Page 147 of 740 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Japanese Want U.S. Bases Out of Okinawa!

Submitted by healthnut4freedom on Tue, 01/24/2012 - 16:24
    This is really outrageous. People ridicule Dr. Paul but these people want us out of their country!
    "A 24-member delegation from Japan is in Washington, D.C., this week opposing the presence and new construction of U.S. military bases in Okinawa. Participating are members of the Japanese House of Councilors, of the Okinawa Prefectural Assembly, and of city governments in Okinawa, as well as leading protest organizers and the heads of several important organizations opposed to the ongoing U.S. military occupation of Okinawa.

The famously stingy U.S. tax payer, frequently seen bitterly protesting outrageously wasteful spending of a few million dollars, is paying billions of dollars to maintain and expand some 90 military bases in Japan (and to make those who profit from such business filthy rich). Thirty-four of those bases, containing 74% of their total land area, are in Okinawa, which itself contains only 0.6% of Japanese land. Okinawa is dominated by U.S. military bases and has been for 67 years since the U.S. forcibly appropriated much of the best land.

The people of Okinawa tell pollsters year after year that they oppose the bases. Year after year they elect government officials who oppose the bases. Year after year they march, sit-in, protest, and demand to be heard. Year after year, the national Japanese government confronts the issue and fails to take any decisive steps to resolve it. Year after year, the people of the United States remain blissfully unaware that, as in so many other places around the world, our military occupation of Okinawa is ruining people's lives."

read the rest at
    OpEdNews - Article: Japanese Delegation Wants the U.S. Out of Okinawa

One of the quotes from the article is about Ecuador's president and how he solved the problem "the President of Ecuador seems to have found the magic formula in his proposal that any U.S. base in Ecuador be matched by an Ecuadorean base in Florida."

http://www.dailypaul.com/207981/japa...out-of-okinawa
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

THE WAR: I think I am going to be sick

Submitted by carpavel on Tue, 01/24/2012 - 15:34

All I can say is I thank you people here on the Daily Paul. When I came here over 4 years ago, it was because of the Income Tax issue. I found it hard to swallow all this talk about liberty and decriminalization of drugs at the federal level and opposition to the war.

Being a Neocon Evangelical Pastor, I questioned if I even belonged here at all. I stuck around because I thought I was going to be able to educate some of you to reality like a good Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin disciple.

What happened I did not expect ... you guys opened my eyes. I won't drone on all that long about these issues but the war ... THE WAR. How could I have been so blind? I did not and could not understand your hatred for THIS WAR. But now I understand.

This WAR is pure EVIL !!! Even until recently I used to think if Dr. Paul could just not speak so loudly about this war maybe he could win. I COULD NOT BE ANY MORE WRONG.

I as a Pastor need to speak against this evil ... it is my duty ... and I am calling out the clergy in this nation to speak up and out against this wickedness. I just watched this video which would explain why so many of our kids are choosing to end their lives then live with what they have witnessed. This is such a national tragedy ... a grievous sin

A MUST WATCH: "On the Dark Side in Al Doura - A Soldier in the Shadows"

THE WAR: I think I am going to be sick | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Chicago Sun Times: Ron Paul's Response to Obama's SOTU

Submitted by cdmsatisfied on Wed, 01/25/2012 - 02:34

By Lynn Sweet on January 24, 2012

Ron Paul Responds To Obama's State Of The Union Speech

"Tonight, President Obama once again showed that he does not represent the fundamental change this country needs."

LAKE JACKSON, Texas - See below for 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul's response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.

"Tonight, President Obama once again showed that he does not represent the fundamental change this country needs. Instead of offering solutions to the problems our country faces, the President was intent on delivering a campaign speech, further dealing in the typical Washington political gamesmanship that has gotten us exactly nowhere close to improving the lives of the American people.

"In a speech where much of the rhetoric was devoted to job creation, it was strange that President Obama would brag about his job-destroying national health care plan, Obamacare, and the Dodd-Frank bill, which, contrary to the President's claims, guarantees future taxpayer bailouts of large institutions. Unfortunately, President Obama's 'job creation' policies amount to little more than continuing to allow government bureaucrats to pick winners and losers, which is a recipe for continued economic stagnation.

"President Obama claims to want an economy where everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same set of rules. Yet he remains committed to the same old system of debt, deficits, bailouts, and cronyism that created our economic problems. The President speaks of giving us energy independence from unstable nations, yet he refuses to allow the type of development needed to achieve this goal, while at the same time his administration hands out favors to the politically connected - those given to the likes of Solyndra, who fail to produce jobs or energy but succeed in ripping off the taxpayers.

Read More: Ron Paul Responds To Obama's State Of The Union Speech

Chicago Sun Times: Ron Paul's Response to Obama's SOTU | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

RT: Ron Paul Starts Campaign to End the TSA

Submitted by SteveMT on Tue, 01/24/2012 - 14:53

Ron Paul starts campaign to end the TSA — RT

Ron Paul starts campaign to end the TSA

Published: 24 January, 2012, 22:05

Ron Paul has long opposed the TSA and has campaigned for its abolishment for years. Following an episode on Monday that left his son, Sen. Rand Paul, stranded in a Nashville airport, the presidential hopeful is asking for help to finally end the TSA.

In most cases, the TSA has responded apologetically and addressed the issue. For Ron Paul, that’s not enough. While a “sorry” might be soothing for some, it has still victimized many Americans, he says. When the TSA wrote of their track record for 2011 in a blog post published earlier this year, they addressed that, even with an $8 billion budget, their “Top 10 Good Catches” of the year included nothing monumental. Instead, rather, the TSA wrote that their best finds of 2011 included a handful of reptiles and, in one instance, the science project of a college student. By the end of the year, the US Travel Association reported that two-out-of-five travelers during the December holiday season were trying to seek other modes of transportation.

On his own site, Ron Paul quotes Rep. John Mica (R. -Fla.), chairman of the House Transportation Committee and co-creator of the TSA, who himself has grown weary of the government agency.

Ron Paul starts campaign to end the TSA — RT

RT: Ron Paul Starts Campaign to End the TSA | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Gallup results: Ron Paul surges into the lead among voters 18 to 34

Submitted by Old Poor Richard on Tue, 01/24/2012 - 21:12

Gallup's national poll of Republican and Republican-leaning independent registered voters reveals Ron Paul surging from 23% to 31% in the 18 to 34 age group, from the week ending Jan 15 to the week ending Jan 22.

Meanwhile Romney dropped from 32% to 26%, putting Ron Paul decisively in the lead among younger voters! Gallup's Frank Newport cautiously writes, "Young adults still show above-average support for Paul."

Gingrich Erases Romney's National Lead <--- LINK

Gallup results: Ron Paul surges into the lead among voters 18 to 34 | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Jon Stewart: The Gingrich Who Stole South Carolina

Submitted by JohnPhillipSousa on Tue, 01/24/2012 - 13:47

Jon Stewart explains for us what happened at the SC debate & primary. Makes as much sense to me as any other explaination! LOL

Indecision 2012 - The Gingrich Who Stole South Carolina - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/23/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

OFFICIAL Campaign Money Bomb End the TSA is LIVE NOW

Submitted by jtbraine on Mon, 01/23/2012 - 23:45

https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/ <---LINK

From Ron Pauls facebook

Ron Paul

Yesterday my son, Senator Rand Paul, was detained by the TSA in Nashville, prevented from making his flight, and missed his commitment to speak at the March for Life in Washington, D.C.

All because he refused to be the latest victim of the TSA’s disgusting full body pat-downs.

I’m proud of my son’s stand, but there are many more who receive this kind of treatment every day – and never have a chance to speak out.

Please, make your most generous contribution today to my End the TSA Money Bomb so I can have every possible resource to win this race, abolish the out-of-control TSA, and lead the fight to keep our nation safe - instead of allowing bureaucrats to continue sacrificing our security for this theatrical sham.

https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/ <---LINK

OFFICIAL Campaign Money Bomb End the TSA is LIVE NOW | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Pensacola for Ron Paul Liberty Jump

Submitted by The Daily Paul
    Mon, 01/23/2012 - 20:12

Pensacola for Ron Paul Liberty Jump | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Marine with Silver Star voting for Ron Paul

Submitted by PKnuckle101 on Mon, 01/23/2012 - 19:07

10 years ago, I was applying to West Point. My brother was 2 years older than me and just working small jobs and playing baseball after highschool. 9/11 happened and (knowing I had researched the different military services) he asked me, "If I want to fight, I mean really get in the fight...what service should I join?"

Later that day, he called my dad and asked for a ride. "From where?" was my dad's response. His heart dropped a little (and my mother's alot) when he said "the Marine Corps Recruiting Station". He had just signed up. He did 4 tours in Iraq. On his 2nd tour he was involved in fighting in Fallujah and helped save his Platoon Commander's life and lead his surrounded unit to safety. This action earned him the Silver Star (3rd highest award for valor in the military). He'd kill me for writing this (he isn't on DailyPaul) because he rarely speaks of that day. But you can read the full story here:
    Heroes: Cpl. Abraham McCarver | America's North Shore Journal

He has never voted. He, like many of us, has been disgusted by politics for years. "They're all the same", he says. Weeks ago, he started asking me about this guy I'm always talking about, Ron Paul. I didn't push him; I just told him to youtube him. He came back weeks later and asked me more- the hook was in. I told him why I have never voted either, and why I will vote for Ron Paul and only Ron Paul.

Today, my brother registered as a Republican in Colorado in order to vote for Ron Paul. Is it sad that I am more proud of him today than when he was awarded the Silver Star for Valor? I don't think so. His vote will save so many more lives than his hands did in 2004.

Marine with Silver Star voting for Ron Paul | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty