Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It has been said that Reagan regretted his amnesty, but who really knows for sure. At the time I wasn't keeping up with what was going on, so I am surely not one who could say.

All I know is that when I saw Bush approve of and push for amnesty, I KNEW something was wrong and the man I thought Bush was would not have done it. So, who was Bush and who was Reagan? I tried to find out who Bush really was and what I found out didn't just disappoint me, it appalled me. It became the turning point for me in overlooking 'mistakes' presidents make and propelled me right out of the status as Republican and right into declaring myself an independent. I knew for myself that my basis of logic for approval of a president was all wrong and that had I been wearing a T-shirt with an appropriate description of myself it would have been "Helpful Idiot".

Now, I am devoted to facts rather an profile of good character based on only the good points as to do other wise handicaps any hope of good judgment. So, as far as I can tell there appears to be more than one serious mistake that Reagan made whatever the reason he made them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    --(Attributed to) Benjamin Franklin

JudiBug wrote:
    It has been said that Reagan regretted his amnesty, but who really knows for sure.
    I heard that also. Just recently, the first and only time I've heard it, Shawn Hannity mentioned it on his FOX TV show a month or so ago. He said Reagan had expressed regret about the amnesty.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

I just read where someone said the remark was in "Ronald Reagan in Private: A Memoir of My Years in the White House", authored by James W. Kuhn. I'll try to remember to check for the book when I next go to the library.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    --(Attributed to) Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123