Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by pacificrk
    I'll say it again....there are 2 issues of concern:

1. It's your choice of words that caused most of the outrage:

"...we know Glenn Beck is against Amnesty. Or at least he was over the last few years."

The words obviously have a sarcastic past tense implication, unfair to Glenn Beck.

"...Some 9/12 Groups are Open Borders"

The implication here is obvious. You can find bad apples in just about any group, some of them intentionally planted, but that does not justify labeling the entire group as bad. I look forward to finding out which 912 "groups" are open borders advocates. It's simply not part of the 912 mission statement.

2. Your (our) cause needs all the supporters it can get, and no amount of emotion should be allowed to result in burning bridges to potential supporters. Your timing to release your "research" right before the 9/12 March is a poor decision. Again, you would be punishing a large body of valuable activists by unduly insulting them and painting them with a broad negative brush, and all parties will lose to negative publicity. ALIPAC needs the millions of 912 supporters on their side, and whatever Dick Armey and Freedomworks does is irrelevant in this argument against 912. And Dick Armey is just Dick Armey. I'm not even sure he is a proper representative for all that Freedomworks believes in.

I see Freedomworks as a conservative group that seized an opportunity to assist The912Project with their march, and grassroots citizens of The912Project willing to accept the help, likely not knowing about or even thinking about, what Dick Armey has to say about illegal immigration. If any part of his pro-amnesty views should bleed into the upcoming march, his butt would be kicked to kingdom come, and he would have no place again in any 912 event.

Full disclosure: I am a Tea Party coordinator, a committee member and supporter of multiple 912 groups, a GOP member, a Townhall activist, and a member of many other similar groups and causes. Believe it or not, I even support Freedomworks, but Dick Armey is not my master, and I hold no allegiance to him.

DON'T MAKE ANY DECISIONS YOU WILL REGRET. I DON'T WANT TO BE ON THE GIVING END, OR THE RECEIVING END OF UNFAIR CRITICISM.
    I am not going to shy away from telling people the truth out of any fear of crtiticism by those that want more people in DC no matter what.

Illegal immigration should be present as an issue in the march and it is not. The not so funny thing is that is exactly what the Open Borders Lobby wants for the next year going into the elections.

I am not going to let that happen if I can help it.

The information that has been gathered on this has mostly come to us over the last week.

If you or anyone else wants to make the claim that it is 'wrong' for us to release it at this time or any time, go right ahead.

If there are 9/12 supporters that would no longer support ALIPAC or would not consider supporting ALIPAC because we point out that Dick Armey and Freedomworks (The Primary Organizers of the 9/12 DC events) are pro Amnesty then fine.

Gee, illegal immigration has been sanitized from these events and no immigration enforcement leader or speaker has been invited to participate and the whole show is being organized by Open Borders advocates.

Do you think there is a relationship?

And how dare you make the claim that all of those fine 9/12 patriots should march into DC and be kept in the dark about this?

Many of the 9/12 participant would be disturbed to know this information, but that does not mean they should not know this information.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw120556
    I am not saying Dick Armney is not involved in the march on DC, I am saying he has nothing to do with the 912 organizations.

Go to http://www.meetup.com/The-Columbus-Ohio ... tup-Group/

Or www.ohiolibertycouncil.org

You will not see Dick's name anywere nor will you see anything pro-amnesty.
    That is one of the points we need to make bmw120556.

Whereas our earlier view was that the 9/12 movement, which we have encouraged our supporters to check out and consider joining, was an independent movement encouraged by Glenn Beck, now well financed open borders and amnesty supporting DC insiders are working hard to co-opt the 9/12 movement.

They are stacking the deck with pro Amnesty groups while excluding groups against Amnesty.

What do you think their advise and counsel for Glenn Beck and those they gather contact info for will be?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Bring on the facts , The facts are what empower those that lead . And motivate those that act .
    As long as the i is dotted and the t is crossed , why would any of you fear the Facts .
    Our case against Illegal Immigration is based on Fact . Not freakin emotion , fear , or Drama .

I am member of ALIPAC and TeaParty and gosh, I can't see
    what all the big ruckus is about. Its all kinda silly.
    I thought that first notification was fine.
    Hey, our agendas dont all mesh together perfectly but in many ways
    they do overlap. Perhaps we should worry about ALIPAC's functions
    independantly anyway. I think I will contact my fellow TP members
    send a note to Glenn Beck for him not to get his panties in a wad.
    We are on their side...America's side. Of course it would be better
    if we could pool together collectively like the Open Boarders groups
    have done. Strength in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We are finding lots of stuff that most 9/12ers will disagree with on the immigration front among the top groups organizing this thing in DC.

It will take time to compile it all.

Perhaps you folks could help me by posting your first and honest reactions to these two items about retired Congressman Dick Armey

Dick Armey is the top personality behind the curtain on the 9/12 marches. Glenn Beck is the man out front. This is Dick Armey of Freedom Works the national organizer of the 9/12 marches.

VIDEO
    http://reason.tv/video/show/183.html

Numbers USA Grade of C at better immigration.com
    http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &retired=1

Please let me hear your honest reactions to those items.

W

Honest reaction off the top.

The OPPOSITION to the Tea Party movement has singled out Dick Armey and Freedom Works, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, FOX news, etc. and has critiqued the movement as being supported by the "extreme" right wing, and as not being non-partisan and as not being an actual grass-roots movement, and labeled it an astroturf phenomenon. They have used Dick Armey as a prime example of these supposed attributes. He is a target of opportunity for criticism by the opposition.

If I was not objective, and I didn't know better, I would have to assume that your statements were from the opposition to the movement. That is exactly what it SOUNDS like, although I know that not to be true, and not your intention.

Perception is very important to the multitudes of people in this country who do not read between the lines, who do not seek to understand the root of problems, who are easily mislead, and are impressionable.

And vote their hearts and not their minds.

You already know these things.

Labeling, categorizing, and stereotyping are methodologies.

Agendas are behind methodologies.

Again, this situation is a slippery slope in various emerging movements and causes, or those that have been around awhile.

A couple of questions:

Is ALIPAC pro-war or anti-war?

Is the 9/12 movement environmentalist or anti-environmentalist?

Is ALIPAC pro-global warming or anti-global warming?

I hope this helps.

Re: Armey: We're Marching on Washington Against Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Armey: We're Marching on Washington Against Obamacare

NewsMax ^ | 8/18/09 | Rick Pedraza

Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:49:36 AM by Sammy67

Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey is organizing a march on Washington against the Obama administration’s healthcare plan that he hopes will finally finish off the Democratic push for socialized medicine.

The march, organized by Armey’s political group FreedomWorks, is scheduled for Sept. 12 and is already generating hundreds of thousands of responses, the Texas Republican tells Newsmax.TV. The group is isn’t providing transportation, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem.

See Video: Fomer House Majority Leader Dick Armey talks about the movement to defeat Obamacare

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2318856/posts

I don't know that I would indicate Newsmax as a credible source, necessarily. On the other hand, you might want to read the long list of comments attached to your link.

They might just be more eye-opening, if you are looking past the headlines, that is.

"Quote"
    A couple of questions:

Is ALIPAC pro-global warming or anti-global warming?"

These questions are irrelevant. We are focused on 1 thing here at ALIPAC;
    illegal immigration, and any way that it might impact our country.
    The other issues you mention are exactly that, other issues.

In case anyone hear has not been able to get updates on the Tea Party movement, as well as the Tea Party express, here are some related websites.

http://teapartypatriots.org/

http://www.californiateapartypatriots.com/index.htm

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt
    "Quote"
    A couple of questions:

Is ALIPAC pro-global warming or anti-global warming?"

These questions are irrelevant. We are focused on 1 thing here at ALIPAC;
    illegal immigration, and any way that it might impact our country.
    The other issues you mention are exactly that, other issues.

So, what you are saying is that ALIPAC should not get itself involved in other issues, or other movements?

Such as the March on Washington on 9/12?

I watched it again...

Just watched it again, and I don't appreciate being called harsh
    because I feel as if we Americans have been harshly, and
    knowingly, invaded from the inside out, and our generosity has
    been taken advantage of for way too many decades now.
    I never have trusted Armey. Let him speak, he will probably
    shoot himself in the foot and a backfire effect might be a good
    thing. Regardless, I still respect Glenn Beck and will continue to
    do so unless proven I should otherwise beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    In my very humble opinion, I think ALIPAC should simply organize
    our own rallys, and try it's best to not step on the toes of
    other groups with similiar but not identical agendas.
    Hey, we need some rich guys to sponsor ALIPAC funtions.
    Rich People...where are you??

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast