Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Made calls this morning

McConnell - Voting NO - good idea suggested here to call McConnell as minority leader and let him know we will hold him partially responsible for convincing Repubs to vote NO - I requested aide tell McConnell to let all Repub senators know we will consider a vote FOR cloture a vote FOR amnesty. They CANNOT vote yes on cloture, then no on Dream, and try to claim they voted against DREAM. Won’t work.

Kay Hagan - against DREAM, but aide didn’t know how she’ll vote on cloture. I encouraged aide to pass along a message: a vote for cloture IS a vote for DREAM. Period. Senators know if cloture passes, DREAM likely passes. They can’t have it both ways, not anymore.

LeMieux - got VM, left message

Brownback - DC VM full, called Topeka office, left VM

Susan Collins, Maine- aide said she voted against cloture last week before bill tabled…?? I thought bill was tabled before any cloture votes last week. Maybe aide meant she voted to table, but that’s different. Some pro-amnesty senators also voted to table.

Olympia Snowe, Maine - hasn’t released a statement

Baucus , Montana - aide said Baucus has always voted against amnesty in past, tho no statement yet

Tester - usually voted against amnesty in past, but no statement yet (update - it sounds like tester is now a NO since this morning)

Kent Conrad - got VM, mailbox full

Sen Voinovich - DC and most local offices busy, finally got someone in Toledo

Judd Gregg, Vermont - aide said Sen Gregg does not think this DREAM bill should be coming up in lame duck

Kay Bailey Hutchison - very difficult to get thru this am to any offices, all lines busy, finally got thru but put on hold, then call kept disconnecting
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthhurts111
    Calling a Senator or Congressman who does not represent your state or district is beyond pointless. It is a complete waste of time. Even if the staff member listens to you, that is as far as it will go. They only represent the residents of the state or congressional district they were elected to represent. All you will do is make it harder for their actual constituents to get through.

They don't want your comments. They don't care about your comments. Call YOUR senator or congressman.
    It is absolutely NOT pointless or a waste of time. Today when I called, fewer of them even asked for city or zip code. I think maybe they have got our message that a good percentage of calls they get in favor of DREAM are from foreign nationals who are not even supposed to be in our country, and who should have NO say at all in our legislation. Legal U.S. citizens should have more say then illegals, even if they live in another state.

Also those illegals, even if living in the senator's state, supposedly can't vote for the senator anyway, unless they're voting illegally. I also remind the senators of that.

This DREAM nightmare will affect ALL legal U.S. citizens, whether we live in the senator's state or not.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by rwright
    I faxed Bill Nelson's office and I changed my number that is sent out with my faxes before I sent it.

His fax number in DC is 202-228-2183!
    I got an email through to his DC office, using www.congress.org.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

WE NEED ALL ALIPACERS ON NIGHT CREW ALL NIGHT TONIGHT PHONE CALL BLITZING AND FAX BARRAGING!!!!!! WE CANNOT GIVE UP THIS FIGHT UNTIL THE VOTE AT 10:30AM TOMORROW MORNING!!!! WE NEED ALL OF YOU CALLING, CALLING, CALLING, FAXING, FAXING, FAXING THOUSANDS OF TIMES!!!! LET'S GO ALIPACERS!!!!!!!!!

kysteelgirl wrote:
    Let's all pray hard tonight.
    Will be praying.

Luke 2:11, it is written, "Unto us is born in the City of David a Savior, Christ the Lord."
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Still making calls.

Luke 2:11, it is written, "Unto is born in the City of David a Savior, Christ the Lord."
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just Faxed all the Senators again!

Yes...I'm up late, but this issue is too important to sleep on -- literally and figuratively. I just spent the last 2 hours faxing each Senator again. For those 3 Senators without fax numbers, I emailed them again! aah....I hope we prevail, I hope we prevail... I hope we prevail...

{the posting time is wrong...it's 0200 Saturday morning PST}
    America for Americans!.....goin' after 'Anchor Babies' next!

Re: Just Faxed all the Senators again!

Quote Originally Posted by TYWINKY
    Yes...I'm up late, but this issue is too important to sleep on -- literally and figuratively. I just spent the last 2 hours faxing each Senator again. For those 3 Senators without fax numbers, I emailed them again! aah....I hope we prevail, I hope we prevail... I hope we prevail...

{the posting time is wrong...it's 0200 Saturday morning PST}
    Welcome to ALIPAC TYWINKY!! Thanks for your hard work overnight--I hope and pray we prevail!!

Calls

Sorry I forgot to report this yesterday. I called Sen. Grassley's D.C. and Des Moines offices. I called Sen. Harkin's D.C., Des Moines, Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, and Sioux City offices, as well as leaving a message at his Davenport office. I asked them both to vote No on cloture for the DREAM Act. I thanked Sen. Grassley for his oppostion, and I asked Sen. Harkin to vote No since it is wide open to fraud as it contains no enforcement provisions and puts the burden of proof on the government as opposed to the applicants. I think the vote is just minutes away. I am hoping and praying that cloture is rejected.

WE WON THE BATTLE!! BUT NOT THE WAR YET.

REMEMBER THIS LIST OF SEN. / HOUSE MEMBERS AND VOTE THEM OUT WHEN THEY ARE UP FOR REELECTION, DON'T LET AMERICA FORGET WHAT THESE TRAITORS TRIED TO DO TO AMERICA AND USED YOUR TAX DOLLARS AGAINST YOU TO SUPPORT ILLEGALS AND NOT SUPPORT YOU.

ANOTHER BATTLE IS TO PRESSURE BORDER ENFORCEMENT AND DEPORTATION. EVERYDAY THE BORDERS ARE OPEN, THE STRONGER THESE ILLEGALS GET. AMERICA NEEDS TO GET CONTROL OF ITS BORDERS AND GET ON THE PATH OF RESTORING OUR ECONOMY.

DREAM Act Defeated on a 55-41 Senate Vote

Today, Senators defeated, by a 55-41 margin, the biggest amnesty attempt since 2007. In 10 years, no Amnesty bill has made it to the President's desk, and that streak has now been extended. Thanks again for your tremendous faxing/phoning efforts over the past 24 months!

Updated Saturday, December 18, 2010, 11:30 AM EST - posted on NumbersUSA

Congressmen Who...

* Sponsored the DREAM Act
    Updated Monday, December 6, 2010, 11:47 AM EST - posted on NumbersUSA

Sponsors of the DREAM Act
    Sponsors of Senate Version (S.729)
    Count: 41

* (AR) Lincoln
    * (CA) Boxer
    * (CA) Feinstein
    * (CA) Honda
    * (CO) Bennet
    * (CO) Udall
    * (CT) Dodd
    * (CT) Lieberman
    * (DE) Carper
    * (DE) Kaufman
    * (FL) Nelson
    * (HI) Akaka
    * (HI) Inouye
    * (IL) Burris
    * (IL) Durbin
    * (IL) Jackson
    * (IN) Bayh
    * (IN) Lugar
    * (IA) Harkin
    * (MD) Cardin
    * (MD) Mikulski
    * (MA) Kennedy
    * (MA) Kerry
    * (MI) Levin
    * (MN) Franken
    * (MN) Klobuchar
    * (NV) Reid
    * (NJ) Lautenberg
    * (NJ) Menendez
    * (NM) Bingaman
    * (NY) Gillibrand
    * (NY) Schumer
    * (OR) Merkley
    * (PA) Specter
    * (RI) Reed
    * (RI) Whitehouse
    * (VT) Leahy
    * (VT) Sanders
    * (WA) Cantwell
    * (WA) Murray
    * (WI) Feingold

Count: 137
    * (AZ) Grijalva
    * (AZ) Pastor
    * (AR) Snyder
    * (CA) Baca
    * (CA) Becerra
    * (CA) Berman
    * (CA) Capps
    * (CA) Chu
    * (CA) S.Davis
    * (CA) Eshoo
    * (CA) Farr
    * (CA) Filner
    * (CA) Garamendi
    * (CA) Harman
    * (CA) Lee
    * (CA) Lofgren
    * (CA) Matsui
    * (CA) Miller
    * (CA) Napolitano
    * (CA) Nunes
    * (CA) Richardson
    * (CA) Roybal-Allard
    * (CA) Li. Sanchez
    * (CA) Lo. Sanchez
    * (CA) Schiff
    * (CA) Sherman
    * (CA) Speier
    * (CA) Stark
    * (CA) Thompson
    * (CA) Waters
    * (CA) Watson
    * (CA) Waxman
    * (CA) Woosley
    * (CO) DeGette
    * (CO) Perlmutter
    * (CO) Polis
    * (CT) DeLauro
    * (CT) Himes
    * (DC) Norton
    * (FL) Brown
    * (FL) Castor
    * (FL) L.Diaz-Balart
    * (FL) M.Diaz-Balart
    * (FL) Grayson
    * (FL) Hastings
    * (FL) Meek
    * (FL) Ros-Lehtinen
    * (FL) Wasserman Shultz
    * (GA) H.Johnson
    * (HI) Abercrombie
    * (HI) Hirono
    * (IL) Davis
    * (IL) Gutierrez
    * (IL) Jackson
    * (IL) Quigly
    * (IL) Rush
    * (IL) Schakowsky
    * (IN) Carson
    * (KS) Moore
    * (LA) Cao
    * (ME) Pingree
    * (MD) Cummings
    * (MD) Edwards
    * (MD) Sarbanes
    * (MA) Capuano
    * (MA) Delahunt
    * (MA) Frank
    * (MA) Lynch
    * (MA) Markey
    * (MA)McGovern
    * (MA) Neal
    * (MA) Oliver
    * (MA) Tierney
    * (MA) Tsongas
    * (MI) Conyers
    * (MI) Kilpatrick
    * (MI) Levin
    * (MN) Ellison
    * (MO) Clay
    * (MO) Cleaver
    * (NV) Berkley
    * (NJ) Andrews
    * (NJ) Holt
    * (NJ) Pallone
    * (NJ) Pascrell
    * (NJ) Payne
    * (NJ) Rothman
    * (NJ) Sires
    * (NM) Heinrich
    * (NY) Ackerman
    * (NY) Clarke
    * (NY) Crowley
    * (NY) Engel
    * (NY) Hinchey
    * (NY) Israel
    * (NY) Lowey
    * (NY) Maffei
    * (NY) Maloney
    * (NY) Meeks
    * (NY) McCarthy
    * (NY) Nadler
    * (NY) Rangel
    * (NY) Serrano
    * (NY) Tonko
    * (NY) Towns
    * (NY) Weiner
    * (NC) Price
    * (NC) Watt
    * (OH) Kucinich
    * (OR) Blumenauer
    * (OR) Wu
    * (PA) Brady
    * (PA) Fattah
    * (PA) Sestak
    * (RI) Kennedy
    * (RI) Langevin
    * (TN) Cohen
    * (TX) Cuellar
    * (TX) Doggett
    * (TX) Gonzalez
    * (TX) A. Green
    * (TX) G. Green
    * (TX) Hinojosa
    * (TX) Jackson-Lee
    * (TX) E.Johnson
    * (TX) Ortiz
    * (TX) Reyes
    * (TX) Rodriguez
    * (VA) Scott
    * (VA) Moran
    * (WA) McDermott
    * (WA) Larsen
    * (WA) Smith
    * (WI) Baldwin
    * (WI) Moore

Main bill sponsors in BOLD

S.729/H.R.1751

Today, Senators defeated, by a 55-41 margin, the biggest amnesty attempt since 2007. In 10 years, no Amnesty bill has made it to the President's desk, and that streak has now been extended. Thanks again for your tremendous faxing/phoning efforts over the past 24 months!

According to numbersusa.com these are the Senators and members of the House that supported Dream Act.

Please keep a list of these people and lobby to have them removed from office for the ones that are up for re-election in the 2012. Don't forget how these traitor's tried to sabotage your Country.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast