Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have not been actively involved in the reform movement for some time. However, I have been a fan of Lou Dobbs for many years and recently getting to appreciate Glen Beck (except for his Teddy Roosevelt comments). I was very excited that Lou might run for President like Perot did years ago and get the political debate back on track as to the issues most important. However, Mr. Dobbs seems to operate under the same conceit that Mr. McCain did - that he can bridge the two sides of the immigration debate. No person has that level of political charm. For many of us the definition of the illegal "immigration problem" is that "they are here". The problem properly defined only allows for one solution - massive deportation. I and many others have a zero tolerance for any politician suggesting anything short of this obvious remedy. No twisting of language trying to make artificial distinction between an 80% peaceful intruder versus 20% law breaking invader. The GOP Congress that defined them as a total criminal class - felons all - for having crossed the US border illegally - was right on target. In other words, amnesty conservatives need to abandon Lou Dobbs just like we did McCain - our support is based on a total committment toward deportation regardless of personal story or how long one has eluded the immigration authorities - it does not matter how fluent in English the illegal has become over the years of hiding - it does not matter how much they admire our freedoms and flag - it does not matter that they have learned more details of US history than the average citizen from our public education system. For people like me - an amnesty conservative - every single illegal needs to be deported. Eliminating the economic and social benefits magnet and building a wall is only part of the solution. It will ultimately come down to deportation on a massive scale and any politician not willing to stay the course is not deserving of our financial support or even our continuing respect as a selfless patriot. Personally. I am not looking for dialogue with the illegal community only conversation with my fellow citizen. Lou Dobbs probably lost my support by his mere appearance on spanish television.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleGuard
    In other words, amnesty conservatives need to abandon Lou Dobbs just like we did McCain - our support is based on a total committment toward deportation regardless of personal story or how long one has eluded the immigration authorities - it does not matter how fluent in English the illegal has become over the years of hiding - it does not matter how much they admire our freedoms and flag - it does not matter that they have learned more details of US history than the average citizen from our public education system. For people like me - an amnesty conservative - every single illegal needs to be deported.
    I agree, and you know those "shining" examples you listed above that are English fluent and know US history details are most likely they ones who could immigrate legally if they would first self-deport. That would show their true admiration of US freedoms and flag, which are not free at all but must be earned.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

#1 - I am SICK and TIRED of the Mexican media AND the ILLEGAL aliens acting like victims.
    #2 - I am Sick and TIRED of the illegal alien aiders and abettors in OUR country acting like WE owe them something, i.e., legalizing the lawbreakers who violated our laws and sovereignty.
    #3 - I am SICK and TIRED of these arrogant Mexican media types attacking Lou Dobbs. Who CARES if they consider him an enemy. I consider this Telemundo station and all their whiners as enemies to the American people.

Finally, in my opionion, someone tried to assassinate Lou Dobbs and his family. There is little doubt in my mind it could have been one of these hate filled people that are actively, and arrogantly working AGAINST Americans and FOR illegal aliens in our country. I believe Lou Dobbs has been "forced" to say what he said on the video and has no choice. If someone tried to attack you and your family, you would have to do the same thing.

It is appalling and I hope they find, indict and imprison these despicable traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I think shut down the "elect Lou" website. I just wonder what caused the switch?

Are you all not aware that shots were fired at Lou Dobbs home?????

Re: Lou Dobbs stance on illegal immigration

Quote Originally Posted by SherryD
    I don"t think we are thinking clearly on this. We have to address the issue of illegals. I too would like them all to go back to Mexico, but this will NEVER happen. This issue has to be addressed and Lou Dobbs is trying to do it. There will HAVE to be a compromise.
    1. Someone will have to close the borders first. Lou Dobbs will do that when
    no one else will.
    2. There will have to be a path to legal immigration. Rather than a mass
    amnesty as currently is the case, we need to have another plan. Checking backgrounds to root out criminals will probably get rid of at least half of them. Then we can set the procedures, etc. for who else will be allowed to become LEGAL citizens.
    3. In order to get a President who will address this problem logically, it would help to get some Mexican population and the fence sitters to join us.
    4. As long as we say "send them back to Mexico" and take a hard stance,
    nothing will go forth except complete amnesty and we will lose the fight.
    We need help to win this fight.
    5. Listen to the Lou Dobbs interview several times, and if you have more
    questions call his radio show and give him a chance. No one else has
    tried to solve this. Listen to John McCain and Huckabee-they were for
    legal immigration also. If we find a candidate who is hard set against any illegals becoming legal WE WILL LOSE. Let's really examine all Lou Dobbs says and question him.
    What are you talking about? In my opinion you've got things ass backwards. First, we already have an immigration policy, that has been debated, amended and signed into law. I think of it as contract. You now have some who don't like the terms and feel it acceptable to violate the terms. Regardless, the terms still apply to everyone here illegally before the terms are changed. If this is changed, you have a complete failure of the system, ie the rule of law, without which is anarchy. Why should the United States and it's people risk that for anyone especially those who clearly do not feel they are bound by the same rules the rest are expected, yes expected to follow. Instead, shame on those individuals and groups advocating for a different set of standard for a paricular group of individuals who clearly feel they are above the law. So, in my mind, if we don't apply the same standard, our current laws to all, then how do you expect anyone else to follow other laws? Why, the 20+ million illegal aliens don't.

By the way:
    * we already have a pathway to citizenship, a million a year seem to be able to follow that law;
    * the issue isn't the border, you can't enforce it enough, without your oppponents the changing tact and calling you totally obscene and reckless for expending so many resources, to do the job.
    * the real issue is the interior. Yes, it is far cheaper for taxpayers, 10's of billions annually saved, to have everyone here illegally deported than it is to continue to pay the hard costs associated with caring for and dealing with the impact they are having in our communities on a daily basis. So, even if it took a decade, the net savings is worth it. Heck, by requiring "proof of legal presence" for all taxpayer funded benefits and/or services would more than pay the costs. Heck, the savings from K-12 public education along could cover the cost by itself. Yes, there is enough wiggle room in Plyer v. Doe, a 5-4 decision in the the Supreme Court thanks to the deciding vote by so-called moderate Justice Sandra Day- OConnor, with Congressional support to do stop the massive redistribution of education dollars to illegal alein public education students (don't believe me, look into how much just California, Texas and Arizonia. are spending themselves.

So, before you ask American citizens what they need to do or change, you should ask the illegal aliens what makes them so special and their handlers, what they are getting out of all this orchastrated theatrics. As an American, in my mind, the answer is nothing but more than a continued effort to redistribute of wealth, funding priorities and yes, more debt.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleGuard
    I have not been actively involved in the reform movement for some time. However, I have been a fan of Lou Dobbs for many years and recently getting to appreciate Glen Beck (except for his Teddy Roosevelt comments). I was very excited that Lou might run for President like Perot did years ago and get the political debate back on track as to the issues most important. However, Mr. Dobbs seems to operate under the same conceit that Mr. McCain did - that he can bridge the two sides of the immigration debate. No person has that level of political charm. For many of us the definition of the illegal "immigration problem" is that "they are here". The problem properly defined only allows for one solution - massive deportation. I and many others have a zero tolerance for any politician suggesting anything short of this obvious remedy. No twisting of language trying to make artificial distinction between an 80% peaceful intruder versus 20% law breaking invader. The GOP Congress that defined them as a total criminal class - felons all - for having crossed the US border illegally - was right on target. In other words, amnesty conservatives need to abandon Lou Dobbs just like we did McCain - our support is based on a total committment toward deportation regardless of personal story or how long one has eluded the immigration authorities - it does not matter how fluent in English the illegal has become over the years of hiding - it does not matter how much they admire our freedoms and flag - it does not matter that they have learned more details of US history than the average citizen from our public education system. For people like me - an amnesty conservative - every single illegal needs to be deported. Eliminating the economic and social benefits magnet and building a wall is only part of the solution. It will ultimately come down to deportation on a massive scale and any politician not willing to stay the course is not deserving of our financial support or even our continuing respect as a selfless patriot. Personally. I am not looking for dialogue with the illegal community only conversation with my fellow citizen. Lou Dobbs probably lost my support by his mere appearance on spanish television.
    Regarding Mr. Dobbs I am holding out any conclusions until I see or hear more. But the rest, I couldn't agree more with!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I think shut down the "elect Lou" website. I just wonder what caused the switch?
    It's time to remove any support fot Lou Dobbs that we have given him. He's just another Backstabbing politician.

One of the things, I believe, that is stopping the government from total deportation, is all of the bank bail-outs that would follow. Illegals are allowed to come here, purchase property financed through our banking system, without any documentation whatsoever.

If all Illegals were deported, then their homes would go into foreclosure, and the banks would have to eat it.

My opinion; too bad dad. If they had never approved loans for people that are not even allowed to be here, they wouldn't have this problem. Our tax dollars are not to be used for bailing out stupid people that don't know how to make sound business decisions.

There is no other country where an American can go to, that I'm aware of, and enter the country illegally, purchase property, and expect to remain there, no matter what the circumstances.

Americans cannot go to Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, or any other country to our south, and purchase property and outright OWN it, even if we entered their country legally.

ALL ILLEGALS MUST GO!
    Obammy is NOT a United States Citizen. He is NOT MY President. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTs1YyhFRg

LOU DOBBS AT TELEMUNDO INTERV

I disagree and say Lou Dobbs is true blue. LOU DOBBS HAS THE GUTS TO GO INTO ENEMY TERRITORY TO OPEN A DIALOGUE his actions show he is a REAL MAN... I can tell you he is no PHONY GLENN BECK who describes his followers as ZOMBIES! just think before you misunderstand a good man...GIVE HIM A CHANCE AND DON'T BE SO QUICK MISREAD OR MISUNDERSTAND THE TELEMUNDO INTERVIEW WHICH WAS MORE OF A JOKE THAN ANYTHING ELSE......even Lou could barely keep from laughing at Ms Celeste!
    I think you guys are jumping the gun..I think some of the "dissapointment" comments are not entirely justified AND FLAT OUT IRRATIONAL.
    OK so wheres the contradition? Lou stated the necessity to "Secure the Boarder" and also deal with the multitude of illegals as a two step process. If I remember correctly in the absence of the National Guard being available and fighting an illegal "war" in Iraq, he is pro-MinuteMen. Realistically you cannot deport ALL illegals numbering in the millions maybe we can DEPORT THEM ALL TO AN ISLAND THE SIZE OF PUERTO RICO ALL TWENTY MILLION (my comment not his). Sounds good may be doable or may not be doable. Lets face it and Lou Dobbs is realistic stating you have to have a road to citizenship - we Americans have no choice we are stuck naturalizing a certain number and by law deport the remainder, (Don't forget 14th amendmt ANCHOR BABY PROBLEM) because we have to deal with a very terrible situation as it has developed with THOUSANDS OF BUSINESS AND CHURCHES yes, American citizens) are pushing for amnesty every which way they can etc. ANY INDIVIDUAL THAT RUNS FOR PRESIDENT HAS TO WORK WITH MEXICO IN A DIPLOMATIC FASHION AND LOU HAS ALL THE CREDENTIALS AND KNOWLEDGE. He has to be able to engage in dialogue with any and all types of world leaders,.IT IS A WAR OF WORDS OUT THERE PEOPLE AND WE NEED A TALKER!!!! FOR THE 2012 RUN HE IS LIGHT YEARS BETTER than the MAN FROM NOWHERE, BARRY SOETORO/akaBARAK OBAMA or SONG BIRD - WIDE OPEN BORDERS McCAIN!!! As for the Arizona sheriff, Lou defended him and his methods by stating the sheriff has broken no law and has not been charged with violating anyones civil rights and did not want to waste time discusing whether his inmates ARE WEARING PINK PAJAMAS lol :P etc. Also he did not back down with the ILLEGALS INCARCERATED IN THE USA, NUMBER 27% IS ROUNDED TO 30% OR 25% as per the so called Telemundo "INTERVIEW" This show was set up to make him look like crap and you suckers are falling for it. PLEASE DO NOT PUT ON YOUR "SUCKERED AGAIN' TEA SHIRTS for a few more years till we all work out the mess we are in!

Simper Fi in New York
    PRAY HARD

We are talking here about mass exportation of illegal aliens - people who become automatic felons once they cross the border or overstay their visa, etc. Georgia Peach, why, then would we want to take a photo, fingerprint and then charge them with a misdemeanor? They are FELONS, not people who wandered into the US by accident. Their 'path to freedom' should require them to retrace their steps back to WHEREVER they came from (and they by NO means only come from Mexico) - fill out papers and WAIT, like everyone else does.

Ratbstrd - how can someone say NEVER if it hasn't been tried? I remember someone in an election town hall meeting asking Hillary Clinton why they can't ALL be shipped back - her answer was 'we don't have enough money to hire enough law enforcement personnel to round them all up' - and that seems to be the thinking (or excuse) for a lot of our politicians.

Hells, bells! Just HOW many people do we have on the unemployment rolls right now? Able-bodied people who WANT a job? Not ALL of them would make it into law-enforcement (and we ARE talking about enforcing our laws here), but we would also need computer people, phone people, dispatchers, paper shufflers, fingerprint takers, rubber-stamp stampers and office sweepers to name a few, - we could put a LOT of people back to work during the round-up.

'We don't have enough money to do it?' - We can bail out banks and wall street and we now collectively own auto factories! As we lose students (headstart thru grade 12) through attrition we could put the bilingual teachers to work interpreting for all the freeloaders who came but wouldn't bother to learn the language of OUR country as they are processed out - so that each and every one of them can understand EXACTLY why they have NO RIGHTS here.

We can stop buying clunkers and pay that money to people to round up, process and remove these illegals. (That clunker deal was a fiasco, anyway - most of the vehicles we bought were traded in for vehicles that only got 3 or 4 mpg more than the ones they had!) We can send AID to everyone in the world (while OUR citizens live in cars, on the streets and in shelters because they've lost their jobs and homes or otherwise fallen through the cracks) and fight unending wars but we can't afford to round up illegals? Any idea of how many vets we have living on the street trying to cope with ptsd and starvation?

We could start with rounding up gang members and follow our noses back through their families and friends. We could federally subsidize our local law enforcement agencies (instead of bailing someone else out) to hire and train local 'Deportation Task Force Units' and refurbish older, unused buildings to work in and house them until they leave. It would be MUCH cheaper to buy a bus or plane ticket for each of them to send them 'home' than to pay their entitlements for life! If I can buy a clunker for someone who wants to dump his SUV for a newer SUV I can pay the salary of a law enforcement officer to do something much bigger and more important. If illegals weren't using up our natural resources (water, oil, gas, etc) we could use that money saved to subsidize the effort.

The US is a Can Do nation. We've saved the world from itself several times, haven't we? It cost a lot of money to foot the bill for WWI and WWII - but we did it because it was important and necessary - and it put a LOT of people back to work in the process. If we don't stop borrowing money we can't repay for all these entitlements for people who aren't even here legally, before long we will be punching 1 for Chinese, 2 for English and 3 for Spanish! Just what's gonna happen one day when we can't meet the debt payment and China (and all of our other non-friends we are borrowing from) call in their notes?

We are looking for a 'John Doe' - an 'any man' who will go to Washington and turn it on its ear. I don't know if Lou Dobbs is the man or not. I DIDN'T hear him say he was the best friend of ILLEGALS, just latinos (most of whom aren't any happier about the way things are than are we). He may not be our guy - but we don't have the luxury of waiting until 2016 to find him. If we do that it will be too late. We will be so mired in debt we won't be able to pay the interest on our loans, much less pay our own way.

Citizen Kane, I live in Texico - I know what is here and what is happening. The state taxes I pay for everything I buy are paying for it. I also know that in order to 'save' all this money that Congress is talking about saving in Medicare to pay for our national health care bill they will be putting a MUCH larger portion on the states. They are talking about a national Medicaid system here - something for everyone - but much of Medicaid is paid by the states themselves. Texico sure can't afford it - we've got too many unemployed and illegal folks here to foot the bill for.

I am 60 - I went to a high school that was 2/3 Anglo, 1/3 Hispanic. My senior year, we enrolled our first 'token' black. WoW! That was a long time ago. I can vividly remember walking down the hall past lounging groups of latino guys and hearing my first REAL word of Spanish - 'puta'. It wasn't just me - it was all Anglo girls and every day. I don't imagine the words have gotten any nicer - or the attitudes, either. (If you don't know what 'puta' means - it's 'wh---'. I was being called a wh--- just because I was white and they could get away with it because they were speaking in Spanish and the only adult in the school who knew Spanish was the Spanish teacher.) I now wonder just how many of those latino guys were 'illegal' and we just didn't think about it.

I personally know a wonderful illegal couple (in-laws, actually as my daughter-in-law is Guatamalan) - hardworking, upright Christian people that I would hate to see have to go back to Guatamala - they've worked so hard to 'assimilate' and 'make it here' and have two small US citizen children. There is nothing for them in Guatamala but hardship and poverty to take their children 'home' to. But we're not talking here about picking and choosing. We're talking about deporting en masse. This couple is paying their way - paying their taxes, etc. - no handouts from the government, ever, as other family members took them in and helped them get started. They even have bought their own home - but we're talking about ALL of them. (Has any one thought about all the empty houses that will be sitting around our neighborhoods when we do this?)

We have the MEANS to make this happen, but I doubt we have the WILL. These people, and those like them, are why some of us are wanting to find a 'pathway' for some. Does America have the WILL to send them all home? Maybe we should start with the freeloaders, gang members and drug dealers and work our way up. I don't know, but I DO know that I don't want this couple to go back until EVERY LAST 'undesirable' has gone, first.

We have a lot of totally entrenched lawmakers that we are too lazy, complacent and stupid to vote out, even though they are voting us right out of our country. Most Americans have no idea of what their Congressmen are voting for or against. They talk a good game - vote them in and forget about it. Next election, well, they're already there, they MUST be doing a good job, they're a member of MY party, vote them in again. One way to start to resolve that problem would be term limits (something they certainly aren't going to enact on their own!). If we find we voted in a yo-yo he only gets ONE term. The problem with this is that WE THE PEOPLE would have to get off our duffs and get involved. INVOLVED is a BIG word - one only a few Americans like us understand. Maybe we need to start a First Saturday Tea Party movement. Every first Saturday of the month we all rally to voice our opinion and get people involved in the process. Twice a year is a start, but won't solve our massive problems.

Where do we find our 'John Doe' to go to Washington to fight for us? I don't know, but he'd better show up fast or there won't be any 'land of plenty' to come to. No one person is going to be our 'cookie cutter perfect candidate' but we have to find the closest to out ideal and get behind him. If we don't, America will be the newest 3rd world country.