Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

mACHETE, iLLEGAL

The trailer has been scrubbed by Fox

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by ottumwanurse
    I downloaded the video but have no idea where to post it. Any ideas?
    Post it on other sites, email it to your friend, just get the word out. The more people aware, the better.

Thanks and will do.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterStationPrez
    I think worrying about this qualifies as a tempest in a teapot.

No group on either side of the immigration issue is going to mistake a Robert Rodriguez film for a social treatise. He is a director of slasher films and has never done anything remotely political (or remotely good, for that matter).
    Never saw a" tempest in a teapot", but I have seen people with raw emotions seize upon senseless things and translate their emotions into actions. I would imagine we all have.

Now add a little bravado, some powdered courage, and SHAZAM!, you have the makings of an insurrection, a riot, or perhaps just a few random acts of violence....who knows.

It seems that some here think that all "groups" have manners and act politically correct and socially responsibly. It also seems there is disregard for the likelihood that only "groups" react to such things as this incendiary portrayal of some real life problems.

The whole point is that this film ties make-believe to reality in a most dangerous way at a most indelicate time. Coincidence? I doubt it...

...And what's up with that taunt of Arizona's new law at the beginning of the trailer? Could the language and message be any more directed or clear?

Consider the raw emotions on every side of this issue in Arizona and other border states. Think such a direct annotation won't resonate with the people living the nightmare?

Poo-Poo the notion all you want, this is a legitimate cause for concern and whether you personally would sit through such a film or not isn't particularly relevant. The fact of the matter is that there are many who will, and when they leave the theater many of them will be swapping ideas in conversational Spanish. I hope you have the privilege of listening in on a few of those conversations.

I'm not sure the English reviews will be much more soothing...

Machete trailer/message

I'm afraid I have to agree with tiredofapathy about the viewership and response to this move. The character of Machete was originally developed as a benign sort of former "spy" turned gadget-maker for spies, in the Disney "SpyKids" movies, and was also portrayed by Danny Trejo. But this version of Machete is anything but "PG-13" or benign, and unfortunately kids do get into such movies. Further, the whole premise is almost guaranteed to appeal to many of the La Raza crowd and supporters thereof. And as pointed out, copy-catting is becoming a national pastime. While most of us who post here and on similar sites are unlikely to even waste our money on such a piece of overt trash, sadly there are far too many who will do so, and be sucked in by the message that already resonates with their own feelings and beliefs about the new law, which goes into effect next month, and which is being considered by other states now as well, and the lies La Raza and other such organizations are feeding their predominantly-illegal followers, to whit that the US stole the southwestern states from Mexico,{"We didn't cross the border, the border crossed us", etc.}not heeding the fact that the border was altered about 160 or so years past and NONE of us was alive at that time, as part of the peace treaty between Mexico and the US in concluding the war between the 2 nations in the 1840s, so they believe we "owe" them "reparation" for that, in the form of free support and virtual obeisance, apparently. To believe that no rational minded person would pay this any attention is probably correct; but to assume that those already inflamed by hate and greed for something not theirs by right wouldn't do so might be a very dangerous assumption, and not only in AZ, but any of the states currently considering such legislation as well.
    Fair winds and following seas

What about all the fervent claims from the left that the book The Turner Diaries has been a motivator for many alleged hate crimes?

What about the influence of the movie The Basketball Diaries on the Columbine Massacre?

The entire elitist theory that we are fighting against in our country today is based on the belief that they can mold public opinion by injecting these kinds of protagonist vs antagonist stories into the public consciousness via movies, TV shows, music, and news.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ILLegal ALIENS

What is the argument here? every single alien "BROKE THE LAW!" Our Government, past & present, Republican & Democrat, have allowed the invasion of 20 to 30 million criminals and is the largest invasion of any Nation, at any time, by any means & in direct violation of Article IV, Section IV of our Constitution.

This refusal to abide by our Constitution should be classified as Treason of the most foul kind, as grounds for impeachment & trials for Treason!

Not only have they allowed the invasion, they force American tax payers to pay Billions of dollars to provide Welfare, Prison, Educate the invaders children,free medical care, at the same time the invading horde break numerous laws, massive document fraud, & are destroying our schools, hospitals, communities, culture and standard of living while Robbing, Raping, Killing & Assaulting American Citizens WAKE UP PEOPLE! They walked,rode,swam and drove over here, they can do the same going home! taking thier anchor babies with them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btj6IeOF ... r_embedded

This past week I have seen both Ex-mayors Koch and Guliani on cable news channels addressing the subject of Illegal Aliens and the failure of the feds to control immigration. Koch was the first to make NYC a "Sanctuary" and Guliani continued the practice. Fornicating Hypocrites!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What do you expect they follow the Globalist Elitist agenda....they are bought and paid for...

Kathyet

Re: ILLegal ALIENS

I posted my two bits worth on the youtube vide. Was great!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1
    What is the argument here? every single alien "BROKE THE LAW!" Our Government, past & present, Republican & Democrat, have allowed the invasion of 20 to 30 million criminals and is the largest invasion of any Nation, at any time, by any means & in direct violation of Article IV, Section IV of our Constitution.

This refusal to abide by our Constitution should be classified as Treason of the most foul kind, as grounds for impeachment & trials for Treason!

Not only have they allowed the invasion, they force American tax payers to pay Billions of dollars to provide Welfare, Prison, Educate the invaders children,free medical care, at the same time the invading horde break numerous laws, massive document fraud, & are destroying our schools, hospitals, communities, culture and standard of living while Robbing, Raping, Killing & Assaulting American Citizens WAKE UP PEOPLE! They walked,rode,swam and drove over here, they can do the same going home! taking thier anchor babies with them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btj6IeOF ... r_embedded
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Wow NewMexican! Thanks for posting that article - it's exactly what I wanted! That trailer is so inflammatory and I am sure that it has awakened the real Sleeping Giant so in a way it has backfired on them. Holleywood numnuts living behind their gated security have no idea - they should all apologize for partaking in that travesty!
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast