Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lets keep making the calls and emailing like crazy!

I AM NOT A QUITTER! I WILL CONTINUE TO DO EVERYTHING I CAN POSSIBLY DO TO HELP OUR CAUSE!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Lets keep making the calls and emailing like crazy!

I AM NOT A QUITTER! I WILL CONTINUE TO DO EVERYTHING I CAN POSSIBLY DO TO HELP OUR CAUSE!
    Yeah, butterbean...I'm with you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They all received a phone call and e mail from me; every last one of them. Even though there were only 20 at the rally, and some news media can joke about that; the lawmakers know their phones were ringing off the hook.

I would have attended the event if it had been held on a weekend. It would have been impossible for me to attend during the week.

Public events are important but I think we need to shake things up even more. I believe that we need to start researching, by political districts, specific crimes, levels of criminal activity, levels of use of welfare benefits, anything that is a negative that is done by an illegal alien. We need to match those districts with the politician and come down very publicly against those who have not worked diligently to enforce the law. Not just pay it lip service and speak about enforcement, but have worked diligently to enforce it.

Also, we should start a fund to be used by any victim of crime, whatever level of crime that may be when committed by an illegal alien, to file a civil lawsuit against the employer of the illegal alien for aiding and abetting the commission of that crime by harboring and giving aid and comfort to the illegal.

In addition, why is there not a spotlight on all of the illegals who are working in downtown Raleigh, yes even on state grounds. Contractors who hire illegals are being given state and city contracts. It has been going on for several years now that you see the illegals working jobs that American citizens should have. Why is there no spotlight on the elected officials who are in charge of these contracts? I work in downtown Raleigh and see it every day.

It's time to start getting personal with the spotlight against the lawmakers who are blatently ignoring the illegal alien problem and also those who only give lip service and pretend to want to handle the problem.

Think outside the box. There are tragedys caused by illegals who drive drunk and kill citizens. Why can't we make our goal to call for recall elections for those politicians who are not actively working toward enforcement of the law when serious tragedies occur in their district?

Raleigh Rally

Five of us in the Sanctuary City of Winston-Salem were desperately trying to alter our WORK schedules to allow us to carpool together to attend the Wednesday Rally William. Three couldn't get their schedules changed and and two of us were down to the wire still trying to "jump on I-40" to get to the Rally but by 10:15 a.m we knew we weren't going to get out of here. So William you had troops out there trying to be there. Like the one woman in the article said she was one person but represented 1,000 individuals. In reading her comment I said a humble "thank you" to her because we were trying up to the last minute to be there to support ALIPAC and all your work, efforts. I, personally, listened to the video feed and made phone calls. We need to keep "pounding them" with emails and phone calls. Don't loose the faith William and if you want to really show "them" hold a Saturday Rally - even if they aren't in session, and let us all get it scheduled, in advance, and we'll show up. We do believe in the work of ALIPAC and we'll keep sending financial contribution.

First let me say that I think you Mr. Gheen are the best Field General Anti-Illegal Immigration forces have. My heart goes out to you with regards to the low turnout at this rally & lobby event. I really respect the way you wrote on this subject and expressed yourself.

The fact is the average working person that supports your efforts has the type of job and responsibilities that do not allow for last minute days off or such. These people are also too honest to call in sick (although they are sick of illegal immigration aren't they) when they aren't and cannot risk that being found out. On the other hand the illegal aliens are such a great deal for their employers that the employers are willing to literally aid their efforts.

Now somewhere in the middle some rubber has to start meeting the road and I believe you are trying to lead this movement in that direction. When the day comes that there are thousands of anti-illegal immigration protesters in the town square the issue will begin to move decisively and radically in our direction.

Most of us have been conditioned to not participate in these types of events. But as someone who began to take to the street last year and usually stood with only my wife or a few others I can tell you that I strongly believe we helped to influence others to be more open to participating in the future.

You Mr. Gheen are a leader and in time there will more who will join you. When they do they will do so from their heart and the collective power will be such that defeat will not be possible. Your 20 today will be tomorrows 200 and the 2000 the time after that which before long will become the 20,000 or so needed to really have a tremendous impact. It will take time but the conditioning is wearing off more and more trust me. There are many who are just about an inch away from stepping out front to join with others to take their nation back.

God bless,

SovereignMan

William don't let it get you down. A big disappointment but " disappointment is the nurse of wisdom" don't let the papers get to you. You are right for sharing this because all the lessons are there. Events need to be on weekends or holidays because most of the people who really care about this country work full time. You are also correct that if this sort of apathy spells doom for this country. Many of us are getting a bit burnt out and frustrated more people aren't stepping up. I don't know the answer; but, I do know giving up isn't it.

Getting to the rally at 11 in the middle of the week was a struggle. But I am glad I went.

Thank you William for putting together a great group of speakers; especially on short notice. Each was right to the point. Could have been an all day event with the wealth of knowledge and experience the speakers have. To hear some of the legislators speak was awesome! It was nice to know we have some NC legistlators that care.

It was disappointing to see so few show up. Others I talked to felt the same. At the same time, it was great to see so much interest from the press. The press usually ignores these events. William really put this together for there to be so much interest from the press. We really needed more people to show up to make it a first class event.

The press coverage was about what I would expect. The N&O is so blatently biased, they wouldnt have written anything if more would have attended.

Part of the reason for the rally was to talk to folks who make our laws. That is why it needs to be in the middle of the day during the week.

I was surprised to hear so many legislators in favor of doing something about illegal immigration. They were mostly Republicans. The advice they gave was there was nothing that would leave committee until WE THE PEOPLE convice the democrats we care about the issue.

One democrat said there was no point in doing anything at the state level because there will be "comprehensive immigration reform" with the new president, senate, and congress. I stated that the people will not support that kind of reform. We will see. That same democrat said the only way we will get anything passed is through citizen lobbying. Not enough of us were walking the halls to make a strong impression.

We did hear that the legislators were getting calls and emails. Thanks! We here in North Carolina appreciate your help.

Look forward to hearing from William next week...
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

I also both attended the rally and arrived at 8:30am to assist in the distribution of ALIPAC materials and made the rounds visiting Senators and LA's.
    I was encouraged as a few Legislative Assistants did mention that they received phone calls regarding either the rally or the general displeasure from the public about Illegal Immigration and/or were well aware of the new SC laws and the fact that a potential flood of Illegal's may be heading this way. Someone on the ALIPAC team that we need a NC/SC border fence
    Except for a few exceptions, most of the rep's assistants were very courteous, attentive and willing to listen and/or familiar with our stance.
    It felt good being part of the system where citizens get an opportunity to have a voice and visit face to face with our "representatives". This was new to me and quite educational; although our Democracy is the best system in the world, it became obvious to me that getting heard seriously is more about who you are and your affiliation rather than whether good, factual, relevant, important, highly supported by public opinion issues are presented cohesively. The fact avoiding, idealist Democrats seem to have their minds made up and the conservative, patriotic Republicans are in general, totally on our side.
    I guess I'm a tad skeptical and I was asking one Senator explain to me why 80+% want Illegal Immigration addressed and why hard working citizens have to take a productive day off work (I took a vacation day) doing the job of our elected representatives and to explain to me why it's more about what THEY want and their agendas rather than what WE want. His main response was that they don't want to go on record as supporting Illegal Immigration legislation. Sorry, I still don't get it. I don't see why this should be so difficult. I guess I'm too naive or too unfamiliar with the process with all these suits walking around, posturing during media appearances when it seems the "powers to be" already know how they are going to vote, regardless of the public's input.
    Well, I sure hope I did help in some way and my opinion and the ALIPAC provided material was actually reviewed and taken seriously. ...off my soapbox.

I thoroughly enjoyed the rally and speeches and those who did attend were quite passionate and energetic and I was encouraged as the rally was attended by a fair amount of news networks.

I do understand how difficult it is to attend a rally in the middle of the day. I admit, it was quite difficult to attend the rally as unless you work in or near downtown Raleigh, it generally requires taking the whole day off of work.
    I have friends who are also against Illegal Immigration and will gladly submit faxes, sign petitions and vote for those who hold these views but few seem to be committed or passionate enough to be this committed to the cause.
    Maybe we often forget that this is a working Democracy, although the same seem to complain that their government never seems to accomplish much and don't represent their interests.

I walk and talk Illegal Immigration daily, have a car plastered with Illegal Alien and patriotic bumper stickers and constantly wear anti Illegal Immigration t-shirts like a walking billboard but I seem to be the oddball and often labeled a passionate right-wing extremist, angry hatemonger. I wish I could get more of my friends and those on our side involved but everyone seems so busy with work and family and long hours and so pre-occupied with just doing "life".
    I wish more of my friends would wake up before our quality of life is severely impacted. I do think many are so frustrated with politics that they have given up. I also think that some will wait until it's too late or won't react unless it 'hits home' or they are personally affected such as by an illegal alien drunk driver, are assaulted by an illegal, lose a job to an illegal, etc.

I wish finding time to attend a rally was easier. I'm not sure if a mid/late afternoon rally would be as effective but I wonder if that would result in greater numbers.

I realize the tone of this response shows some of my frustration but beauracry tends to try my patience. All the red tape is also why so many more of the public needs to rise up in great numbers.
    Thanks ALIPAC for the opportunity to be one of the ALIPAC "foot soldiers"!!

usatime wrote:

Part of the reason for the rally was to talk to folks who make our laws. That is why it needs to be in the middle of the day during the week.
    Correction: The main reason the event was scheduled on short notice and during the middle of the week was to meet with the legislators and get something moving before they adjourned from the short (and final) session of 2008.

Getting the message before the legislators was diligently addressed and completely understood. We stepped up as the spokesmen for the people of North Carolina. If you are from this state and you want to contribute, now is the time. Don't let our efforts be for naught.

Monday is your day to shine. Call the members of the General Assembly and tell them simply, "I support ALIPAC and the other groups who brought our message to you last Wednesday. I could not assist then, but I want you know I am out here and I deserve to be represented! Do not ignore the people any longer."

Ask others to join you in the effort. Ring those phones off the hook people and salvage this effort. It IS NOT too late! After you do make the calls, come back here and report on it so others can see you made a difference. Encourage one another, inspire one another, and most important of all, defend the liberties you have come to take for granted while you still have them!

BTW- The "democrat" usatime mentioned who predicted "comprehensive immigration reform" was Rep. Alice Bordsen of Alamance County. Be sure and add her to your call list!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast