Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Responds to attacks and addresses major news networks

Media CEOs, Show Hosts, and Producers:

I am writing today to express my alarm at a great threat to Civil Rights in America. I spent many years electing some of the first minorities and women to public office in North Carolina. My Civil Rights experience includes voter registration and voter transportation efforts, where I personally led campaigns to register minorities and students to vote and offered transportation for special populations under the auspices of the North Carolina Democratic Party, where I once served as a statewide and auxiliary officer.

Civil Rights are under great threat in America for two dominant reasons that involve your news network corporation, your show hosts, and your show producers.

Recently, your network has been approached by organizations such as the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), Anti-Defamation League (ADL), National Council of La Raza (NCLR), Media Matters, and the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund (MALDEF), asking you to suppress free speech in America by excluding guests they disagree with politically.

Their claim is absolutely ludicrous.

I have spent years working in politics and on Civil Rights campaigns. My organization, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) is multi-ethnic, by both design and practice. During most of my talk radio show presentations, I clearly state that stopping illegal immigration will require Americans of every race, party, and walk of life coming together to represent the 80%, we consistently see in polls, who want immigration enforcement.

I spend a great deal of time working with Hispanic and Black leaders who share serious concerns about illegal immigration and our work together has been documented in the media.

Of course the ADL did not mention this to readers of their attack piece on me that falsely claim I'm willfully working with and imitating hate groups. I can find no existence of any racist "codes" or hate group "play book" prior to these attacks by the SPLC.

You would think that if racism was my motivation, instead of the hundreds of other reasons a person should be concerned about involving illegal immigration, that some kind of solid evidence would have emerged in the hundreds of radio shows I've been on, or my numerous appearances on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and CBS, or in the over 40,000 comments I have made online, or in my 15 years of public service. No such evidence exists and I'm certain that appealing to all races to join your organization and work together is not in the mysterious and non-existent "play book" of hate groups found deep in the files of the SPLC and ADL!

Using the faulty logic of these groups, their use of six degrees of separation and extremely loose associations, each one of us as American citizens are vulnerable to their attacks.

And let us be completely honest here, these groups want to silence their opposition. Furthermore, they want to take away the jobs and public standing of any American who opposes their agenda. By forcing Americans who express their opinions on these issue into association with the KKK and Neo Nazis, these groups are attempting to create a Clear and Present danger of violence against undeserving Americans forced into association with groups that would murder people because of their race or religion.

A new attack piece on my character and organization ALIPAC, released by the SPLC recently, contains nine different false statements in their six paragraph article. We are issuing a media advisory today as the SPLC has thrown their credibility away in their rush to try and silence non-racist Americans and groups! Please ask your staff to contact those that are being attacked here to do some fact checking. These groups are banking on the hope that you will not do that, as their deception is easily revealed upon proper inspection.

You can't successfully fight racism and hate by engaging in suppression of free speech. These groups have exposed themselves as liars and have exposed that their main objective is not Civil Rights.

I welcome open debate with them on an even playing field. Their use of the race card and attempt to silence debate is an act of desperation and weakness. They are doing this because they lose this debate on legal grounds, moral grounds, rational grounds, and in the court of public opinion.

Due to the abuses by these groups and the loss of their credibility, as once credible advocates for tolerance, racism and racial justice issues are suffering.

Each time they throw the false racism charge at someone, without substantial proof, the words lose their meaning. They are devaluing the language and crying wolf while labeling most Americans, of any race, the wolves!

One has to wonder why these groups are focusing most of their time attacking people opposed to illegal immigration, instead of decrying the increasing number of murders of black Americans in Los Angeles, who are being shot on sight by illegal alien gangs. Just last week a young African American football star and a six year old African American child were gunned down in the escalating racial violence.

Racism is prejudice against people for biological reasons they cannot change. This is not the case with illegal immigration, as illegal aliens are being judged on their willful violations of many US laws. Illegal aliens come from all nations and represent every race.

The ADL, SPLC, and NCLR are constantly inserting race into the immigration debate, while groups like ALIPAC, FAIR, MCDC, and NumbersUSA issue constant impassioned plea for racists to stay clear of the debate and successful calls for all races to participate in our groups.

While groups on our side eagerly state that we support legal immigration but oppose illegal immigration, the ADL, SPLC, and NCLR engage in anti-immigrant behavior by combining both groups.

As the spokesman of a nation organization that represents many legal immigrants and many Hispanics, the behavior of these radical left groups are both racist and anti-immigrant. How insulted would you feel, if multi-million dollar groups continued to equate you with a large group of people who intentionally engage in a pattern of criminal behavior?

These pro-amnesty groups have sacrificed their credibility, engaged in anti-immigrant and racist language, attempted to silence debate and suppress Civil Liberties of Americans, while putting leaders in danger of violence through their abuses of the truth. They have put their core missions against racism on the back burner, to seek political and financial gain from illegal immigration.

I hope that each of you will disregard, repudiate, and rebuff the ADL, SPLC, Media Matters, and the National Council of the Race attempts to silence us.

If the major networks of CNN, MSNBC, and FOX choose to join CBS, ABC, and NBC with the silence that prevailed before 2005 on this issue, then your credibility will suffer, while you create a larger black market for truth in America.

Americans will notice that only the pro-amnesty side gets on TV and they will seek alternative news sources, while increasing their distrust of the corporate media that has failed to deliver enough critical information on this topic. The censorship and political distortion, which already permeates many networks is already at astounding levels.

For America's Democracy and for our Republic for which the flag stands to function, then free speech must be protected. The Constitutional protections that the corporate media enjoys are there to assure that the American electorate is fully and accurately informed about what is happening in the country.

Please explain to these groups that you are not their propaganda wing and that they do not have the power to dictate who may or may not be on news programs.

Tell them you will not be clearing your guests with them before or after news shows feature speakers that represent the majority American view in favor of immigration enforcement over Amnesty.

If you have any doubts about the motivations of these groups, just ask them which groups and leaders that oppose their views they feel are not racist. That is a rhetorical question because we all know the answer is they feel all of their opponents are expediently racists!

We gladly encourage all news show hosts and reporters to point out, when they make claims of racism, that "our guest has made this accusation, but has not provided any credible evidence for the charge." or "we looked into this groups claim and found they misrepresented the facts."

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration PAC ALIPAC
    www.alipac.us

SEND LIST

Mr. Jim Walton
    President CNN Worldwide
    1 CNN Center
    Atlanta, GA 30303
    Fax 404-878-1727
    Email: jim.walton@turner.com

Mr. Jonathan Klein
    President CNN U.S.
    1 Time Warner Center 5th Floor
    New York, NY 10019
    Email: jonathan.klein@cnn.com

Mr. Richard Davis
    Executive Vice President of News Standards and Practices
    1 CNN Center
    Atlanta, GA 30303
    Fax 404-827-5453
    Email rick.davis@turner.com

Viewer Response Line/Comments
    Call 212-275-7800 ask for Viewer Response Line

FOX NEWS
    Mr. Roger Ailes
    Chairman and CEO
    1211 Avenue of the Americas *corrected*
    New York, NY 10036
    Email roger.ailes@foxnews.com

Mr. Bill Shine
    Senior Vice President Programming
    1211 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10036
    Email bill.shine@foxnews.com

Mr. Brian Lewis
    Executive Vice President Corporate Communications
    New York, NY 10036
    Fax 212-819-0816
    Email brian.lewis@foxnews.com

Public Feedback
    Yourcomments@foxnews.com

MSNBC
    Mr. Phil Griffin
    Senior Vice President of News
    30 Rockefeller Plaza 3rd Floor
    New York, NY 10112
    Fax 212-664-2264
    Email phil.griffin@nbc

Lou Dobbs
    Anchor and Managing Editor of CNN's "Lou Dobbs Tonight"
    One Time Warner Center
    New York, New York 10019
    212-275-7800
    Email http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?9

Glenn Beck
    "The Glenn Beck Program" CNN Headline News
    One Time Warner Center
    New York, New York 10019
    212-275-7800
    888-727-BECK
    Email me@glennbeck.com

Bill O'Reilly
    "The O'Reilly Factor" Fox News Channel
    New York, NY 10036
    888-369-4762
    Email oreilly@foxnews.com

Hannity and Colmes
    Co-hosts of "Hannity & Colmes" Fox News Channel
    New York, NY 10036
    888-369-4762
    Email Hannity@foxnews.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great letter W. Do you want us to start dog piling on them?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Added to the homepage with the following note

ALIPAC NOTE: This is our response to the WeCanStopTheHate(dot)org attack on free speech by the ADL, SPLC, Soros Media Matters, and National Council of the Bronze Race (NCLR). All Americans concerned about illegal immigration are encouraged to read this letter, write your own version, and send it to the contacts listed at the end via e-mail and regular mail.

http://www.alipac.us/article3025.html

ALIPAC has a sizable group of Blacks and Latinos with no more partiality to having their rights violated with an amnesty for the illegal aliens than are the rest of the majority of America's population.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)