Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The benefit will take place Thursday October 13th at Pellegrine's Lounge in Altoona. The show starts at 10pm. There will be 3 bands, Hair Force One, IN, and Green Eggs. The cover is $5. This along with other donations will be taken through out the night. This money will be divided between the families.

Quote Originally Posted by AltoidSteph
    The benefit will take place Thursday October 13th at Pellegrine's Lounge in Altoona. The show starts at 10pm. There will be 3 bands, Hair Force One, IN, and Green Eggs. The cover is $5. This along with other donations will be taken through out the night. This money will be divided between the families.
    That's fantastic. Unfortunately, we'll be unable to attend. I'm now 39 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend just had his appendix removed this morning and is still in the hospital. We both hope that it is a successful evening.

Altoid and Jenny,

Do you have anyone or perhaps a local church group that could set up a website to help the families?

The webiste for the Scott Gardner family worked out really well. Were many children orphaned by these murders?

http://www.gardnerfamilycircle.us/index2.html

We can let our people in the state know about the benefit with the bands, but a website would allow the nation to contribute.

Who is collecting and dividing the money for the families? Can ALIPAC send a check? Is there any way you could put some of our materials out at the event?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unfortunately not all of the members of all of the famlies are in support of this event. Many of the families shared disgust for a billborad that has been put up in memory. I do not believe they would allow or appreciate a website to raise money. Like the billborad, this would be a constant reminder of their lose. It is a great idea though.
    Jenny - If you are interested, track down Monday's Altoona Mirror. There is a story on the front page of the life section regarding the benefit. It was very well written.

What did the billboard say? Was there a writeup about it in the news? What happened? Why are these families not unified?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

honestly, I have yet tot see the billboard. According to my friend, it read something like "we will never forget" and has there names. There was mention of it on the news, i think. I did not se anything on it in the paper.
    I am not sure why the families would not get behind something that is good in relation to the memories of their loved ones, but like I said, I do not know most of them that well.
    But as long as tonight goes well and they see it was not done for publicity, but to remember three men that were lost, and one woman that survived (unfortunately we can not mention her do to the hearing and things), all will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntB
    I'm going to attempt again to compile names and dates of US citizens killed by illegal aliens. Mike Cutler, former border patrol agent, has stated that more of us are killed by them each year than on 9/ll. More are certainly killed by illegal aliens than have been killed in Iraq. Where's Cindy Sheehan on that?
    have you seen the website immigrationshumancost.org?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Event added to homepage and ALIPAC is sending a $100 contribution to the families.

W

http://www.alipac.us/article809.html

This was on the Minuteman blog

http://minutemanhq.com/b2/

We also have a man named Greg Sheehan, who flew out all the way from Altoona, Pennsylvannia to join our border watch. He carries with him a heavy burden: telling the horrific tale of a triple homicide to all who will listen. Greg is a soft-spoken minuteman who is as humble as he is tall. Here is his story:

In late August of this year "Miguel Padilla, the alleged killer, attacked Alfred Mignogna, a local businessman, Fred Rickabaugh, a worker at the veterans club, and Stephen Heiss, a Marine veteran, and killed them in cold blood. Stephen had just returned home from serving in Iraq and jumped in front of his fiancée taking the bullet that otherwise would have ended her life and instead took his. It is terrible enough when a murder occurs, but to have it happen by someone who should not have been here adds to the despair.

Padilla had been living in the US illegally for fifteen years, had a driver's license, a registered car, graduated from Penn-Cambria High School and has been arrested twice before for assault with a knife and illegal possession of a gun.

"This is an example that happens far too often in our country. When police had Padilla in custody during these arrests they contacted Immigration and Customs Enforcement. ICE did nothing and they have no answers to this day. Three murders could have been prevented. It is outrageous for Padilla to go unnoticed in our country for that long, especially with prior arrests. It is hard enough to find illegal aliens, but when they are handed over to federal authorities action needs to be taken" this according to Congressman Bill Shuster of Pennsylvania.

Greg Sheehan needed to do something. He had heard of the Minutemen a year earlier and joined their April watch in Arizona. This week Sheehan and a local CBS television crew travel to East San Diego County to help secure a portion of America's borders hoping to prevent another Padilla from entering illegally.

"Greg is but one of thousands of volunteers nationwide that have been personally touched this national crisis. Having thousands of unknown individuals enter our country each day is an unacceptable risk after 9/11," said Tim Donnelly, Leader of the Minuteman Corps of California.

I am glad Greg is telling the story, but he is telling it wrong. Steve had not been to Iraq, he was a former Marine who was a Corrections officer and had just joined the National gurad. He had actually only been to 1 training session. The girl he saved was his girlfriend, not fiancee, and he pushed her to the ground, he did not jump infront of her.
    Again, I am glad the story of the tragedy and Steve's bravery is being told, but the facts need to be correct, or it's just not the same.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast