Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ebay states the following:

We don't allow listings that promote or endorse discrimination against any individuals or groups on eBay.

Yet eBay lists over 2,374 listings for the game series, "Grand Theft Auto" in which players attain life points by beating a woman (hooker) to death with a baseball bat.

eBay lists 1,689 listings for various Eminem products, CDs, posters, DVDs, clothing, etc. Among Eminem's misogynist and violent offerings is this song called "Kim" that he wrote about his ex-wife. The lyrics include this nice little ending....

HAHA, gotcha! Go ahead, yell
    Here I'll scream with you,
    AHH SOMEBODY HELP.
    Don't you get it b*tch?
    No one can hear you, now shut the F up and get what's coming to you.
    You were supposed to love me.
    Now bleed b*tch, bleed!
    BLEED B*TCH BLEED!
    BLEED!
    As a woman, I am highly and grossly offended by both of these examples of eBay's willingness to exploit women just to make a buck.

It's fine to allow the sale of items which promote violence and murder against half the world's population, but eBay is afraid of offending illegal aliens and their apologist supporters with the offering of a joke costume?

Unbelievable.

I refuse to ever shop at Target again and I will encourage others to not shop there again. I will no longer use Ebay as a site to buy or sell. And as for the costume......let's see.

Jumpsuit died orange
    Stencil and paint for the words "illegal alien"
    Cardboard painted green with the words "green card" painted on it and then laminated and attached to the suit.
    Alien mask

I think we have this covered. I know alot of people that can throw a costume like this together. Are they going to come and arrest us for wearing it? Give me a break. These bleeding hearts are more than I can stand anymore!!!!

We don't allow listings that promote or endorse discrimination against any individuals or groups on eBay.
    So eBay believes in space aliens and don't endorse individuals and groups who are discriminating against them.

Strange corporate policy.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal Alien Costume

This is too funny ! Of course e-bray and goggle never stopped to think how popular this costume will be now !!

I was gonna go as a Border Patrol Officer then I thought of Jose Compean & Ignacio Ramos..... well I don't want to get arrested for no good reason !

Then this illegal alien costume idea popped up it is PERFECT I sure as heck won't have to worry about being arrested.
    <div>If you don't love America feel free to leave, our Southern borders are easy to slip OUT or IN through.</div>

This is just too much

The BIG picture is this - Why the hell is anyone who is an American worried about insulting millions of people who are willfully breaking the law by being in our country. Of course just being here starts a long list of how illegals have hyjacked the U.S.A. and our way of life. Aside from that - The biggest problem facing ALIPAC and those of us who support its efforts is political correctness. Who could have imagined that it would ever be wrong to stand up against crime out of control and that you could be labeled a racist by just believing in Americans. Who ever thought that if you are a public servant displaying the flag of the United States of America that you could be suspended for displaying offensive material.

Several posts make great points about the very offensive material being sold on Ebay - from sex toys to sexual performance enhancement drugs. Its all about money which leaves me even more confused. It is proven that at least for illegal Mexicans, they spend their money on the bare necessities and wire the rest out of country. Illegal Mexicans are not spending their tax free paychecks at our nations retailers. I will never understand why corporate America caters to them in such a degrading way to the rest of the free world. Some retailers who have walked that road no longer exist. I would like to see Target on that list.

Its ok to have the costume of a Nun, Anti-Christ, murderer, even a member of the KKK - but an illegal alien is just too much for America to take ?? I wonder how many people political and non-political just have a guilty conscience about what we have allowed on our shores and how many know that they cannot go anywhere. The Democrates have no prayer of re-election without them. Politics and money - and at ANY cost.

Agree, mlretail. It has turned into anything goes, unless you make too much noise--and only for the profit margin, no matter how many American citizens end up suffering. Greed is good, said the movie Gordon Gecko character, referring to the Go-Go 80s stock market. Unfortunately, greed is better than ever these days, but unfortunately it has now been colored by being PC on behalf of persons that have no right to be in this country, many of whom are using every social service with no payment ever forthcoming.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amazon.com removed the listing for the "Alien Adult Costume" within the last couple of hours. Although the costume was supposedly sold out earlier in the day, amazon in the end didn't just state that it was "sold out" or "currently unavailable" as they typically do -- amazon completely deleted the web page so that now all that appears is a message stating "We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site" should you happen to find an old link pointing to the page that once displayed the costume. Amazon's product search no longer includes the costume in the returned product list either.

People were using the customer review section to debate the the illegal alien issue. From what I could tell, it looked like the controversy was started by an initial onslaught of pro-illegal supporters with typical comments (thinly disguised as reviews) about "no person is illegal", xenophobic, racist, bigotry, etc. I wrote a reply to one of these, but then there was no place to post it after I got it written. Anyway, it seems that the pro-costume reviews were being rated about 70 to 4 "helpful" (meaning in reality positive, I think) before amazon went into their protect the illegals mode and deleted the page.

A couple of years ago, at the urging of the HSUS I sent an e-mail to amazon objecting to them selling material that promoted and encouraged animal fighting which is illegal in most -- if not all states. The only thing I received in response was a canned reply stating that amazon's business practice was to make products available that their customers wanted to buy and that they would not stop selling the material. Although, their business practices may be inconsistent when it comes to providing customers with what they want; at least it is consistent in amazon putting itself and select lawbreakers above the law.

Actually, my first impression of this particular costume was that it was poking fun at those opposed to illegal immigration because it played into the "Illegal alien? Where do you think these people come from? Mars?" mentality that I've ofter heard from the illegal promotion crowd. I think the illegal crowd either over-reacted or was just looking for yet another way to ram it all down our throats. Regardless, it saddens and infuriates me that Americans are so easily and foolishly giving up their essential traditional values --even freedom of expression -- to placate the PC mongers.

Right, BlueHills. The costume is great as a political snark. Aliens--sure from Russia, Latin America or Tasmania, or probably the space aliens were upset by all of it are protesting, as the costume sure looks like a space alien showing a recently-purchased greed card (a very big one).
    If this is not the prime example of how our most successful companies don't want to upset the apple cart for all the riches they can get from space aliens, I am not sure what could be more silly and absurd.

E-Bay is worried about offending illegal invaders, but freely sells a CD that promotes the "uprising of Aztlan":

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-sealed-Aztlan-U ... 1c04420c54

Here's a description of the CD:

http://www.smartartpress.com/products/a ... olonize-cd

According to E-Bay's stated policy, they need to quit selling this item, in order to avoid offending a group. That's because this CD discriminates against Americans. That's a pretty large group.

In all fairness

If these venues are going to be fair, then they need to ban all such items for all sellers. Thanks for the links in the thread so that I could point out the hypocrisy on ebay and report all the others as offensive, as well, including the AUG CD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast