Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Where's the proof?

Quote Originally Posted by recce1
    Despite al the heated and convoluted rhetoric Mr. Gheen, you have failed to prove your point that Americans are being FORCED to learn Spanish.

That stated, I believe our educational system should require students to learn another language by the time they graduate from high school. In that I include computer languages. But then I also believe that our schools should also teach the 3Rs; reading, writing, and arithmetic as the basis for advancement to higher learning including the sciences, history, and liberal arts. That includes being well grounded in the English language, which should be the official language of our country. Yet some educators, or perhaps I should use the term facilitators, believe that relating, representing, and reasoning would be a better system. Yet such a system is usually a matter of socialization, victimization identity, and politicalization. The result has often been students ill prepared for institutions of higher learning or for the business world but ready to take to the streets to demand government handouts.

By the way, as a conservative Hispanic who believes that the Constitution says what it means and means what it says I believe that the very first duty of the Federal government is to protect our borders from invasion. Its second duty is to protect the benefits and rights of citizens. Thus allowing open borders; sanctuary cities, states, or organizations; and allowing medical, educational, or welfare benefits other than emergency ones are a dereliction of duty and impeachable offenses. Those who are illegal immigrants are by definition criminals and should be deported regardless of the time here, thier economic distress, or the number or age of children, particularly if they demonstrate against our country.
    All you need to doi is look around and you will see it. From sesame street to just the way people talk and all the Spanish words that crop up. The worst is in getting a job. I know I was denied a job because I don't speak Spanish. I remember on talk show years ago they were talk about a job for a janitor. The application was entirely in Spanish. On of those people who don't speak Spanish turn the application expecting to see the English form. It was blank. He asked for the English aplication and was asked what is the matter with you why don't you know the language? How many Americans have been denied employment just because they don't speak Spanish? I was told it is the demographics, well I think the demographics in America is Eglish.
    Samantha

Re: Where's the proof?

Quote Originally Posted by recce1
    Despite al the heated and convoluted rhetoric Mr. Gheen, you have failed to prove your point that Americans are being FORCED to learn Spanish.

That stated, I believe our educational system should require students to learn another language by the time they graduate from high school. In that I include computer languages. But then I also believe that our schools should also teach the 3Rs; reading, writing, and arithmetic as the basis for advancement to higher learning including the sciences, history, and liberal arts. That includes being well grounded in the English language, which should be the official language of our country. Yet some educators, or perhaps I should use the term facilitators, believe that relating, representing, and reasoning would be a better system. Yet such a system is usually a matter of socialization, victimization identity, and politicalization. The result has often been students ill prepared for institutions of higher learning or for the business world but ready to take to the streets to demand government handouts.

By the way, as a conservative Hispanic who believes that the Constitution says what it means and means what it says I believe that the very first duty of the Federal government is to protect our borders from invasion. Its second duty is to protect the benefits and rights of citizens. Thus allowing open borders; sanctuary cities, states, or organizations; and allowing medical, educational, or welfare benefits other than emergency ones are a dereliction of duty and impeachable offenses. Those who are illegal immigrants are by definition criminals and should be deported regardless of the time here, thier economic distress, or the number or age of children, particularly if they demonstrate against our country.

Forced to speak Spanish

I know it is not about America but how many pople know that Cubans original language was not Spanish. It is something I shall have to look into. Anybody know more about this?

Samantha

Re: Forced to speak Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha55
    I know it is not about America but how many pople know that Cubans original language was not Spanish. It is something I shall have to look into. Anybody know more about this?

Samantha
    Haitian Creole (Version of French)

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Samantha, there were a few jobs I missed too because you had to speak spanish. I'm talking simple factory jobs and in no way should spanish have been required. Their reasoning was that it was because most of their employees spoke spanish. What a slap in the face to any American citizen!! They should have just said "we cater to illegals."

Forced to learn Spanish

Obama wants us to learn Spanish. Nevermind that its the immigrants who are REQUIRED to learn English but refuse to do so. THIS IS AMERICA, AND ENGLISH IS OUR LANGUAGE. I dont WANT TO OR HAVE TO speak spanish. [/b][/quote]

I don't care what Obama says or what he does. I refuse to learn Spanish, even if I go to jail. As far as being bilingual I have that beat already because I am trilingual. I know English, Greek and ASL (American Sign Language).

For those who do not know this University of Arizona accepts ASL for the language requirement. ASL is a real language. If that is not enough and I am expected to learn Spanish for whatever reason the answer is an answer that was used by the Spartans in war. That is a huge Oxi or for those of you who don't speak or read Greek that means NO. I refuse to learn Speanish.

Samantha

Re: Forced to speak Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha55

Samantha
    Haitian Creole (Version of French)

Dixie
    Thanks Dixie,

I have always wanted to know what the Cuban language was before they spoke Spanish. I think that is info all of should know.

Samantha

[quote="Kiara"]Samantha, there were a few jobs I missed too because you had to speak spanish. I'm talking simple factory jobs and in no way should spanish have been required. Their reasoning was that it was because most of their employees spoke spanish. What a slap in the face to any American citizen!! They should have just said "we cater to illegals." [/quote

I saw a talk show a long time ago but its message is still good today. Someone wanted to apply for a janitorial job and when given the application he saw it was in Spanish with nothing on the other side. When asked for the English version he was told he needed to learn the language. Oh, this was in the USA. This is another job that should have said "we cater to illegals.

I like to watch BBC America. They have been using this slogan which is "We speak English". I think that is interesting.

Samantha

Banned
    Ill never learn it.They can kiss my@$$ thank em very much.

I believe the question that needs to be asked is if the person is an illegal immigrant how do they get a drivers license in the first place. If you don't have a social security number you cannot get a drivers license. Many find the answer by identification theft, using another person's social security number. Many times they use the social security number of children and sometimes even using the social security number of their American born children. That way they can get a social security number and all the other things you can get with that number.

Quote Originally Posted by slantedplanet View Post
    I'm glad you brought up the issue about road signs. I've been to the drivers license bureau and overhear many hispanics getting their license, and it's obvious they are spanish-only speakers. I guess the test they take is in spanish, too.

So, how do they read the road signs when they're only in English? I doubt if they're able to read any warning signs, etc. Maybe that's why my auto insurance is so high. That, and the fact that there are so many uninsured drivers in Texas. I don't understand how they get away with it.

I wanted to instigate a little tax revolt of my own, so I didn't renew my registration when it was due (made me feel like a real outlaw). But it made my husband too nervous, and he ran down and got the registration.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast