Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The section of the 1996 law is 8 USC 1623 and it reads

“…an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit…â€
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Way to go everyone!!!!LETS MAKE SURE THEY HEAR US ROAR!!!

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Gordons office said they were not sure if it was going to come up for vote, so I said well if this bill S-1036 passes you better get ready to offer in-state tuition to my granddaughter who is a U.S. citizen and lives in Idaho, because it is federal law, Re- Immigration Nationality Act, this could save my daughter alot of money as my granddaughter can live with me and go to school here ummm he didn's sound happy with that senario..

I don't think they like us knowing about the law

!
    Yeah they would hate to have to help American citizens out, and no they do not like us to know the law or our rights it messes up their agenda!

They get around that loophole by requiring at least 3 years and graduation from a NJ K-12 school. Stupid, if you ask me, since HS graduation is a requirement for college for ALL students.

If this travesty passes, you can bet the illegals who attended a US school for less than 3 years will be whining about it and demanding in-state tuition too. The only fair way to do is NO in-state for illegal aliens, they should pay the international student rates.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

LET'S ROLL IT ALIPACERS -- WE NEED EVERYONE'S VOICES AND FAXES ALL MORNING THIS MORNING!!!!!!!! THE MORE YOU CALL, THE MORE OF A CHANCE WE LET THEM KNOW, 'H*LL NO!!!!"

Thanks SoSad for the idea!!

Here's my email....written from the perspective of a New Jersey native. Feel free to use anything you might find helpful!

As a New Jersey native now living in Arizona I have seen first hand the positive outcome of legislation which does NOT provide special consideration to ilegal immigrants. American citizens and legal immigrants have been once again given the opportunity to return to limited seats in our colleges previously filled by those who have repeatedly broken our laws and then demanded to be rewarded for it. This is no longer a tactic effective in Arizona.

Arizona is a living example of what happens when incentives for illegal aliens are removed, Those here illegally quietly return to their home countries where students avail themselves of the free, or much less expensive, quality education available to them there. It is only the radical few who maintain the agenda of boisterous demands, false claims, and threats to those elected to represent the interests of the American people and uphold the laws of individuals states and our country as a whole.

The argument that these students were brought here as children and had no control over decisions made by their parents is not a legitimate one.

As young adults, no longer under control of their parents, these students have the obligation to return to their home countries and submit to the quick and easy process to apply for student visas which will grant them the opportunity to legally enter this country and attend our colleges. Instead, they choose to continue the pattern of illegality begun by their parents, up to and including the crime of identity theft, in order to obtain admission into, and funding for, college. They engage in this conduct fully understanding that they are committing felony criminal acts as opposed to doing the right thing.

There is nothing which can justify this. There is nothing which can justify allowing American students, those legally here, and those waiting to legally come here, to be shoved aside for the benefit of those who show a continual, blatant disrespect for our laws and process.

Additionally, I would like to point out that passage of legislation permitting in state tuition to illegal aliens will place New Jersey in the position of being overwhelmed with a flood of students from around the nation who will then be free to take advantage of in state tuition rates as permitted under 8 USC 1623 which states:

“…an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit…â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds great Wreath!! Way to gooooo!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

[quote="SOSADFORUS"]

Sounds great Wreath!! Way to gooooo!!!!

Why thank you!!

Your help provided just the perfect finishing touch, I might add!

always happy to oblige!!

Heads Up! Our scanners just picked up this information put out by our opposition. They were dumb enough to bash ALIPAC's efforts and thus tripped the scanners so now we know....

Their side has four primary targets they are focused on...

Please launch special calls and contacts to the NJ Senators the illegal alien supporters are targeting.

---

Senator THOMAS H. KEAN, JR.
    Senate Minority Office
    (609)292-5199
    senkean@njleg.org
    Senator JOSEPH F. VITALE
    (732)855-7441
    (732)855-7558 Fax
    Senvitale@njleg.org

Senator JEFF VAN DREW
    (856)795-0891
    (856)765-0897 fAX
    senvandrew@njleg.org
    Senator NICHOLAS P. SCUTARI
    (90587-0404
    (90587-9312 Fax
    Senscutari@njleg.org

Senator FRED H. MADDEN, JR.
    (856)232-6700
    (856)232-6844 Fax
    senmadden@njleg.org
    Senator ANTHONY R. BUCCO
    (973)627-9700
    (973) 627-0131 Fax
    senbucco@njleg.org

Senator JAMES BEACH
    (856)489-3442
    (856)489-4180 Fax
    Senbeach@njleg.org
    Senator KEVIN J. O'TOOLE
    (973) 237-1360
    (973) 237-1364 Fax
    senotoole@njleg.org

---

source link

http://tinyurl.com/yj3wgt2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast