Page 78 of 740 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul (LIKE A BOSS): "I'M THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF"

Legendary investor Jim Rogers- "Ron Paul is the only politician that has a clue"

Sen. DeMint: GOP Should Embrace A Lot Of Libertarian Ideas

@1:21 - Laura Ingraham: When you see Ron Paul from Texas coming in with an impressive showing in Iowa, and then comes in second place in New Hampshire, what do you make of that? I just wrote a blog post about this thinking that look, it’s easy for neo-conservatives especially to kind of just dismiss him and kind of make fun of his positions and he’s a nut and all this. But, do you think there are lesson for the Republican Party in the rise of Ron Paul?

@1:53 - Jim DeMint: I’m glad you asked about that because I think one of the things that have hurt the so-called conservative alternative is saying derogatory things about Ron Paul. I don’t agree with him on everything, but he is right about the out-of-control and unaccountable Federal Reserve. He’s right about the need for limited constitutional government and the importance of individual liberty. And I really think the Republican who is going to win this thing—if the capture some of what Ron Paul’s talking about for years. And more and more we can see that what he’s been talking about is true. Again, you don’t have to agree with everything he’s saying, but if the other candidates miss the wisdom in what he’s been saying on monetary policy and limited government, then I think we will see it’s to their determent because the twenty percent or twenty-five percent or so who are supporting him are people that we need in the Republican Party. A lot of them are libertarians, but they’re our natural base. We shouldn’t ignore them.

@3:01 - Laura Ingraham: In effect, couldn’t you make the argument, Senator, that the establishment mentality in the Republican Party that rebranded itself compassionate or American Greatness Conservatism, and now it’s being called big government conservatism—it kind of created this Ron Paul boomlet. I mean it created by extending itself militarily perhaps and extending its spending way beyond its means.

@3:34 - Jim DeMint: Yes. You’re exactly right. And if Republicans don’t embrace a lot of these ideas we’re going to end up with a third party that essentially guarantees that the Democrats are going to win. But the debate in the Republican Party that I’m comfortable with is between conservatives and libertarians. There’s just no room for moderates and liberals when your government is fifteen trillion dollars in debt. We don’t have any money to spend, so it doesn’t make any sense to compromise with someone who wants to grow the government. We need to talk about how best to limit and downsize government. And, what I would like to see is a Republican Party that embraces a lot of the libertarian ideas.

@4:58 - Jim DeMint: [Ron Paul’s] got a lot of energy. And again, he’s got a young following. We may not agree on military and defense—and I don’t on a lot of those things. But, we’re going to end up in the same place if we’re broke. We’re not going to have the ability to defend ourselves and have people all over the world if we don’t have a strong economy. We’re not going to have a strong economy with a big government, whether they are Republicans or Democrats. So, we need to listen to what, it’s not just Ron Paul—the millions of Americans are beginning to realize that we need to return to a decentralized, more individualist type government.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ian_ideas.html

Paul vs. anti-Paul

Said Ron Paul 2012 Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton last night:

“The race is becoming more clearly a two-man race between establishment candidate Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, the candidate of authentic change. That means there is only one true conservative choice.”

Last night was more than a firm second place showing for the 2012 GOP presidential election’s most conservative candidate–it was another strong victory coming out of Iowa for the only true conservative in the race. Some are offended when I insist that Paul is a “true” or “real” conservative because they think I’m implying that the other candidates are not conservative. But I’m not implying it. I’m saying it outright. The other candidates aren’t conservative.

The reason the Gingrichs, Santorums, Perrys and all the rest can savage one another over each other’s liberal voting records is because substantively they’re not much different than establishment candidate Romney. One can easily say that Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Perry, etc. supported the worst liberal ideas of the last decade–Medicare Plan D, No Child Left Behind, TARP, individual healthcare mandates–and then quibble about which of these candidates is slightly exceptionally less horrible than the others because they might have skipped over one of these items. Santorum, for example, brags that he didn’t support TARP. He also wasn’t in the U.S. Senate during TARP. Does anyone really believe the same guy who supported Medicare Plan D, No Child and who promoted individual healthcare mandates wouldn’t have done the establishment’s bidding had he been in office?

Likewise, does anyone–even his harshest critics–believe Ron Paul would have supported any of this big government agenda? Can anyone find an old interview where Paul supported expanding the Department of Education, cap-and-trade, or the bailouts?

Of course not. No “real” conservative would ever support any of that stuff.

Without a doubt, Paul is an unconventional Republican. Any true conservative Republican will inevitably be out-of-step with the current, largely big government GOP left in George W. Bush’s wake. Last night in New Hampshire was another great leap for the Republican Party back in the true conservative direction. At The American Conservative last June I wrote:

“The degree to which Paul has been out of sync with his party and the larger conservative movement has more often reflected where everyone but Ron Paul has strayed from conservative principles.”
    This glaring fact continues to ring true throughout this election.

Let us hear no more of Romney vs. the anti-Romney, but Paul vs. the anti-Paul. Everyone in this race except Paul promises more big government. There’s only one choice for voters looking to escape it.
    And it’s time for the Republican Party to get behind the one true conservative in this race.

Paul vs. anti-Paul*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee