citizens the right to due process.

exactly, JennyC.
    TIME'S UP!

the only legitimate argument I can see with them leaving out some of this vital inforamtion is to keep him from getting the death pentalty. If this is his sentace then Mexico can get involved in the appeal process. With the exclusion of his illegal status and most of his previous criminal acts, this leaves the door further open for life in prison with out parol. This way, Mexico perminately keeps there nose where it belongs, out of this case, and Padilla gets what he deserves.

I will keep you posted with what news I get in the following week.

altoid,

Sorry, but IMO Mexico has NO rights in the issue at all. (Yes, I realize that my opinion has NO revelance in today's world).

This criminal jerk, killed Americans on American soil.

I don't know why they have even been allowed a toe in the door. It should have been slammed on them, immediately.
    TIME'S UP!

i feel the same way you do about Mexicos involvement in this case. They never should have even gotten close to this case. Thankfully, all of the channels the prosecution has gone through to keep them out of it have sided with them. Unfortunately, the way the world is today will allow them to get involved if he is sentenced to death.
    There are so many things that shouldnt have been, starting with Padilla in this country. Until we can change what is, we are forced to hope for the best outcome in this situation which is to keep Mexico out of it.

altoid,

agreed!
    TIME'S UP!