Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

http://www.news-record.com/content/2011 ... oreign_ids

House panel OKs restrictions on foreign IDs
    ArticleComments (3) Wednesday, March 23, 2011 (Updated 12:55 pm)
    By The Associated Press
    What do you think? 3 comment(s) Read other visitors' comments and post your own. RALEIGH (AP) — Photo identification cards issued by the Mexican consulate would no longer be considered valid ID to prove North Carolina residency for state services in legislation going to the House floor.

A judiciary committee agreed today to remove those cards from a list of documents that can be used to establish residency to get a driver's license, obtain auto insurance or enroll in Medicaid. The change also would apply to similar cards issued by foreign governments.

Opponents of illegal immigration say the cards are unreliable to provide identification, pointing to federal law enforcement warnings. Supporters of the cards say they lead to improved relations between governments and Hispanics.

The bill passed on a 7-4 vote. The committee defeated an amendment that would have restored the ID use to get auto insurance.

CommentsView & Submit Comments

Submit Comment
    PanaceaMarch 23, 2011 - 1:21 pm EDT I think that's just as well. For the life of me, I don't know why a foreign government should be allowed to have a say in who's a resident of this state. And I'm quite sure Mexico would not accept my North Carolina driver's license as proof of residency in Cancun.
    Reply to this comment johnodrakeMarch 23, 2011 - 1:40 pm EDT It's about time!
    Reply to this comment Mr. JMSMarch 23, 2011 - 3:32 pm EDT " Supporters of the cards say they lead to improved relations between governments and Hispanics."
    If you really want to improve relations between our countries, STOP CROSSING OUR BORDER ILLEGALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    http://www.news-record.com/content/2011/03/23/article/house_panel_oks_restrictions_on_foreign_ids

House panel OKs restrictions on foreign IDs
    ArticleComments (3) Wednesdy, March 23, 2011 (Updated 12:55 pm)
    By The Associated Press
    What do you think? 3 comment(s) Read other visitors' comments and post your own. RALEIGH (AP) — Photo identification cards issued by the Mexican consulate would no longer be considered valid ID to prove North Carolina residency for state services in legislation going to the House floor.

A judiciary committee agreed today to remove those cards from a list of documents that can be used to establish residency to get a driver's license, obtain auto insurance or enroll in Medicaid. The change also would apply to similar cards issued by foreign governments.

Opponents of illegal immigration say the cards are unreliable to provide identification, pointing to federal law enforcement warnings. Supporters of the cards say they lead to improved relations between governments and Hispanics.

The bill passed on a 7-4 vote. The committee defeated an amendment that would have restored the ID use to get auto insurance.

CommentsView & Submit Comments

Submit Comment
    PanaceaMarch 23, 2011 - 1:21 pm EDT I think that's just as well. For the life of me, I don't know why a foreign government should be allowed to have a say in who's a resident of this state. And I'm quite sure Mexico would not accept my North Carolina driver's license as proof of residency in Cancun.
    Reply to this comment johnodrakeMarch 23, 2011 - 1:40 pm EDT It's about time!
    Reply to this comment Mr. JMSMarch 23, 2011 - 3:32 pm EDT " Supporters of the cards say they lead to improved relations between governments and Hispanics."
    If you really want to improve relations between our countries, STOP CROSSING OUR BORDER ILLEGALLY.

I would be willing to bet that a lot of these same people felt differently during the civil rights movement the democrats here in North Carolina had no use for black people then and they don't have any use for them now. but they will go the extra mile to help in the fight for Illegals from Mexico to receive all that they demand from a country that they are in "ILLEGALLY" and, I know that I am speaking the truth here so might as well tell it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    I am speaking the truth here so might as well tell it like it is.
    "You always do LSC, you always do!" Usually I have to cover my eyes!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12