Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Citizens out of work and illegals flooding over our border, seems like things need to change--let's start with the Island, check all workers for legal work status.

Soooo. . .

. . .what's that ethics committee doing now?

Let me blunt--in my opinion--South Padre Island is not controlled by Americans.

In my opinion many places probably are not.

So how many jobs would become available on South Padre Island if they started checking immigration papers on the newly renamed Lieutenant George C Kimble Causeway (formerly known as the Queen Isabella Causeway)?

I believe instantly hundreds of jobs would open up to citizens to support the 40,000 hotel bed industry.

There has been a lot of talk on out-sourcing of American labor and in-sourcing of illegal cheap labor--but who is questioning the in-sourcing of money buying up American property and businesses?

At what point does it become a National Security issue when foreign nationals own a controlling interest in our local or national economies?

South Padre Island becomes an excellent case study to understand such a phenomenon.

Local:
    South Padre Island, TX
    Change
    Cameron County Forum
    Corruption in Cameron County
    Post Comment Share on Facebook
    Comments
    Posts 1 to 3 of 3
    RUBY PEREZ | Sep 23, 2008 | Reply
    I have been living in cameron county for about 2 yrs now and it is so messed up. Cops get bribes from drug dealers. Sheriffs are in favor of those who are able to pay them easy money. My father is sitting i jail for 40 yrs while the guilty one enjoys life. In the court room of janet leal alot of things went wrong.. I even saw a juror talking to the DA so wuts up with that who can I reach to stop this injustice? I mean Conrado Cantu was best friends with Omar lucio . What makes you think that he isn't the same.
    Omar Lucio | Nov 20, 2008 | Reply
    RUBY PEREZ wrote:
    I have been living in cameron county for about 2 yrs now and it is so messed up. Cops get bribes from drug dealers. Sheriffs are in favor of those who are able to pay them easy money. My father is sitting i jail for 40 yrs while the guilty one enjoys life. In the court room of janet leal alot of things went wrong.. I even saw a juror talking to the DA so wuts up with that who can I reach to stop this injustice? I mean Conrado Cantu was best friends with Omar lucio . What makes you think that he isn't the same.
    Why you daddy's in jail bitch! Your daddy wasn't in the click!
    formerdeputy | Nov 29, 2008 | Reply
    Omar Lucio is losing his mind. Gus Reyna will be running the show before too long. Omar and Conrado were not friends. When it is announced that the oher bad guy Gus is running the show think twice...he has his own way.. and don't think that parents are free of sin. It is the same if I were to have arrested your kid for whatever and we tell you that we have proof that he or she is in a gang and you still say they are angels....
    http://m.topix.com/forum/county/cameron ... RBI7DV8GRC

JUDGE WATCH: Galveston Judge Samuel Kent Still Set for Trial on Jan 26 But With Big New Charges »
    JANUARY 7TH, 2009
    Jail Watch: Drop in the Bucket as Cameron County Jail Guard Caught Smuggling Drugs Into the Big House
    Down in Cameron County, which is right on the Tex-Mex border, there was a Big Bust last month: a detention officer (read that, jail guard) was busted for smuggling drugs into the county jail (better known as the Carrialez Rucker Detention Center).

Seems the Evildoing Guard was caught as he met with two guys and took possession of a bunch of marijuana that he was going to cart into the jail. This Evildoing Guard had the misfortune (read that, stupidity) to meet with an undercover DEA agent and a “confidential sourceâ€

SAUL OCHOA

Ochoa, a Cameron County constable, faced a petition for removal in 2008 after he was arrested and convicted of selling marijuana confiscated in drug seizures. He was sentenced to 57 months in prison. According to news accounts, Jose Maldonado Jr., who was appointed after Ochoa was ousted, was elected in November 2008 but agreed to resign in early 2009 rather than face criminal charges involving public intoxication and allowing a friend to fire his county-issued pistol in the air. A criminal investigator with the Cameron County district attorney's office was then appointed as the new constable.
    SOURCE: Dallas Morning News research

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... b868e.html

5 killed, 5 injured in weekend border violence
    Five people were killed and five more were injured during separate weekend attacks in Tamaulipas border cities.

An explosive device blew up near a home in the Los Cumbres neighborhood Saturday night in Reynosa. Five people were injured — two men and three women, including one child, according to Tamaulipas state police. The attack reportedly occurred on Third Street. State authorities continue to investigate.

State police also reported five gunmen were slain during a clash with the Mexican army Saturday afternoon in Comales, a community south of Camargo. Federal authorities continue to investigate the incident.

No further details were immediately available about either clash.
    http://m.themonitor.com/monitor/pm_4806 ... d=rZcao7cA

Comments
    ARIZONA’S REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR BREWER TWEETS AFTER SHOOTOUT “CONTRARY TO WHAT SOME LEADERS SAY, OUR BORDERS ARE NOT SECUREâ€