Page 39 of 92 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by CherokeeDan
    Just watched the video. I'm very disappointed and cannot support him for political office. Sheriff Joe, on the other hand, I could.
    I live in the same town with Joe. I support him and his sweeps. He has helped drop the crime rate here. But trust me...Joe is one of the most self serving, arrogant, pompous, narcissistic, egomaniacs you have ever met. It looks like we are about to have him as Governor. Stay tuned for that debacle. You think you heard about him before! He will rival Obama for press space before it is over!!! I just work hard to stay out and away from him and his troops.

:

I'm with "Red Pony" He's changed his position, and now seems to favor Amnesty "under certain conditions". I'm very disapointed and I'm not sure he would be my candidate of choice. This has been a real let down. I also felt he appeared weak and condesending.

Lou You Dissapoint Me

I was disappointed at the "softening" of his position.I live in Maricopa County,AZ, ALL jailed people get same treatment. Salvador Reza and his open boarders crowd keep trying to get Joe. Joe has the force of Arizona Law behind him. "Don't need no stinking feds"

Quote Originally Posted by sk1951
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    I'm gettin' ready to watch this for the 3rd time.
    Lou hasn't actually contradicted what he has said before, he just seems afraid to come out and reiterate his exact words.
    I'm giving Lou the benifit of the doubt when it comes to him turn for Amnesty.
    Once I hear him clearly state that that some how he's turning to the side of the illegals, that's when he''ll loose all of my credit.
    The miss quotes in this room of the vid are totally slanderous!!! Running down Lou is only strengthening the illegals position. How this room can say that Lou is now supporting amnesty is beyond words or comprehension. All he kept saying was he wanted a dialog about what to do. What does everyone expect him to say... "I am here to figure out a way to run out or jail every illegal in my country..." What would you have the man say? He has stated over and over again...he does not support illegal immigration!!! He wants to talk about legal immigration. He said nothing can be done until the borders are controlled and the illegal traffic stopped. How can he be any more succinct? What could he have said that would make the room feel better? Ya the interview was horrible but he never once used the word amnesty. This anti Lou rhetoric borders on hysterical miss quotes, what must of been in his mind assumptions and miss guided assertions not in fact...or in the vid. Everyone needs to get a grip and go view the vid again...
    I have put all of that into consideration. That's why I'm "neutral" and not drawing conclusions.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by sk1951
    I'm gettin' ready to watch this for the 3rd time.
    Lou hasn't actually contradicted what he has said before, he just seems afraid to come out and reiterate his exact words.
    I'm giving Lou the benifit of the doubt when it comes to him turn for Amnesty.
    Once I hear him clearly state that that some how he's turning to the side of the illegals, that's when he''ll loose all of my credit.
    The miss quotes in this room of the vid are totally slanderous!!! Running down Lou is only strengthening the illegals position. How this room can say that Lou is now supporting amnesty is beyond words or comprehension. All he kept saying was he wanted a dialog about what to do. What does everyone expect him to say... "I am here to figure out a way to run out or jail every illegal in my country..." What would you have the man say? He has stated over and over again...he does not support illegal immigration!!! He wants to talk about legal immigration. He said nothing can be done until the borders are controlled and the illegal traffic stopped. How can he be any more succinct? What could he have said that would make the room feel better? Ya the interview was horrible but he never once used the word amnesty. This anti Lou rhetoric borders on hysterical miss quotes, what must of been in his mind assumptions and miss guided assertions not in fact...or in the vid. Everyone needs to get a grip and go view the vid again...
    I have put all of that into consideration. That's why I'm "neutral" and not drawing conclusions.
    I understood that. That is why I posted to your string. Thanks for your open mindedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot
    Don't any of you get it? Lou Dobbs still thinks the same way he always has. He has to get elected before he can actually fight. When he said that illegals would have to meet certain conditions before receiving citizenship, that did not mean he is for amnesty. Look what happened to Tom Tancredo when he stayed with his bold stance against illegals and amnesty, he was shot down and did not receive any media time. Some people don't even know who he is. Lou has to play this smart to get his foot in the door. Don't lose faith and please, please calm your anger and breathe. Lou is for America and will not grant any amnesties. BUT, he has to play this smart or he (and we) don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. He understands that he has to sway the Latino vote in his favor. Read between, between the lines. Lou is not stupid. It is the same concept of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. DON'T GIVE UP, HE HASN'T.
    Welcome to ALIPAC Whitehot! We are still here, we won't abandon Lou if everything is as it should be. We've all adored him for years. We're just disappointed and are venting. If there's more to the story, we'll all be all ears.

Welcome to ALIPAC Whitehot and thank you for your post. I agree.

Thank you Judy... I hope you are right about people just venting. I would really like to hear Lou Dobbs clarify this interview. If you can call it an interview since he barely got to finish a sentence. He is above all a gentleman and it is quite different being a guest on a program instead of being in charge.
    Oh you're most welcome Shad. And yes, Lou is very much of a gentlemen and I think he was trying very hard to be nice and pleasant and as you say this was a rather new role for him. And that woman was truly just awful. Yes, we're all venting. We're very disappointed, but that said, we're serious activists, and we want to make the best choices we can in these elections. Our resources are limited and we can't afford to waste our money on candidates who turn out not to be what we need or who will betray US. We're all volunteers, who have spent countless hours a day doing research, investigating, making phone calls, sending faxes, many have travelled all over their states calling on politicians in person, participating in lectures, protests, demonstrations, Tea Parties, sending money, working on strategies, and new ideas, blogging on the forum, blogging the issue on other forums .. all as volunteers .... for years ... years. I've been at this over 4 years and many have been at this years longer than I .. some for over a decade in other organizations in their home area.

It's a remarkable group of people most with little means to be so involved but they work their hearts and souls out and have made an enormous difference in saving our country from the ravages of illegal immigration. You have to remember Lou Dobbs made millions a year for the time he spent covering this issue, but the ALIPAC activists made nothing, beyond meeting selfless goals of trying to save their country for the next generation of Americans. No one will ever even know our names or who we were. So, it's very important that when we align with a candidate that we can trust them completely, not maybe, not "we hope he or she will come through for us", but absolute assurance that they'll come through for US. We can't afford to make mistakes. We have to be diligent and vigilant, otherwise we'll lose and our country will continue to suffer the ravages of illegal immigration for generations.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good bye, Lou...

You had a great opportunity and you just blew all your chances to become a public figure for the American people.
    We will never elect you, after you surrendered on illegal immigration.
    Have a nice retirement....

Welcome to ALIPAC, cobra!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy - I really like that 'Save America, Deport Congress'. That may be the only chance we have to still have America BE America in 10 years. Has anyone mentioned the idea of TERM LIMITS or is there another organization devoted to THAT subject???? It should help keep politicians from having time to grow such deep pockets that make them owe Big Business rather than the people who elected them.

This is off topic, but I am wondering - as it has always confused me and is sort of the middle of the night (central time, anyway) - can you tell me WHY we go by Greenwich Mean Time PLUS 10 hours? It certainly does keep me guessing about the posting on a thread. Thanks in advance if you have an answer for me that makes any sort of sense.

Very disappointing.

1) Unless I am mistaken, neither ever mentioned the word amnesty, so the entire conversation was evasive on both their parts

2) Dobbs made repeated references to a desire to “work together toward a constructive solutionâ€