Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In the woman's story she claimed to get $7,000 to pay smugglers. This is very interesting as today's front page of the Miami Herald shows a starving child and how people are starving in Guatamala. Very interesting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I did send the author an email -

Here is the response I got today:

I only told her story. I leave it to the readers to decide if she's monstrous or not.

D

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:30 PM
    To: Ovalle, David
    Subject: Mother's journey ends with charge of killing her baby

You have an excellent, descriptive writing style. Now, please change the name of the "mother" from "Maria" to "Susan". Change the "home town" from somewhere in Guatemala to somewhere in very rural Appalachia a few years ago.

Why does this illegal immigrant get such prosaic coverage of her "unfortunate situation" when "Susan" would simply be charged, prosecuted and jailed with no attention paid to her sorry lot in life.

Susan Smith drowns her kids and she's a "monster". Maria kills her newly born child and she's a "victim of her circumstances". I think not!!!

I have never had 7,000 dollars in my life do these people get that kind of money by starving their families, stealing it or selling drugs for it? It always amazes me how they get the cash to give to the smugglers yet they say they are starving in their countries, what is the deal here?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

What a sad story, but I agree that was NO reason to let her baby die.

But I don't think she is a monster, she is just an ignorant confused young women who reacted in the same way she was probably handled as a child.

It doesn't matter how many years she spends in prison, she will have the rest of her life to regret it, which I believe will be more painful than jail itself.

I don't know the woman so I can't comment on her but I can say that I have seen killers with remorse and then those who can kill people like we kill flies and have no remorse what so ever.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am getting sick and tired of little children being killed by their mothers and fathers like they were just an annoying insect! there are so many people who are unable to have children who would have took this baby for their own and gave it a good life. The arrogance of people who would choose to kill a child rather then doing the right thing and putting thier baby up for adoption astounds me.It seems that here in America, if parents choose to do away with their children for one reason or another, all the sympathy seems to be with the killers instead of the small victims. As long as you make sure it is your children you kill it seems to be accepted by many. Do you think if this woman or Andrea Yates had chose to kill someone else's children they would then garner so much sympathy as they did for killing their own children? I think not! I have sympathy for this "poor" besotted woman, my sympathy is for the little child she chose to murder instead. I say put them away for the rest of their sorry miserable lives as they have nothing to give to society or to themselves.

I don't know about the killing of someone else's child. We had one who shot and killed a teenager who was swimming in the apartment complex pool and he didn't live there. The woman who was Cuban was arrested, got out on bail as it happened in the 70's or 80's and she took off. They caught her earlier this year and there were people who wanted some leniency for her as she was now a senior citizen. Can you believe it? In the end the judge gave her no leniency and she will die in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I don't know about the killing of someone else's child. We had one who shot and killed a teenager who was swimming in the apartment complex pool and he didn't live there. The woman who was Cuban was arrested, got out on bail as it happened in the 70's or 80's and she took off. They caught her earlier this year and there were people who wanted some leniency for her as she was now a senior citizen. Can you believe it? In the end the judge gave her no leniency and she will die in jail.
    How unusual to see a Judge who actually did the right thing! He won't last long.

Move to NEW Section for "Americans Killed by Illegals."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12