Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National Organization Announces Shop In WAUKEGAN Day!

National Organization Announces 'Shop in Waukegan Day' to Counter Illegal Alien Boycott

July 10, 2007

or Fred Flannigan (847)-691-3836

ALIPAC (Americans for Legal Immigration PAC) has announced a day of shopping in Waukegan to counter Illegal alien supporting groups in Illinois, which have announced a boycott of businesses in Waukegan because of the city's consideration of the popular 287(g) Program that will allow local police to enforce immigration law.

"The vast majority of Americans support local police enforcing immigration laws," says ALIPAC spokesman William Gheen. "These racist illegal alien groups threaten boycotts all the time in the southwest and they always fail. We are going to make sure this boycott fails by encouraging people to make a point of shopping in Waukegan to offset any impact they may have".

According to a recent Zogby poll of American citizens, "81 percent believes local and state police should help federal authorities enforce laws against illegal immigration. Only 14 percent disagreed." (Zogby: May 6, 2005)

E-mails, fliers, press releases, and talk radio interviews are being utilized to encourage people to travel to and Shop in Waukegan on Sunday, July 15, 2007 or anytime they can schedule. ALIPAC's William Gheen will join supporters at the Waukegan City Hall, 100 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Waukegan, IL 60085, at Noon to go shopping between 12-6pm on July 15th.

Those participating in the Shop In Waukegan effort will be encouraged to shop in any store that does NOT have a "Stop 287(g)" flier in the window. Any stores that have the "Stop 287(g)" flier will be avoided.

Hundreds of cities and towns have adopted the 287(g) program along with several states. The program is usually sought after graphic crimes or crime levels increase due to illegal immigration.

The Shop In Waukegan effort will take place one day after the Conference on Immigration, hosted by radio show host Fred Flannigan, in Grayslake, IL, on Sat. July 14th from 12-6 pm at the College of Lake County, 19351 West Washington Street, Grayslake, IL 60030.

The Waukegan city council will meet on Monday night at 8 pm on July 16, to discuss adopting the 287(g) program. ALIPAC's William Gheen will speak before the council in favor of the program.

For more information, please visit www.alipac.us and www.acitizensvoice.com Americans for Legal Immigration PAC is one of the largest organizations in America fighting for the enforcement of our existing immigration laws. Americans from all 50 states, of every race, religion, and denomination are found within ALIPAC's supporter ranks.

Map - Waukegan City Hall: City Council Meeting and Shop in Waukegan
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... =addr&om=1

Map - College of Lake County: Conference on Immigration
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... =addr&om=1

###

Paid for by AMERICANS FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION PAC
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let me know when you want proofing.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Hundreds of cities and towns have adopted the 297(g) program along with several states. The program is usually sought after graphic crimes or crime level increases due to illegal immigration.

My credit card is ready!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was wondering if any stores or shops in Waukegan may have shop on line address's? Maybe people who can't travel could help by supporting stores on line. Just a thought.

Please let me know where to meet up with everybody. I'm going to try to get down there (it's about a 5-hour drive, but I think I might be able to do it).
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    I was wondering if any stores or shops in Waukegan may have shop on line address's? Maybe people who can't travel could help by supporting stores on line. Just a thought.

That is what I was wondering as well. I have a once a year seminar for work that there is no way that I can miss. I would love to shop online from my laptop if it will benefit the cause.

I hate to be different here - but what stores are going to get the business?

Just any? Do we know that the ones we are asked to shop with do not employ illegals? Do we know if they are working to get this bill passed?

Personally, I think any business that is hurt by their boycott is a business that has built it business in a way to cater to them - and therefore is part of the problem.

Do we think these business are suddenly going to stop pandering to the illegals?

I remember when the illegals were going to boycott for a day and a lot of people made plans to spend money at Wal Mart. I don't know who did or who didn't but -

How many illegals has Wal Mart hired since then? How many ads has Wal Mart done in Spanish? How much ad money have they spent with Spanish TV and Spanish radio since then? How much catering to the illegals has Wal Mart done since we stood with them?

If a business is going to be hurt by having no illegals do business with them, they have been encouraging their business. If they are hurt, it is because they have come to depend on it. If they are hurt, it is isn't just because some illegals shop there and they are willing to take their money =- they have worked to get their business - and that is wrong.

People - BUSINESS IS THE PROBLEM in this whole illegal travesty.

Unless they are out working to get the bill passed - unless they refuse to hire illegals - unless they only accept - not encourage - illegal business - they are the problem. If not for business hiring them, catering to them, they wouldn't be here.

If they don't do any of those things - they won't be hurt by the boycott of illegals.

Sorry if I offend and if I am going against the grain - just the way I see it.

Good Question.

I understand that the boycott supporters/illegal alien supporters have asked participating stores to place fliers in the windows. If they are participating, then you will not shop there.

Also, there is more information coming about places to shop at.

Lastly, it's not about hurting or helping a particular business. The boycotters are attempting to economically impact the city tax base of Waukegan so you counter that by a greater contribution to the tax base by spending money/sales tax in the Waukegan city limits.

nntrix,

Your right, the stores that will be hurt by this are stores illegal aliens traditionally shop at and the others will go unscathed. Same thing happened in Farmers Branch.

Dixie

We have changed the text. We will be only shopping at stores that DO NOT HAVE THE STOP 287(g) fliers.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast