Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Georgia Passes Strong Anti-Illegal Immigration Law

Friends of ALIPAC,

The hard work of a lot of great Americans has paid off in Georgia where they have just passed one of the strongest illegal immigration fighting laws in the country!

A big win in Georgia can help us get more bills like this through in many other states in 2011.

Governor Deal still needs to sign the bill so we need your help.

Please read, understand, and widely distribute this article about Georgia's New Arizona Style Immigration Law....

Georgia Lawmakers Pass Illegal Immigration Crackdown
    http://www.alipac.us/article6232.html

This law has 70%-80% public support, so it is unlikely that Governor Deal would end his political career by vetoing it, but please call him and politely encourage him to sign the bill.

Example: "I'm calling/writing to ask Governor Deal to please sign House Bill 87 into law to protect American workers, students, taxpayers, and voters from the negative impacts of illegal immigration."

Here is the contact info you need.
    GA Gov. Nathan Deal
    404-656-1776
    http://gov.georgia.gov/00/gov/contact_u ... 15,00.html

We also need folks concerned about illegal immigration to show up at a meeting in Nebraska this Monday night. Here are the details at this link...
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-234873.html

The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Exclusive: Deal tells AJC he intends to sign immigration bill

By Aaron Gould Sheinin

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Gov. Nathan Deal told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday that the immigration bill adopted by the General Assembly appears to meet his criteria for necessary and needed changes.

Deal said he will review the legislation, House Bill 87, to be sure, "but at least the broad parameters of what we know are there appear to be consistent with what we would be agreeable to."

The General Assembly approved the sweeping, Arizona-style bill Thursday in the final hours of the 2011 legislative session. Deal said he has been consistent since his campaign last year that he would support a "balanced immigration reform bill."

"To try and craft legislation that is within the parameters of what a state can do without overstepping its bounds is difficult," Deal said. "And I commend the General Assembly for trying to put a product together that they felt like met that, and from what I have seen, I believe it does meet that."

Deal did not say exactly when he would sign HB 87 but said he is confident that he will be able to affix his signature after reviewing it.

"I have no reason to think I would find something there that would cause me to change my mind," he said. "It is the kind of legislation I promised on the campaign, and the General Assembly has delivered it and I intend to sign it."

The governor said he is aware that certain business groups had concerns about the impact the bill could have on agriculture and other industries that rely on low-cost labor that immigrants provide. But, he said, he hopes they remember who is responsible for the problem.

"I understand their concerns," Deal said. "I would hope that they would channel those concerns to the level of government that can do something about it, which is the federal government. States see what we have done, and other states will follow suit on it."

That, he said, "will emphasize to members of Congress that they are going to force states to take action."

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politic ... 11061.html

April
    Lets all take the time to give him a call Patriots!!!!

working4change
    Called his office and distributed to contacts. If you haven't called yet please do

Already sent...

I'm writing in support of House Bill 87 and about my concern that Governor Deal has yet to sign it. It is past time illegal immigration issues that are detrimental to our state/nation are addressed and Nathan Deal's strong stance against these criminals is the reason I supported and voted for him last Nov. I trust that he will soon sign H.B.87 and thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

Done.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Letter sent to Governor Deal.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Deal was endorsed by ALIPAC when he was in the house or Representatives