Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Lou Dobbs

We do not need him. He's backpeddling. My hot buttons are Pro-life, 2nd Amendment, Pro-Man,Woman Marriage and Illegles. No amnesty for illegals.

LOU DOBBS

Wow, talk about speaking out of two sides of your mouth. I guess being booted out of CNN has made Lou decide to give up his principles and bow down to the legalizing illegal immigration pundits. While closing out borders was the only valid point he made, it seems that he choked on every other point asked of him. Who would have thought that he would disgrace himself just to get the the sympathy of the Latino community. It just goes to show you, that once you subscribe to running for politcal office, you have to change your views. If Lou Dobbs thinks this interview will get him the Latino votes, he had better think again.

Would I vote for any office Lou Dobbs decides to run on? Hell NO!!!!!!!!!
    He just sold himself out.

found this on the net.

Dobbs, 64, of Wantage, N.J., has admitted an interest in politics, and the New York Times reports a run for the U.S. Senate is possible in 2012 before testing presidential waters.

The Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, or ALIPAC, was stunned by Dobbs' apparent reversal, especially after it set up a website urging him to run for the presidency or Senate, a site which to date collected more than $666,000 in donations.

"This news is going to break a lot of hearts in America. The American people are suffering so much and so many of us, myself included, believed in Lou Dobbs," said William Gheen, president of ALIPAC. "I am hurt, dismayed, angry, sad, exasperated, red faced, embarrassed, and more after seeing this video."

Gheen is now asking for feedback from the public on Dobbs' new remarks.
    http://ow.ly/Gylm

Thoroughly disgusted

I was so happy when I heard that Lou Dobbs might run for President. I thought at last here is someone with the fortitude to represent those of us who want to see our immigration laws enforced.

This video is shocking. It shows Lou Dobbs to be another two faced, hypocrite who only cares about drumming up support from the devil himself if need be, even if it means throwing his country and fellow citizens under the bus.

Unlike others I can make my mind up from what I've heard already. I know exactly what he said in that interview. For him to try to backpedal or come up with some kind of explanation would only further prove to me that he is playing both sides.

He will not get my support now, nor my vote. I didn't support John McCain because he believed in allowing illegal aliens to continue to violate American laws and ultimately reward them for it at the expense of American citizens. I sure as heck will not support Lou Dobbs and do not recommend Alipac support him either.

I'm so disappointed but I will not compromise my beliefs for any two faced, wishy-washy, self serving, politician or politician wannabe.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I'm very surprised that Lou sold us out. But, the interviewer was correct, he does sound like a politician. I think he has political aspirations and needs the Hispanic vote. Wow, I never thought I'd see this day.

Should I change my avatar?

Can this be a clue? Senate would be a good place 4 him.

The latest speculation making the rounds about Lou Dobbs's political future is that the former CNN anchor won't run for president in 2012, but will instead aim for a Senate seat. The New Jersey resident is considering a challenge to Democratic senator Robert Menendez in 2012 as "an intermediary step" to the White House, a surprisingly honest spokesman told the Times. But apparently Dobbs is aware that targeting the nation's only Hispanic senator might not reflect well on someone already burdened with a reputation for hostility toward Hispanic illegal immigrants. Maybe that's why Dobbs has already begun to reverse his outspoken opposition to what he used to call "amnesty," a path to legalization for illegal immigrants. The Wall Street Journal reports that in an overlooked interview with Telemundo last Friday, Dobbs "twice mentioned a possible legalization plan for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S., saying at one point that 'we need the ability to legalize illegal immigrants under certain conditions.'" Looks like he's getting the hang of the politician thing already.

Read more: Lou Dobbs Already Backpedaling on His Signature Issue -- Daily Intel http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/11/lo ... z0YC8kdkSO

Following the Constitution

Looking forward to a peaceful and logical dialogue in the future.
    Something has to be done to make uniform immigration policies!
    The laws should be uniform for all immigrants...Canadians..Mexicans..etc.
    This would improve relations with all cultures...and it needs to be legal for all.

He needs to unseat Menendez.

Sounds like he has changed his tune to what he was always talking on CNN. I also heard him saying to legalize illegal aliens on certain conditions, which to me is a left handed way around the barn to giving them amnesty. Under these circumstances, I would no longer support Lou.

ang
    Lou took the defensive route. He should have mentioned orgs. like LaRaza & Reconquista, whose aim is to outnumber & "reconquer" the SW US due to rather incorrect info. regarding how these territories were obtained. Let us not forget Texas annexation as well. I am not aware of any "White" orgs. that are accepted & tolerated by our govt. These Latino orgs. are pretty anti-White, which is discrimination by any standard. He made it clear that amnesty would have to be under "certain conditions." I should hope it would involve background checks for criminal & gang activity. FYI, there have been other ethnic groups who cross the So. border, such as the 4 Yemenis who were caught by our Border Patrol. Let us be honest about why illegal entry into the USA is a critical issue. We are in a post 911 world & we need to be vigilant & cautious. Look around & see what happens to illegals in other countries. They are beaten, jailed & sometimes shot. We have been very lenient to these "undocumented" people.