Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call on Congress to Override Likely Bush Veto!

Friends of ALIPAC,

We need thousands of calls, e-mails, and faxes in the air immediately to defend against a Veto of the Transportation Funding Bill by President George Bush.

Bush has made it clear that Open Borders and Amnesty for illegal aliens are key parts of his agenda.

While we celebrate the Senate vote to yank funding for his Mexican truck pilot program, it is likely he will attempt to veto this bill, to reverse that gain for our side.

While the Senate voted 74-24 to pull funding from the project, this does not mean that each Senator will stand up to Bush to override his Veto.

"override of a veto - The process by which each chamber of Congress votes on a bill vetoed by the President. To pass a bill over the President's objections requires a two-thirds vote in each Chamber. Historically, Congress has overridden fewer than ten percent of all presidential vetoes. "
    Source
    http://www.senate.gov/reference/glossar ... a_veto.htm

While form letters, e-mails, and faxes help, ALIPAC's policy is to encourage each citizen activist to craft their own distinct messages that contains key points we provide.

E-mails and faxes that are identical have less of an impact and are more likely to be screened out electronically in Congressional offices.

ALIPAC also encourages our activists to make calls because we feel that calls which are reinforced with e-mails, faxes, and letters are the most effective form of contact with lawmakers.

Please review our Lobbying Tips found in the ALIPAC Action Panel, which is on the top blue tool bar at www.alipac.us

LINK TO LOBBYING TIPS
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=25

Please launch your calls today! We need thousands of calls made on Thursday and Friday of this week! If you cannot act until next week, please make sure you do this so your efforts weigh in.

Please begin....

Step 1:

Contact All of the members of the US Senate, starting with your own Senators, who voted YEA for the Dorgan Amendment to cut off funding for the Mexican truck program. (See Vote List and Contact List Below)

Tell them....

"I want to thank Senator ______ for voting yes on the Dorgan Amendment and canceling funding for the Mexican truck pilot program. Nobody believes that these Mexican trucks will be adequately checked at the Border by the Bush administration and this will lead to the importation of more addictive drugs and illegal aliens. Allowing Mexican trucks into the US will also place American drivers at risk and cost American truck drivers jobs and wages! Please ask Senator _______ to override any attempted VETO by Bush. Stop the Mexican trucks! Stop a Bush Veto!"

Step 2:

Contact all of the US Senators that voted NAY against the Dorgan Amendment, which will cut off funding for the Mexican truck program. (See Vote List and Contact List Below)

Keywords to use = Senator's Name, Mexican Trucks, Drugs, Illegal Aliens, Terrorists

By associating Senators by name, with support for Mexican trucks that will carry drugs, illegal aliens, and possibly terrorist into America, YOU WILL GET THE ATTENTION OF THESE SENATORS.

"I am calling to complain about Senator _________'s vote against the Dorgan Amendment. Why is Senator _______ voting in support of unsafe Mexican trucks entering the US, when nobody expects them to be properly searched at the border? Please ask Senator ______ to stop supporting Mexican trucks that will contain illegal drugs, illegal aliens and possibly terrorists and terrorist materials. Please ask Senator _______ to vote to override a Bush Veto, if Bush tries to protect his Open Borders program for Mexican trucks!"

Step 3:

Please follow each call with an e-mail, fax, or letter repeating your version of these messages. By calling and then sending in a written version, you will enhance the impact of your efforts.

PLEASE FOCUS YOUR CALLS ON THE SENATE

Here is the list of how each Senator Voted on the Dorgan Amendment.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 527#472527

Here is our contact list for the US Senate
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63874

You may post your message to these Senate offices at this link, view the messages of others, or post questions if you need assistance from our online activists.

Let's Rumble and all of us can work together to Stop Bush's Mexican Truck Program, and the illegal aliens and drug gangs looking for an easier ride into the US!

The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

will do
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Sending out faxes and emails as we speak! No way we are going to let a veto stand!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I am on it!!
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

Please post samples of your messages and emails here so others from around the nation can see them and take examples from them.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Faxed Traitors Cornyn and Hutchinson

calling now!
    We the People. You the Invader

OK , Lets go get em "ALIPAC TEAM" rally your friends and families also, we need alot of pressure on this one, we can not afford to lose, lets nip it in the bud NOW! get it over with because we have so many more things to fight.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here is my letter. Will send more.

Dear Honorable Lautenberg,

I would like to thank you for voting YES on the Senator Dorgan's Amendment, which will cancel the funding for the Mexican truck pilot program.

American's thank you for putting their safety first, because it would be utterly impossible for all the Mexican trucks to be throughly inspected at the Mexican border. This would put our country at risk for more illegal drugs, illegal immigrants, gangs, weapons, terrorists. traffic accidents ect.. the security risks go on and on!

Security risks are not the only thing that threatened by allowing Mexican trucks on U.S. roadways. The very livlihood of our American truck drivers could be hurt by loss of jobs and depressed wages!

I am urgently requesting that you take these issues into account and VETO any attempt by President Bush!

American safety is in your hands!

Stop the Mexican trucks! Stop a Bush Veto!"

April
    I am on it!

I called Sen Gregg and Sununu (NH). When I spoke to to their local offices, it must have been just message takers because none of them even knew what the Dorgan amendment was-even after I explained what it was they still seemed perplexed. Anyway at the local offices I expressed my displeasure on their nay votes, the reasons why and also if I could count on them to vote to override the veto. They could not answer and referred me to DC. Only the local-Manchester office for Sununu-the gentlemen said he will try to find out Sen Sununu's reasoning for voting no and call me back.

When I called Sen Gregg's office in DC, I was told by the gentleman that "Sen. Gregg has not shared his reasoning with him for voting no". I asked him if he could find out the reasoning as I was curious as to why he would not cut funding on a program which would put dangerous Mexican trucks on the road which will make it easier to smugggle illegals, drugs and terrorists into our country. He seemed a little miffed and took my info and said he will find out. I plan on following up.

I also called Sen Sununu's DC office to find out why he would vote against this. He has a pretty good record voting against amnesty and for securing our borders. The gentleman told me that the reason he voted against the Dorgan amendment was that the language was too "restrictive". He says he voted for the Cornyn anmendment and that requires that trucks be inspected every 3 months? Big deal. I could not get anymore specifics. He did not know how Sen would vote on a veto override. I asked for more info about the restrictive language he will "try to find out" .

I am not surprised by Sen Gregg as he voted for amnesty. Sen Sununu is up for reelection and his seat is in one of the most in danger. If Jeanne Shaheen runs(God help us), it is going to be a real battle.

I am now going to E-mail and fax, then move on to other states.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast