Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why ALIPAC is NOT supporting the March for America

Supporters of ALIPAC:

Many of you have received e-mail solicitations from a group called Let Freedom Ring or March for America headed up by Melissa Gardner at LFRAMERICA.com At this time, we must warn you of some serious problems that have come to our attention regarding this group.

ALIPAC is not supporting this march for several reasons. While we feel the time might be right for a major organization to organize such a march to Washington, it is important that such an important move for our side be handled with the greatest degree of integrity and planning. Since we hold the current friendly competition title for coalition efforts with over 100 organizations working together on our boycotts, we know what it takes to build strong coalitions.

We are not supporting this particular march because of our concerns on how things are being handled by this group and their leader.

1. This group was originally claiming to have 10,000 supporters for their march which is more than any other organization has ever gathered for any event in the movement. When questioned on this matter further, they admitted they did not have the 10,000 supporters they were boasting. These exaggerations were being used to solicit more support.

2. Some of the recent e-mails and "invitations" circulated by this group claims they have Lou Dobbs coming to the rally which is very interesting since no group or organization in our movement even large and established groups have ever gotten a visit from Lou Dobbs. Why would anyone believe that a new group of newcomers suddenly have Lou Dobbs on board with an effort that is barely a few months old?

3. ALIPAC has confirmed that at least one of the groups the organizers of the march are listing in their e-mail invitations never gave their permission to be listed as a supporter. Listing groups as supporters that did not agree to be supporters raises questions about the other groups listed.

4. When we politely raised questions about this march we were quickly attacked by one of their supporters online and accused of being traitors to America! When Melissa Gardner was asked not to post anymore information about this march on our site, she pretended to comply and then snuck back on our site to distribute invites in a sneaky way. This is hardly the behavior of a mature leader and is no way to gather support from organizations like ours or anyone else.

So we have the fake number of supporters, fake claims of support by nationally known media personalities, unauthorized use of organization names that did not agree to support, and the sneaky and hostile behavior online towards anyone with questions. Anyone can see why we are not supporting this march.

Furthermore, we encourage our friends and allies in the movement to consider disassociating themselves with the organizers of this event because something as important as a national march should only be handled by an established group with a proven track record that will build coalitions in an honest way with a high degree of integrity.

Unfortunately, these essential elements are absent from the current operations of LFRAmerica. This march does not meet with ALIPAC's standards of integrity and honesty.

Due to these recent abuses we have detected, we are now moving from a position of non support for this march to a position of opposition to this march as arranged by Melissa Gardner. We will warn all of our supporters and allies and ask them not to support this group.

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Thanks for the important information.

I am aware of a couple of times that top names have been bandied about in order to garner support for certain events. I'm not going to name names on this forum but people who are involved in a lot of different sites related to this issue need to be wary of any and all claims of thousands of members and thousands of people willing to participate in any type of a protest.

I have a feeling that the topic will be hot and heavy again before long just by the number of editorials being printed in my local paper (The El Paso Times) that were never even permitted in there before. And if people will pay attention to their local papers, there just might be a lot of "meetings" and "movies" and "seminars" that are politically motivated to be found in the personal and community ads-- from both sides of this coin. I suggest that people attend any and all of them if only to observe. It is hard to to that and keep your mouth shut if you don't agree with what's going on but it is very enlightening.

I contend that the illegals shot themselves in the foot by marching around. Even if the news couldn't be bothered to report the things that actually happened, people who live and work in the cities where the crimes were committed during the protests know what happened and all it will take is one faux pas to make all our names mud.

I have a feeling that a lot of the people named as "organizers" and "supporters" of the illegals' march either didn't support them at all or else they really regret that they did now that more of the general population is finally realizing that "illegal is illegal."

I'm suggesting that if people write to you or call you on the phone or even stop you on the street asking for your support for ANY political issue, you ask them exactly what the money, time or whatever else they ask you to "donate" is going to be used for. If they can't give you a damn good reason why they need your help specifically, tell them to go fly a kite! People are becoming more and more aggressive in their demands for help around here and it could get ugly before it is over with.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Though I did not receive this message directly, as some did, I did receive it as part of an e-mail being circulated to many of the other grassroots organizations.

I have contacted LFRA and will await an explanation for the claims being made by ALIPAC. Until then, I will reserve judgement.

I will say this...I am truly saddened by the infighting between groups and within groups. I've had to deal with it on Free Republic, and now this.

We are at a crossroads and have little time left to defeat this OBL monster, regardless of the method used. Differences must be set aside if the war is to be won.

Kimberly

Since some of the supporters of LFRAmerica have decided to try and attack my credibility and the credibility of the ALIPAC organization as a respone to this, I have issued this message at SOS.

----

I was very disappointed to see attacks on me and ALIPAC posted here and not to be allowed to respond. If the moderators at SOS want to close that discussion, I will respect that but ask that this comment be placed at the bottom.

What I want people to know is that it has been the mission of ALIPAC to widely distribute information to the American public that do not receive through the traditional media channels. Those efforts are part of the history between SOS and ALIPAC as was the case with our mutual efforts on the LA Billboard scandal and Baldwin Park. As recently as the Maywood incident, our organization has worked very hard to get the truth out to the public.

Since we are in the business of confronting the American public with images and information they need to see and since the American public has a high degree of skepticism about this information as they question why it is not on CBS, ABC, or NBC, it is vital that our credibility and integrity levels remain at the highest level.

While it has been our policy to support others and to speak no ill of a fellow patriot, the credibility and integrity must be maintained and we have an obligation to analyze what different groups are doing and saying within our movement to maintain that credibility. If anyone that wants to can form a group and start appealing to those that support our cause while using false information to do so, then we are wide open for exploit and disaster. The success or failure of our cause will be based on our ability to present accurate information to the public and then have the public trust in or believe what we provide.

I can't count the number of people on boards like these that immediately attacked our credibility when we showed the nation pictures of the LA Billboards and of the Baldwin Park monuments. So many people claimed they were not real and the product of photo shop propaganda! ALIPAC worked closely with SOS activists to verify this info was real and air tight before we went national with the stories and thanks to the combined efforts of many groups and activist, this info made it out on the Lou Dobbs Show and NPR which was a real breakthrough for us at the time.

If some activists are willing to overlook or abandon concerns about accurate information within our ranks, then that is your prerogative.

Since my credibility and the credibility of ALIPAC was brought into question here, here is a statement from my friend Ron Woodard which was a key factor in the decision to release these facts to our movement.

"I applaud the idea of a rally, but my concern is that unless the proper amount of legwork is done and credibility is maintained it could harm our cause more than help. I do not want to see a rally that is not properly attended or organized. I did not give my permission for the name of my organization NC Listen to be listed as a supporter or sponsor and when I saw that it was being used I asked for it to be removed. When I contacted them and pointed out that I did not give them permission to list NC Listen as a sponsor, I did express general support for the concept of a march, but It was disappointing to see my organization name used when I had not explicitly given that permission." -- Ron Woodard, Chairman of NC Listen.

This leads us to question, as it would any rational mind, how many more groups are in the same boat as NC Listen and after a pattern of false claims, what more can we expect from this group?

Yes, it is disappointing that we have to have this discussion, but the responsibility for this problem is in the fact that March For America engaged in these deceptive tactics which we do not condone and actively oppose.

There are those that appreciate being told the truth because showing the truth about what is happening in America is the nature of our business at ALIPAC.

You can throw as many stones as the messenger as you like because you do not like the message, but it is more important that we be able to tell people the truth and have people know it is the truth.

Please allow this response to be posted in the closed thread to allow us a proper response to the attacks on our character and credibility launched there.

Yours in the cause,

William Gheen
    www.alipac.us

PS: We have not press released this information at this time but that is under consideration.

This is Kimberly - of www.ILLEGALIMMIGRANTPROTEST.com

Thank you Alipac for checking out this organization and making an informed decision.

I wanted to visit your forum to go "On the Record" to say that the administrators at IIP strongly agree with Alipac in that we all need to fight this issue with honesty and integrity. We also will not tolerate or accept any less.

Thanks again for your tireless work and dedication to the cause, Alipac. We at www.ILLEGALIMMIGRANTPROTEST.com are proud to share a a partnership with your organization.

Sincerely,
    Kimberly Zittlow
    Owner and Webmistress
    http://www.illegalimmigrantprotest.com
    Email: fedup@illegalimmigrantprotest.com

Re: This is Kimberly - of www.ILLEGALIMMIGRANTPROTEST.com

Quote Originally Posted by kimizee
    Thank you Alipac for checking out this organization and making an informed decision.

I wanted to visit your forum to go "On the Record" to say that the administrators at IIP strongly agree with Alipac in that we all need to fight this issue with honesty and integrity. We also will not tolerate or accept any less.

Thanks again for your tireless work and dedication to the cause, Alipac. We at www.ILLEGALIMMIGRANTPROTEST.com are proud to share a a partnership with your organization.

Sincerely,
    Kimberly Zittlow
    Owner and Webmistress
    http://www.illegalimmigrantprotest.com
    Email: fedup@illegalimmigrantprotest.com
    Thank you Kimberly. You have quite a bit of experience in putting protests together and you know what it takes to do it right.

William

Has the stance on Let Freedom Ring changed in the last few months?

Quote Originally Posted by lkendter
    Has the stance on Let Freedom Ring changed in the last few months?
    Not that we are aware of.

W

More Bull Crap out to of the March for American Let Freedom Ring group this morning in my mailbox.

Do these people think they can march on the capitol of lies using the tactics of deceit used by the enemy?

Check out this FALSE email they are sending out this morning!

----

(1-copy received in William Gheen's email this morning)

Please help Let Freedom Ring America get the word out that the

March for America will go forward as planned. Your help would be

greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Debbra Barum
    --
    ALERT!

March for America – June 14th-16th is under attack.
    Airwaves, internet blogs/groups/websites and in boxes are being filled with a falsified claim made by pro-immigrant sources. They have taken on a campaign to spread a false rumor to the American public that the March For America this June has been cancelled.

THIS RUMOR IS FALSE!

Their attack is a detailed one. From the time I woke this morning my email inbox has been flooded with questions nationwide about this rumor. I have heard three local channels announce this (funny since they didn’t cover the story I submitted that it was ON). And have found and countered on uncounted number of websites/groups/blogs etc.

While I have been able to do this, the spreading of this is faster then I can keep up right now.

The Plus = 50% is on their own sites/forums/yahoo’s/stations.

The Negative = People on our side are spreading this FALSIFIED rumor also. Rather then check with us for information or the website, they are jumping the bandwagon and forwarding to friends/contacts.

Here is a sample of the content of this FALSIFIED information. Some contain the name March for America, others refer to it as just Anti-Illegal protest or Anti-Illegal protest this June. Body and basis is the same.

MARCH FOR AMERICA CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

Sorry to tell you antis but I just heard this on the radio news. The anti illegal immigration marches they were supposed to have in June have been cancelled because not enough people said they would go. Most of America is pro-illegall.

Please help us squash this deliberate attack attempt. They want to be sure so bad our voices aren’t heard, lets speak up!

United We Stand!

Suzanne Wise

CEO - LFRA

Tel: 281-354-4346

Email: swise@lframerica.com or lframerica@hotmail.com

URL:lframerica.com

---------------------

ALIPAC SUPPORTERS, PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING FACTS

1. After being on the web for 2.5 years and managing the largest archive of information on this issue, we get a lot of e-mail and can usually tell when something is going around or a hot button issue by the number of e-mails we receive on the topic.

The number of e-mails we have received about this rumor? One, and it is only the response e-mail from the Let Freedom Ring March for America people, not from a critic.

2. This e-mail falsley claims that...

I woke this morning my email inbox has been flooded with questions nationwide about this rumor. I have heard three local channels announce this (funny since they didn’t cover the story I submitted that it was ON). And have found and countered on uncounted number of websites/groups/blogs etc.
    This is clearly false because a search of the Google News engine this morning shows ZERO recent matches for "march for america" and "Suzanne Wise". There are only TWO old matches and none of the news matches are about this event being canceled. How could it be that at least three local channels were announcing this news when there is absolutely no evidence of any media coverage on the Google engines?

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=u ... earch+News

3. This author, Suzanne Wise, also claims that this rumor has been found and countered on "uncounted number of websites/groups/blogs, etc..."

While the intent of this statement is clearly to convey that so many websites contain this rumor that she can hardly count them.

I suggest that Ms. Wise go back and count them because so far, I'm finding ONE website with the rumor on it.

That website is Yahoo Questions.

Here are the search results. See if you can find more than ONE website with the rumor.

Google Search on "March for America", canceled

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl ... tnG=Search

THIS REINFORCES WHY ALIPAC IS NOT SUPPORTING THIS EVENT. MARCHING TO DC WITH A BUNCH OF LIARS IN CHARGE IS LIKE TRYING TO PUT OUT A FIRE WITH GASOLINE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast