Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

redpony353
    If you use IE, check next to the search box. Click on the arrow to the far right and you should get a drop down menu listing which providers are available to you. You can add to your list by choosing "Find more providers." If that does not work for you then use this link to add providers to your browser:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/sea ... fault.mspx

I have a list of providers in my drop down menu and I choose between them depending on what I need. If I dont get what I need from one, I try the other.
    Thanks! I never looked there? I added Yahoo and Ask. I took OFF GOOGLE as default....

Bing and Yahoo work great for me. Another way to use these search providers is to just google one of them to get to their search engine page, and then put that page in your "favorites." That way you have one click access. But the best way is just to add it to your browser search box.
    I tried Bing and got the same problem, does anyone else?
    It might have been from the other infection but here's what happened and what i did about it:
    Then I got the dreaded blank page times 100! so I hit the kill switch and did this below.

I dumped all history, cookies and temp internet files and did two scans., a virus scan and a Malware scan. I'm not using Google again! I'm on an all out BOYCOTT Mission!

I sent this below out to my email contacts:

I recommend that, any of you that use Google for your search site, switch over to something else. The Government NOW HAS them in their control and are illegally censoring many issues the Stupid So-Called President deems as sensitive, LIKE THE TRUTH!!! They have stopped all results for illegal immigration. If you search for it there you get PRO ILLEGAL Propaganda from Obama's Thug Czars.

Boycott Google, EBay & AT&T as they too are all Government now.
    Did I for get any?

Here's some other choices:
    Yahoo, Excite, Dogpile, AltaVista, ask.com, I'm not sure about Bing yet.
    Let me know if you recommend any.............
    ==============================

If you are using any other search engine and still get that same warning message, delete your cookies, history, and temporary internet files.

Google said this """Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including fakyha.com/, searchparse.com/.""" When I tried the search through google yesterday I got the warning page. Then I copied the alipac link ON THAT GOOGLE WARNING PAGE and put it in my url box. When I hit go, I watched the bottom task bar and it showed I went to fakyha.com/ first before it went to alipac? I had a problem with my computer right after that! Stupid me then googled my handle and it did it again! I never tried it again because it took some time to get my system back to normal? And I WILL NOT try it again to be sure or to see if they fixed the link yet. But I do remember seeing that fakyha site fly by as fast as Obama spending money after using both google provided links.
    BOYCOTT GOOGLE!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    Shouldn't someone remove the Google search option from the top right hand corner of the home page?

I'm not very technically savvy, is there a reason it can't be removed?

I too will be cleansing my computers of Google.
    I just did what redpony353 suggested. To the right of the word Google, I have a magnifying glass and to the right of that, a drop down window. Click that arrow and select one of the top 4 by clicking to the left of it to move the check mark from Google to another option.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    Shouldn't someone remove the Google search option from the top right hand corner of the home page?

I'm not very technically savvy, is there a reason it can't be removed?

I too will be cleansing my computers of Google.

I'm blaming Obama and his Czar thugs! It makes me feel better to blame them...
    America has been taken hostage and the sheeple don't even suspect it yet!!!!
    BOYCOTT GOOGLE, AT&T, and EBAY.
    I use Craig's list now exclusively.
    Ebay can stick it!!!!
    Dick Morris

i switched to bing and no warning has come up since.
    i have norton on my puter and have not gotten any kind of message saying there is anything needing my attention and it will run another scan tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    i switched to bing and no warning has come up since.
    i have norton on my puter and have not gotten any kind of message saying there is anything needing my attention and it will run another scan tonight
    Thanks, I'll try Bing tonight AFTER my computing is done.
    It's too hot to get ballistic!
    Dick Morris

I meant the one on ALI-PAC's homepage, and it looks like it has been removed.

I'll follow the instructions offered here for removing google from my personal computers and browsers.

Thank you!
    <div>
    </div>

I just got this from An ALIPAC lurker friend.

They have hit one of the Christian Web sites I happened upon recently too -
    and I fired off a warning to them with a copy of the ALIPAC alert.
    It seems that they are going after all conservative / Christian web sites and blogs now,
    and they don't seem to care a damn that we are on to them either!

Look At These Google Logos!!!
    http://michellemalkin.com/2006/01/26/th ... ogo-album/
    Dick Morris

Getting the error message again.............
    Firefox browser

Pitac56: WELCOME
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I have had some weird stuff happening today. I am having trouble with one of my own sites, so I downloaded FireFox on my PC, went to mail and clicked a topic reply link and got the message about a reported attack site and it would not let me get on ALIPAC. When I go back to IE browser, there are no problems.

When a click a topic reply link in the email, just as I am about to access the reply on ALIPAC's website, I get a flag up top that says IE had to close and re-open the tab. Now that's a new one!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast