Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    I'VE BEEN MISSING YOU, DIXIE !
    Thanks minnie! I've been around just not posting too much. I've been a busy girl.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hear and obey, W, and what caught my eye first was this: "Going back to my home country is out of the question. If Americans don’t grow the political guts to deal with this problem in a comprehensive way at a national level, and this demagogic flurry of hodgepodge state and municipal anti-immigrant laws continues to harass me and my family, I will simply move further into the shadows. If that happens, I will have much less incentive to pay taxes, pay drivers insurance, avoid abusing the health and school system, be a good citizen, etc."

I don't see why that's 'out of the question.' Indeed, if we ever start catching up on enforcement, it might suddenly be on the table after all. Sounds like an out-of-status H-1B, perhaps?

Second: "I am a computer programmer. The US economy simply cannot hire enough native programmers and imports them at a frantic pace.

It is false to assume that, if I and people like I suddenly disappeared, native programmers would start making double or triple salaries. Rather, software products would probably be outpriced by foreign competitors and built elsewhere
    ."

As we've seen elsewhere, this is absolute delusional, self-justifying nonsense. Between the years 2000 and now, we brought in hundreds of thousands of 'highly skilled' guestworkers, many of them in the IT field in one capacity or another. During those same years, we left about that many of our talented natives go. Many of our best and brightest were driven from the profession, to the point where our youth think twice about majoring in certain areas. The replacement of even one native worker with a foreign worker is proof positive of guestworker visa abuse, because that was never the intent of the framers of the program. If there ever was a shortage that justified bringing Mongo in, it was aleviated when so much of our talent was freed up in the mass layoffs that are still going on. 8 years? So much of our native talent was set out by the curb on trash day during that time.

And, it is because we brought in so many during our recession, and because so many of them were trying to use the guestworker visas as immigration visas, that we now have the protests by Immigration Voice about denying them their American Dream because they can't get green cards.

Franklin, is it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hello, Dixie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12