Page 426 of 740 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Rule 15b and Romney didn't win Florida or Arizona under it

Submitted by MaxK on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 18:24
    Ron Paul 2012

"Here is the wording of the rule: “Any presidential primary, caucus, convention, or other meeting held for the purpose of selecting delegates to the national convention which occurs prior to the first day of April in the year in which the national convention is held, shall provide for the allocation of delegates on a proportional basis.”

Two states, Florida and Arizona, broke that rule and purported to hold winner-take-all presidential primaries. Gov. Mitt Romney won only pluralities in Florida and Arizona. All of the other states conformed to Rule 15 (b)(2). After April 1, any state may hold a winner-take-all primary, and many states will do so.

Ultimately, the national convention itself has plenary power to enforce the rules, and the convention majority decides how to enforce them. If no candidate has a clear majority of the uncontested delegate votes, enforcement of the rules could become the decisive issue of the convention."

Another problem States have by having early primaries. They not only lose amount of delegates, they can't hold winner take all elections.

Therefore, the necessity of having a substantial number of delegates on the floor to enforce the rules. Florida will try to break this rule, they already said they would try to do so, at the same convention they held that strawpoll last fall where 24% of PAYING delegates - who paid $175 to vote, had their votes "lost" because they changed the time of the straw poll, and closed it before it was suppose to start.

Taken from Redstate, which I don't read, but was sent there by a link - therefore link broken below.
    hxxxp://www.redstate.com/morton_c_blackwell/2012/03/19/delegates/

Rule 15b and Romney didn't win Florida or Arizona under it | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Ron Paul is the GOP's Phantom Menace" -TheRevolutionPAC VIDEO

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 20:52
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

http://RevolutionPAC.com
    | Ron Paul is the GOP's phantom menace as he racks up delegates across the Republic! On this episode we check out the energetic rallies that happened this past week, we have an exclusive interview with Brian Doherty about his new book "The Ron Paul Revolution", we'll deliver some "News You Can Use" and talk to some Chicagoans about Obama officialy entering the race in a new segment we like to call "What are they thinking?" But to kick it off we read from Ron Paul's Delegate Playbook...

GET READY TO EVOLVE!

"Ron Paul is the GOP's Phantom Menace" -TheRevolutionPAC VIDEO | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ben Swann Confirms: Delegates Are NOT Bound, Anywhere! New Reality Check

Submitted by robamichael on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 23:07
    Delegates

Ben Swann's Reality Check may have cleared up our bound delegate question.

The take away is...

The RNC does not recognize a state's ability to bind delegates!!!

Take a look below:

Reality Check: Why all RNC delegates are 'Free Agents' and unbou - FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather & Sports

"(FOX19) - One week ago, Reality Check told you about one reason why the Republican Presidential nomination is far from locked up.

But one blogger says Ben got it wrong claiming "Urgent, Ben Swann and Matt Larson are wrong about Rule 38 and delegates being Unbound based on RNC rules."

So, was Ben wrong after all?

The answer in a Reality Check Reply All."

Ben Swann Confirms: Delegates Are NOT Bound, Anywhere! New Reality Check | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Romney Now Unelectable v. Obama (AUDIO Bullying)

Submitted by James_Madison_Lives on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 00:06
    Ron Paul 2012

FROM: God wants Ron Paul to be President! Romney Now Unelectable v. Obama (AUDIO Bullying) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

The Boston CBS affiliate news radio station has obtained an explosive interview with a Romney high school classmate which brings across a much uglier picture of the bullying of a gay student than has been reported. Romney didn't just participate. The classmate, Phillip Maxwell, calls Romney the "ring leader." Even bullies I knew in high school would have stopped when the kid started crying, and said screw it.

Maxwell says:

"I remember the realization almost immediately that this whole thing had gone too far and it was destructive and wrong, and I think that feeling is shared by everybody who was either involved in it or witnessed it.”
    Romney had his friends pin the boy down while he cut the kid's hair.

Everyone does thoughtless things in high school. But this seems especially vicious. In a general election, Romney's margin should he win is already looking tight. The swing vote which determines the outcome of every election will be especially turned off by this story, and many potential Romney voters will stay home. The gay angle is pretty much irrelevant. Everyone remembers bullies and they don't limit themselves to gays.

Then Romney, true to form, starts lying about it, going from he doesn't remember to he's sorry, but still spinning it as just a "prank" showing he has no understanding of right and wrong whatsoever.

This is manna from heaven for Ron Paul. Nobody, conservative or liberal, likes a bully. Romney has tapped into a deep vein.

The Obama campaign will play pieces of this interview over and over.

Combined with Romney's protesting in favor of the Vietnam draft at the same time he took an exemption from it for being a Mormon missionary, the Obamites have the ammunition to spank Romney like a red-headed stepchild in the general. The Republican base won't be affected, but if the party wants to win in the general election, it had better saddle up another horse, and the rush to put all its eggs in Romney has cut the field to only one alternative. There is no reason to believe the Republican establishment would not prefer another Obama term to Ron Paul and stick with Romney. It's beginning
    to look like blood on the convention floor.

AUDIO: Romney classmate Phillip Maxwell, (WBZ News Radio, Carl Stevens
    reporting, 1 minute 53 secs.)

Source: CBS Boston local "Friend: Romney ‘Was The Ring
    Leader’ Of 1965 Bullying Incident"

VIDEO: "The Chocolate War," trailer

God wants Ron Paul to be President! Romney Now Unelectable v. Obama (AUDIO Bullying) | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Looking for a real delegate count? Look no further, I've done the math for you to share!

Submitted by defe07Ω™ on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 22:30
    Delegates

Guys! I'm very happy to tell you that, contrary to popular belief, or what the MSM says, the delegate count is closer than they think!

When you see CNN, Fox, MSNBC or other networks give out different delegate counts, you should realize there's something really wrong with them! I mean, if they can't even agree on the delegate numbers, how do they expect the viewers to trust them in giving real news, am I right?

So I took a little time off to do a little something I thought was necessary. After hearing and reading about Doug Wead's calling for help and spreading facts instead of attacks, I thought this could start with the biggest and most important element of the nomination: ACCURATE DELEGATE NUMBERS.

Doing my research on which states have allocated all their delegates, which ones have allocated delegates in the district conventions but not yet in the state conventions and states that haven't allocated any, I got to work and started tallying numbers up and down.

OK, not to delay the suspense of waiting for the real delegate count, here it goes like this:

Mitt Romney has 562 delegates

Ron Paul has 204 delegates

866 delegates are either unallocated or unbound (due to Gingrich and Santorum dropping out)

I'll be doing updates on the delegate count due to states allocating their delegates or if I hear anything, so keep your eyes open.

So all I can say is WE STILL HAVE A RACE GUYS! (P.S. if you guys would like to read a breakdown of the delegates per state, you can let me know and I'd be more than welcome to share this with you)

Looking for a real delegate count? Look no further, I've done the math for you to share! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

A truly depressing reality

Submitted by nothappy on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 01:27
    Current Events

Texas

Neocons battling over Ron Paul's seat in Congress makes me truly despressed.

The first sentence says it all: "Ron Paul is a tough act to follow, and the major Republican candidates running to replace him in Congress are not even trying."

Enough to make one cry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/us...nted=1&_r=1&hp

A truly depressing reality | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

This is it... Ron Paul is Retiring from Congress; either you elect this One Of A Kind Man as POTUS or this country is completely in a crap hole for many, many years to come

That is why we are NOT giving up

Our Beautiful rEVOLution

Submitted by Mrs_GRB on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 00:46
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Chris Doss, a patriot in Virginia sent an email tonight asking our district for their votes to make him a delegate.
    I was so moved,impassioned by his writing, I felt compelled to share it with you. God Bless each and every one of you. Peace.

"Ronald Reagan recommended Bastiat's book The Law to everyone, and it's hard to believe that it was written over a hundred and fifty years ago. No one has better described the idiocy of trying to attend to every problem and every detail of society than Bastiat did in The Law.

The last passages of that book sum it up best:

“Away with the whims of governmental administrators, their socialized projects, their centralization, their tariffs, their government schools, their state religions, their free credit, their bank monopolies, their regulations, their restrictions, their equalization by taxation, and their pious moralizations! And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many government programs upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all programs, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.”

Pretending to help people, politicians create the most convoluted – and even counterproductive – programs imaginable. When they don't work, they don't go away; instead, new refinements just keep adding to the idiocy.

The battle between the power of government and the liberty of people is ancient – as old as humanity. Just as Moses admonished Pharaoh to let his people go, we, too, continue the fight for human freedom and dignity against the power of the state.

The vision of our founders is not yet dead – despite the establishmentarians in power in government, the education establishment, and media.

Liberty is an idea that is difficult to put down."

Our Beautiful rEVOLution | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

President Paul is NOT enough...

Submitted by legalizeliberty on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 20:31

Liberty Patriots!
    The Republic will not be restored the day Dr. Ron Paul becomes president.

Vote me down...

But the truth is there is so much work ahead of us in the next few years.

America will need Liberty oriented candidates become elected to all levels of power - from local to federal.

My friend Gigi Bowman runs a site that did so much over the last few years to help elect good people.

Please visit her site:

Liberty Candidates

Tens of thousands visit the Daily Paul every day.

We will need some of you some people out there to have the courage to run for high office.

As Gandhi said "be the change you want to see in this world".

President Paul is NOT enough... | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

If you can't teach Old Dog's New Trick's "You Fire Them" in Mass Numbers and put their mentally Bent in the Head self in the Unemployment Lines

You Are Who You have been waiting for

You can fix what THEY refuse Too

Go America Go!!!!!!

55 years with Ron Paul. Exclusive interview with his better half, Carol Paul, on SchiffRadio.com

Submitted by ronpaul_d_1 on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 01:40
    Ron Paul 2012

As interviewed by Ron Paul.

55 years with Ron Paul. Exclusive interview with his better half, Carol Paul, on SchiffRadio.com | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

YOU ARE WHO YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR ALL ALONG

"There Will Come a Day When The Courage Of Men Fail"

"But It Is Not This Day"
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-19-2012 at 10:34 PM.